Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lowered my Model 3 last week....the ride is very nice....not bumpy at all...like stock to me...but much better. Thanks AntSpec.

Also ordered a set of Bloxsport spacers...will be installing 25mm front and 30mm rears.

Will also be having my calipers painted this weekend too.

Thanks to AntSpec purchased and had them installed for me...they located in Fountain Valley.

Looks amazing, I like how it sits, not too low but definitely better than stock monster truck height.
Wonder if there's any vibration with Bloxsport spacers? Thinking of running spacer but I heard there's vibration concern with spacer.

Can anyone comment on Eibachs on P3D with Performance Upgrade? The web site (Eibach) says LR RWD compatibility but no mention of others. I'm sure it'll work, but wondering about spring rates, etc. Given that UP makes specific springs for PUP and Tsport is about to release PUP specific ones, there must be some small differences.

Someone who is VERY reputable in the Tesla community in Austin told me that the UP Moderates on non-P models bottom out a lot on the rear, not sure if that's an issue on the P model ones.

Has anyone with PUP lowered their's using just springs?

I agree, I’d love to go Eibach. However, it says they’re designed for the LR RWD. Given that UP and Tsport make different springs for different models makes me reserved about the Eibachs.

My bad DB-Cooper. I didn't notice you had the P3D with Performance Upgrade.

Can anyone comment on Eibachs on P3D with Performance Upgrade? The web site (Eibach) says LR RWD compatibility but no mention of others. I'm sure it'll work, but wondering about spring rates, etc. Given that UP makes specific springs for PUP and Tsport is about to release PUP specific ones, there must be some small differences.

Someone who is VERY reputable in the Tesla community in Austin told me that the UP Moderates on non-P models bottom out a lot on the rear, not sure if that's an issue on the P model ones.

Has anyone with PUP lowered their's using just springs?

I personally would not chance it even though likely the differences are marginal. My wild guess (guess emphasized) is that the rear might be the same since rear end of the TM3 should be identical from RWD to P3D (motor, weight, etc).

Also not surprised just based on pics that UP Moderates on non-P models bottom out a lot on the rear. Hopefully, if and when they release a specific spring set for the performance model, they will have taken care of the reverse rake look and not have the car so low that it frequently bottoms out. Bad enough to bottom out on an ice car but on a Tesla just freaks me out.

My bad DB-Cooper. I didn't notice you had the P3D with Performance Upgrade.

I personally would not chance it even though likely the differences are marginal. My wild guess (guess emphasized) is that the rear might be the same since rear end of the TM3 should be identical from RWD to P3D (motor, weight, etc).

Also not surprised just based on pics that UP Moderates on non-P models bottom out a lot on the rear. Hopefully, if and when they release a specific spring set for the performance model, they will have taken care of the reverse rake look and not have the car so low that it frequently bottoms out. Bad enough to bottom out on an ice car but on a Tesla just freaks me out.

Thanks, I don’t mind a slight rake where the front is slightly lower, but the other way, no thanks. I’ll wait and see how the P+ springs play out.

Reactions: Skione65 and Drax
Do you have any updated current pics with the 30mm rear and 25mm rear. I just spoke with antspec and he sent me the link for the BLOX 30/25s. Talked to the seller and they said it should come within 5 days. Looking to get the eibachs + Blox spacers installed just like yours and want to see what it looks like with the offsets from the back and from an angle.

Thanks!

@JohnAgustin Here's the link.. https://photos.app.goo.gl/TF9ffrDkm5kEJouF9

Hi,

I am in for a M3 long range AWD.
I am looking for springs to lower it and I saw the Eibach 1.2 inch drop.
But they say it is only availble for RDW and not AWD.

But, I assume it is because of the 200 pounds more weight of the AWD I guess?
I mean, I assume they do fit under the car right?

In that case I can just order the Eibach set because then the front will be a little extra lower due to the extra motor in the front.
Just a little more lower on the front looks good in my opion.
And after all, a gas car has also different weights with an empty fuel tank or a full one. (100-150 pounds)

Hi,

I am in for a M3 long range AWD.
I am looking for springs to lower it and I saw the Eibach 1.2 inch drop.
But they say it is only availble for RDW and not AWD.

But, I assume it is because of the 200 pounds more weight of the AWD I guess?
I mean, I assume they do fit under the car right?

In that case I can just order the Eibach set because then the front will be a little extra lower due to the extra motor in the front.
Just a little more lower on the front looks good in my opion.
And after all, a gas car has also different weights with an empty fuel tank or a full one. (100-150 pounds)

It won’t be so much because of the static height, but rather in the spring rate on bumps, etc so if you can imagine the front of your car being heavier, it would be more susceptible to unpredictable behavior when encountering road imperfections etc. I know the rear springs are the same. I would just wait. It should come out soon as they’ve been in production for the last quarter of last year. I’d imagine February...

I guess the suspension/shocks of an RWD are the same as an AWD.
But I am not sure, does anyone know if the RWD eibach springs DO fit on a AWD M3?
I mean, can the springs be placed under a AWD technicaly?

Or are the shocks and/or suspension totally different on an AWD comparing to an RWD?