Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No way, I'm your neighbor too. I'm up by concourse park but I make that left turn from Portola to Alton every morning around 8am. I'll keep an eye out for your car, I like the lowered look, are you getting better range after lowering?
Cool...Alton used to be my regular route to work. My Model 3 was my early retirement present to myself...call me crazy...so no more daily commute!

I doubt the subtle drop has improved the range but it's hard to tell as I no longer don't have a regular drive to compare.

Reactions: dek526
How much worse is tire wear if you lower it without upgrading the camber/toe arms?

I would def need to get alignment done after changing suspension components

some of the pics with the ultra low, like UP moderates, look like they can use an adjustable camber kit for the rear, either that or they haven't done alignment yet

for the mild ones like UP mild, TS, Eibach, doesn't look like you'll need those camber/toe upgrades

camber that's out of spec, your tires can go quite a bit before you'll see the damage
toe that's out of spec, you'll see it very fast, it can kill your tires really really fast

Reactions: atlas310
@StaceyR since you've had the Eibach springs for a couple weeks now, can you comment on the ride? Still pretty much the same as before?

There seems to be a bit more road feel (both good and bad) than before but nothing unexpected or unacceptable. So far no clearance or bottoming issues to report at all. No obvious "squat" so I'm hoping tire wear won't be excessive.

Reactions: tracksyde
Thanks, I'm liking the "meaty" tire choice. They look less stretched out on the 8.5" rim and provide more protection from impact and curbs without a noticeable "impact" on range and ride. Not everyone's taste though...

That is Whiting Ranch wilderness park in the background. Were in OC are you located? I see so many 3's now, even a new grey one down the street from me. My neighbor has both and S and X...and enough solar panels to power the block.

how close are you to the fire that's going on? looks nuts on tv

@StaceyR So I take it as the springs made the ride bumpier compare to stock springs?

I wouldn't say the ride is bumpier than stock but I do seem to feel more road imperfections. I have a hard time believing M3 owners who claim their car rides the same or better with any lowering spring. The exception might be those with low VIN cars equipped with stiffer original springs. I've had Eibach and H&R springs on other cars that were much stiffer riding but those had more drop (1.5" to 2.0") than the measured 1.0" to 1.2" on my M3 so I'm pleased with the ride quality.

how close are you to the fire that's going on? looks nuts on tv
We are pretty close as the crow flies but it is mostly burning on the Lake Elsinore side. Lots of smoke and ash. If the wind shifts then we will be concerned. This one isn't as close as the one in '09 (not 100% sure about the year) that licked all our houses but the fire department did an AMAZING job at structure protection on that fire.

We are pretty close as the crow flies but it is mostly burning on the Lake Elsinore side. Lots of smoke and ash. If the wind shifts then we will be concerned. This one isn't as close as the one in '09 (not 100% sure about the year) that licked all our houses but the fire department did an AMAZING job at structure protection on that fire.

I remember that fire well! It was '07...easy to date as I just had cancer surgery...and burned right down to our street forcing us to evacuate. The winds were really howling but the fire dept didn't lose one home.

Reactions: MountainRatMat
Just had Unplugged Mild's installed. Great service, friendly team... looking forward to more stuff from them.
Blox Sport Spacers 15mm and 20mm compliment the Mild's perfectly IMO. Quite Heavy Duty. Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 322
@MC_29 can you share your driving impressions with the UP milds? How does it compare to stock? What version were you oem springs, version 1.0 or 2.0?

Still debating between the UP milds vs Tsportline springs so your feedback is quite helpful. Thanks.

@Rlee21 Sure - I had version 2 I believe - since I just got the car a couple weeks ago.
I'll be Driving them this weekend a lot more to get a better idea and will let you know.

Trimming bumpstops is typically always recommended when using lowering springs to ensure the clearance remains the same on the dampener from bottoming out. Only time it’s not required is when the stock bump stop is already short (and has plenty of clearance). Has anyone actually called Tsportline to confirm that they don’t require bump stops to be trimmed? Just because there’s no instructions included in the box doesn’t mean it’s not recommended/required.