Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T Sportline AWD Springs with 15mm/20mm BloxSport 7075-T6 spacers installed at AutoTalent in Gardena... went with T Sportline, since Unplugged Performance never got back to me, via email and voicemail... their Mild Springs were my 1st choice... but, maybe it was a sign, as I'm very happy with this setup (as I'm not 16 anymore and don't need a car slammed)... was really looking, like others, to close that wheel gap and keep it looking OEM-ish, like a Alfa Romeo Giulia. I have a parking bump stop in my garage so you can see that the front under rubber barely touches it... which at first bothered me, but then I realized that the rubber underneath is flexible and I'm going ~1mph at that point. Appears to clear other parking stops, but haven't attempted. Looking to get an alignment once springs settle... keeping 18" aero for now, as I drive a lot, and it'll keep tire costs down.. plus these tires are quieter, per some YT reviews, than other stock tire options. Ride quality is very similar to stock, have only tested with 1 other adult occupant riding shotgun.

View attachment 410369

Clearance over parking stop, tires have about 9k on them
View attachment 410370

Nice car!

did you paint or wrap your door handles ?

Any more pics of the door handles ? They look really good body Color.

How’s the Color match?

How much did it cost to do ? Did they have to remove the handles to do it?
You can get door handle vinyl wraps pretty cheap on Amazon ($20) that may closely match the stock Tesla paint depending on your vehicle's color. It's impossible for any wrap to completely match the OEM paint. Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GNY3F95/ref=twister_B07GNY5X52?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

However most of the pre-cut wraps like the one I listed will only cover the front of the handles. Which is fine for most people since you only see that part when the handles are not pulled out. But I wanted mine to wrap all the way around so I ordered a 12"x12" sheet of 3M vinyl wrap for $3 and made my own. It's pretty simple to do. Here's a good Youtube tutorial of someone doing a chrome delete on their Model 3. Skip forward to 6:22 to watch how he wraps the door handles. FYI I didn't use a razor like he did. I just traced the door handles and cut them out using scissors.

However most of the pre-cut wraps like the one I listed will only cover the front of the handles. Which is fine for most people since you only see that part when the handles are not pulled out.

I dont like these at all and I cannot imagine anyone would like it because it does not even cover the front completely so the chrome is still visible from the front sight. Facepalm

If you make things like this, how hard can it be to just accurately measure the doorhandels and make a pre-cut wrap that fits.

I dont like these at all and I cannot imagine anyone would like it because it does not even cover the front completely so the chrome is still visible from the front sight. Facepalm

If you make things like this, how hard can it be to just accurately measure the doorhandels and make a pre-cut wrap that fits.
To be honest it doesn't look that bad even with a little of of chrome showing on the edges. Most people won't notice until they really get up close and inspect it. You can also stretch the film a little bit to get it to cover more of the handle.

Last edited:
I'm tired of

Tired of what?

To be honest it doesn't look that bad even with a little of of chrome showing on the edges. Most people won't notice until they really get up close and inspect it. You can also stretch the film a little bit to get it to cover more of the handle.

I tried that but that did not work at all and I think it shouldnt be necessary on such a product.
Ended in the garbage.

I'm tired of waiting for coilovers for my P3D so I think I will (temporarily?) go with lowering springs. Per my research, it seems P3D owners only have two choices--UP 1.5" and Tsportline 1" / 1.2". I think Eibach makes one for the P3D but I don't think I want to go with them. Any P3D owners care to post their experience with UP/Tsportline springs? I'm leaning towards the Tsportline springs since I'd like to stay closer to a 1" drop because my gf also drives the car. But I don't like how the Tsportline springs are 1.2" in the rear, which could accentuate the 'reverse rake' look. As far as ride quality and comfort, it seems like it's a bit of mixed bag with both of the springs?

Tired of what?

I tried that but that did not work at all and I think it shouldnt be necessary on such a product.
Ended in the garbage.
Sorry I was starting another post but accidentally posted it in my response to you lol

I mean for $20 I find it to be an acceptable product. If I was paying $500+ for a chrome delete and they did it like that then, no, I wouldn't be satisfied. But you probably have higher standards than me so YMMV.

Reactions: DeHakkelaar
I'm tired of waiting for coilovers for my P3D so I think I will (temporarily?) go with lowering springs. Per my research, it seems P3D owners only have two choices--UP 1.5" and Tsportline 1" / 1.2". I think Eibach makes one for the P3D but I don't think I want to go with them. Any P3D owners care to post their experience with UP/Tsportline springs? I'm leaning towards the Tsportline springs since I'd like to stay closer to a 1" drop because my gf also drives the car. But I don't like how the Tsportline springs are 1.2" in the rear, which could accentuate the 'reverse rake' look. As far as ride quality and comfort, it seems like it's a bit of mixed bag with both of the springs?

Dont like the reverse rake either.
Thats why I put the RWD eibach on my AWD ;)

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
T Sportline AWD Springs with 15mm/20mm BloxSport 7075-T6 spacers installed at AutoTalent in Gardena... went with T Sportline, since Unplugged Performance never got back to me, via email and voicemail... their Mild Springs were my 1st choice... but, maybe it was a sign, as I'm very happy with this setup (as I'm not 16 anymore and don't need a car slammed)... was really looking, like others, to close that wheel gap and keep it looking OEM-ish, like a Alfa Romeo Giulia. I have a parking bump stop in my garage so you can see that the front under rubber barely touches it... which at first bothered me, but then I realized that the rubber underneath is flexible and I'm going ~1mph at that point. Appears to clear other parking stops, but haven't attempted. Looking to get an alignment once springs settle... keeping 18" aero for now, as I drive a lot, and it'll keep tire costs down.. plus these tires are quieter, per some YT reviews, than other stock tire options. Ride quality is very similar to stock, have only tested with 1 other adult occupant riding shotgun.

View attachment 410369

Clearance over parking stop, tires have about 9k on them
View attachment 410370
What's the % of windowtint on your car?

Here is my SR+ lowered on UP Moderate springs. Installed BLOX 15/20mm spacers as well. Haven't noticed much of a change in driving dynamics, but it looks a lot better.

model3lowered1.jpg

model3lowered2.jpg

You can get door handle vinyl wraps pretty cheap on Amazon ($20) that may closely match the stock Tesla paint depending on your vehicle's color. It's impossible for any wrap to completely match the OEM paint. Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GNY3F95/ref=twister_B07GNY5X52?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

However most of the pre-cut wraps like the one I listed will only cover the front of the handles. Which is fine for most people since you only see that part when the handles are not pulled out. But I wanted mine to wrap all the way around so I ordered a 12"x12" sheet of 3M vinyl wrap for $3 and made my own. It's pretty simple to do. Here's a good Youtube tutorial of someone doing a chrome delete on their Model 3. Skip forward to 6:22 to watch how he wraps the door handles. FYI I didn't use a rice job arappingazor like he did. I just traced the door handles and cut them out using scissors.

Nice video - you did a nice job wrapping in your video