Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am deciding which ones to get. My car is completely murdered out and I don't like the UP ones because the rear squats too much. I am deciding between the Eibach and T Sportline,
I want the sporty feel and handling and don't care for the comfort which I think the T Sportline has.
I have the 19" wheels, and may upgrade in the future to 20". Anyone have thoughts?

I am deciding which ones to get. My car is completely murdered out and I don't like the UP ones because the rear squats too much. I am deciding between the Eibach and T Sportline,
I want the sporty feel and handling and don't care for the comfort which I think the T Sportline has.
I have the 19" wheels, and may upgrade in the future to 20". Anyone have thoughts?
When you say murdered out... any pics?
I’d say aftermarket 20’s!

Haven't ridden on the T-sportlines, but i already find my P3D+ to be too soft...cant imagine what a 'comfort' tuned suspension would do to the ride.
if coil-overs are the only option at this point, i might just have to skip the lowering bit since the cost is probably more than i'm willing to spend.

When you say murdered out... any pics?
I’d say aftermarket 20’s!
Here ya go.. Just needs windshield tint.
PS: That sticker was only there for filming a video, its gone now
IMG_2367.jpg

@Rlee21 Drove the Unplugged Milds this weekend and would definitely call these comfortable for daily driving.

I feel that Comfort level is a tad softer than stock version 2. I can hear the bumps like before, but more of the bump is absorbed and less energy is transferred to the passengers of the car.

Cornering - I can't give much feedback on this - I don't track the car. The extra comfort has not reduced my confidence with the car's steering response and grip, compared to stock. Note - I also installed staggered spacers at the same time.

Attachments

• image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 215
  • Informative
Reactions: tracksyde

Feel free to come test drive one of our fleet cars. We have Model 3's both in Downey and in West Hollywood.

@MC_29 appreciate the feedback, and no issues with bottoming out, knocking noises or the springs binding like some reports about the UP moderate springs?

@Cricket88 i emailed Tsport support and they confirm that trimming bump stops is not required nor recommended. Emailed Unplugged about same thing for milds and have yet to hear back.

Also any of you in the San Diego area are interested in ordering the Tsport springs together? Was going to order a set of Tsports springs and so was my buddy, and we were offered a discount if we both purchased together, but friend's waiting on his a dual motor Model3 and I rather not wait till those springs come out to put in my order.

Anyways, if anybody in SD is leaning towards ordering the Tsport springs, shoot me a PM.

@MC_29 appreciate the feedback, and no issues with bottoming out, knocking noises or the springs binding like some reports about the UP moderate springs?

@Cricket88 i emailed Tsport support and they confirm that trimming bump stops is not required nor recommended. Emailed Unplugged about same thing for milds and have yet to hear back.

Also any of you in the San Diego area are interested in ordering the Tsport springs together? Was going to order a set of Tsports springs and so was my buddy, and we were offered a discount if we both purchased together, but friend's waiting on his a dual motor Model3 and I rather not wait till those springs come out to put in my order.

Anyways, if anybody in SD is leaning towards ordering the Tsport springs, shoot me a PM.

@Rlee21 I havent noticed any new noises at all. Had two passengers in the rear and didnt feel any bottoming out or hitting of bump stops when I went thru some steep driveways and a few medium grade speed bumps.

I drove to Unplugged to have them do the install. I did not look or ask if they trimmed the bump stop.

Just had Unplugged Mild's installed. Great service, friendly team... looking forward to more stuff from them.
Blox Sport Spacers 15mm and 20mm compliment the Mild's perfectly IMO. Quite Heavy Duty. Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

Hi. Was just wondering if you did wheel alignment after and if there were any issues regarding alignment afterwards? Thanks!

Just wanted to share some information in regards of the bump stop.

In most lowering spring applications, trimming the bump stop is suggested/required as it is beneficial to preserving the life of your shocks. This is the case as not trimming the bump stop may cause the shock to constantly hit the bump stop thus prematurely wear your shocks or cause them to blow out.

The price of replacing a bump stop is $10 or so compared to replacing a whole shock which may be upwards of $100+

Feel free to come test drive one of our fleet cars. We have Model 3's both in Downey and in West Hollywood.

Tsportline - what are your thoughts on these comments below for your springs?

Just wanted to share some information in regards of the bump stop.

In most lowering spring applications, trimming the bump stop is suggested/required as it is beneficial to preserving the life of your shocks. This is the case as not trimming the bump stop may cause the shock to constantly hit the bump stop thus prematurely wear your shocks or cause them to blow out.

The price of replacing a bump stop is $10 or so compared to replacing a whole shock which may be upwards of $100+

Reactions: Cricket88
@warrior15r we have not trimmed the bumpstops on our company vehicles which have 10,000 collective miles on our rwd lowering springs.

Tsportline, have you consulted & confirmed with your springs manufacturer that bump stops don’t need to be trimmed for the particular applications? Just because you’ve driven 10,000 collective miles without trimming your bumpstops doesn’t make it correct. Just sayin’. Also not trying to start something but I feel the community could benefit better with proper transparency on this matter.

It literally only takes an extra 20~30 minutes to do so.

@warrior15r we have not trimmed the bumpstops on our company vehicles which have 10,000 collective miles on our rwd lowering springs.

Please see comments below. Just educating myself as well =)

Tsportline, have you consulted & confirmed with your springs manufacturer that bump stops don’t need to be trimmed for the particular applications? Just because you’ve driven 10,000 collective miles without trimming your bumpstops doesn’t make it correct. Just sayin’. Also not trying to start something but I feel the community could benefit better with proper transparency on this matter.

It literally only takes an extra 20~30 minutes to do so.

Reactions: Cricket88