Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little trick to parking perfectly with the bumper just shy of the parking blocks is while in your normal driving position, line up the bottom of your side mirrors with the top of the parking block on the ground. Sounds weird, but you use mostly peripheral vision. Works flawlessly every time.
This technique is very dependent on driver's height in how they sit. For example, I sit very reclined so if I used this technique my entire car would be sticking out of the parking spot.

Question for those who lowered. Are you scraping on curbs or parking stops now? I know lowered looks better, but I definitely won’t consider if I’m going to be dragging the front bumper every time I park....

Have yet to scrape. I got the t sportlines and it actually still clears parking blocks. Super close, but still clears them...but I’m still cautious just in case.

I'm planning on purchasing the TSportline springs, does anyone have any recommended shops to have them installed near the Inland Empire or any other shops in Socal. Thanks!

I used Auto Talent near the Torrance area and they installed these exact springs in about 2.5 - 3 hours. Contact Justin @ Auto Talent, I'm sure he can hook you up with the same price he gave me ($325)

I'm planning on purchasing the TSportline springs, does anyone have any recommended shops to have them installed near the Inland Empire or any other shops in Socal. Thanks!

I went with Eibach, they are located in Corona. It was $400 to have the springs installed ... and it included an alignment. The experience was pretty nice, they even included a tour of their whole facility. Only thing is they will only install Eibach products.

I installed the Unplugged Performance Moderate Springs and I LOVE them. The car rides just as good as it did stock but handles better in the corners. There are no problems with speed bumps or anything like that because it’s not THAT low.... it’s just low enough to look right! This is how the Model 3 should come from the factory!

599C8EF5-4E09-4827-8E58-52DB507A319D.jpeg
6C23BA39-02EA-467E-8FDA-38F2C2D666F4.jpeg
7FEB1D20-374C-41DB-9F58-A1F0532AEF19.jpeg
E895F671-C98C-4D37-9F91-816141311682.jpeg
314A2753-EA24-4D94-B997-ECC8C5FBFD6B.jpeg
D8D91089-8C14-4DB8-9A96-CF490CDE16C8.jpeg

I installed the Unplugged Performance Moderate Springs and I LOVE them. The car rides just as good as it did stock but handles better in the corners. There are no problems with speed bumps or anything like that because it’s not THAT low.... it’s just low enough to look right! This is how the Model 3 should come from the factory!

View attachment 327424 View attachment 327425 View attachment 327426 View attachment 327427 View attachment 327429 View attachment 327430

Wow, I thought those were 20s until I saw the markings on the tires.

Wow, I thought those were 20s until I saw the markings on the tires.
Yea, that's why I got the 19's. Its really hard to tell the difference between 19's and 20's. Much easier to see the difference in 18's to 20's. But I went with 19's to give a little more side wall to help with the ride. I feel like it rides as good, or better than it did with the stock springs.

Not that I have the carr yet but am building my own Tesla...very slowly. 2 years of waiting and just ordered a spring kit(to go with my wheels and tires) for my imaginary AWD non-p.

Just got off the phone with a rep from Marcor/Eibach Canada and was told an AWD spring kit is available for order? Anyone know anything about this? I put down a deposit and will post details once I pick them up. Was told they need to be shipped over.

View attachment 327424 View attachment 327425 View attachment 327426 View attachment 327427 View attachment 327429 View attachment 327430

Wow that looks amazing.

• Love
Reactions: ghoticov
Question for those who lowered. Are you scraping on curbs or parking stops now? I know lowered looks better, but I definitely won’t consider if I’m going to be dragging the front bumper every time I park....

I installed Unplugged Performance's "Moderate" package. It maintains good clearance while also giving a sportier stance. They have a "Mild" option if you feel "Moderate" might be too aggressive. Here's the link to the springs I have. Best of luck. Unplugged Performance | Dual Rate Lowering Springs for Tesla Model 3

Attachments

• IMG_9737.jpg
    IMG_9737.jpg
    979.2 KB · Views: 243