Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't need to measure it to know that the gap between tire and fender is larger in the front than the same gap in the back, but this has nothing to do with determining if the car is level from to back to front. Again you can have the fender wells cut differently and that throws your measure measurement off with your method. The front fender well is not an identical shape and size to the rear fender.

Thats true.
But optical I looks as a reverse rake now and I guess you dont want that. Even if the car is level now from back to front.

Good! I think it’s less stiff than with the stock ones.

Installed Tsportline springs on my RWD LR this weekend and find them noticeably stiffer/bouncier than stock. I'm surprised to hear others state that it feels softer/less stiff.

Attachments

• IMG_6035.jpg
    IMG_6035.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 335
My Model3 with race wheels ready to go!

I purposefully have my track wheels smaller than stock, so definitely looking to lower! problem is I want to be able to also fit my 20" wheels. and be able to actually get a jack under the car....

I guess my car settled another 1/4 inch since using MPP’s initial height settings. So far I have at least 10,000 miles on the coilovers.

I know this because the other night I had to jack the car up with my low profile floor jack. I’ve got the jack point pucks and with those in place I needed an extra 1/4 inch of clearance to get my low profile jack under the car... I remedied that by just driving the car up on 2x4’s and the jack fit.

I’d probably go up another 1/4 to 1/2 an inch but so far it’s been amazingly driveable because of the short front and rear overhangs.

• Informative
Reactions: Ervic
Here's better photos of the car with the lowering springs without the spacers that Eibach just sent me. I am still waiting to hear from their engineer on spring specs, etc! and the last photo is what some of you think it looks like when Teslas are lowered LOL

View attachment 288466
View attachment 288467
View attachment 288468

The car looks really great with that mild lowering kit. Big aesthetic and handling improvement without much drawback from what I can see. The Photoshop pic is hilarious. :D

I guess my car settled another 1/4 inch since using MPP’s initial height settings. So far I have at least 10,000 miles on the coilovers.

I know this because the other night I had to jack the car up with my low profile floor jack. I’ve got the jack point pucks and with those in place I needed an extra 1/4 inch of clearance to get my low profile jack under the car... I remedied that by just driving the car up on 2x4’s and the jack fit.

I’d probably go up another 1/4 to 1/2 an inch but so far it’s been amazingly driveable because of the short front and rear overhangs.

How low is your low profile jack?

Anyone get their TSportline Model 3 AWD non performance lowering springs yet? I just received mine and found a lot of scuffs and deep scratches into the metal on the coils. There was NO packaging material (bubble wrap).. just springs in a thin cardboard box.

During my call with a Tsportline rep, she said that bubble wrap is not provided and the damage incurred on the springs were due to cardboard burn. I understand cardboard burn can occur for painted surfaces but she said it was the cause for the deep scuffs on the backside of the coils... lol. If I wanted to get these replaced, it would be at my cost for unless their engineering team spots and says its .

TLDR. The AWD springs I received from Tsportline looks used like someone put springs compressor clamps on all of them. Printed text and paint were scratched/scuffed, some to the point where the bare metal is exposed. Bare metal will rust and that's dangerous when each spring is supporting so much weight.

Curious to hear the communities' thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_9165.jpg
    IMG_9165.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_9166.jpg
    IMG_9166.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_9167.jpg
    IMG_9167.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_9168.jpg
    IMG_9168.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_9169.jpg
    IMG_9169.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_9171.jpg
    IMG_9171.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_9188.jpg
    IMG_9188.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_9189.jpg
    IMG_9189.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_9193.jpg
    IMG_9193.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_9195.jpg
    IMG_9195.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 250
  • Informative
Reactions: BobbyM3
it seems that the UP springs sag in the rear on the Model 3 performance. its hard to tell in pictures.

The rear has the wheels pushed way into the fenders. I just installed 15mm rear and it looks much better.

Will post pictures of the Eibach Pro Kit for Performance model 3 in a few days.

Anyone on here have any issues getting their car serviced at the Tesla service centers?

Looks like I need to bring my car in for software issues... just want to be sure they don’t drive it like an SUV.

Any experience at any of the SoCal service centers? I’ve got an appointment at the Costa Mesa location. Should I change to Buena Park?

Anyone get their TSportline Model 3 AWD non performance lowering springs yet? I just received mine and found a lot of scuffs and deep scratches into the metal on the coils. There was NO packaging material (bubble wrap).. just springs in a thin cardboard box.

During my call with a Tsportline rep, she said that bubble wrap is not provided and the damage incurred on the springs were due to cardboard burn. I understand cardboard burn can occur for painted surfaces but she said it was the cause for the deep scuffs on the backside of the coils... lol. If I wanted to get these replaced, it would be at my cost for unless their engineering team spots and says its .

TLDR. The AWD springs I received from Tsportline looks used like someone put springs compressor clamps on all of them. Printed text and paint were scratched/scuffed, some to the point where the bare metal is exposed. Bare metal will rust and that's dangerous when each spring is supporting so much weight.

Looks like you may have received their test (used) spring. Or their quality control over there in Taiwan (somewhere in asia) is slacking it.

Lowered my car with Unplugged Performance moderate springs, installation was $300 at UP in Hawthorne. B&W edit in photoshop! Still need to get it aligned, MPP camber adjusters came longer than stock, so a bit of positive camber in this pic. Car also has spacers 15mm up front, 20mm in the rear

How's the handling with the spacers? I'm very curious. When driving in sport mode it feels tighter during steering. I can only imagine that driving this M3 in sport mode/lowered and spacers would feel like i'm driving a Honda with no power steering.

Completely unacceptable. Minor scuffs would annoy me but once installed not the end of the world. Chips down to the metal are not good. They should absolutely replace at no additional cost. Shipping costs by a purchaser should only happen if you change your mind or order incorrectly but if you are not getting what you paid for (new undamaged parts), you shouldn't have to pay to fix the problem.

How's the handling with the spacers? I'm very curious. When driving in sport mode it feels tighter during steering. I can only imagine that driving this M3 in sport mode/lowered and spacers would feel like i'm driving a Honda with no power steering.

Spacers make no difference in the handling feel at all. Feels the same, def does not feel like a honda without power steering.