Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When lowering the car, i assume stiffer springs are used so that super aggressive turns don't make you bottom out?

Imgur

other than the obvious that I am taking this corner too aggressively...if I lower the car, I can make it not hit the ground while doing this right?

That's why I'm waiting (patiently) for SAS option on the model 3. I gave up on angle driving long ago.

Can someone TWEET Elon to see when SAS will be available and on which model?

Hey man,

I'm new here and dont know how to DM. I saw the car on your profile pic and was wondering if it was yours.

if it is, what did you do to lower it? I love that look.

Regards

Had @Tsportline lowering springs installed at VIBE Motorsports in Burbank.

Been a week and it looks like the rear is sagging a bit on my model 3 performance. Front is about an inch higher.

Attaching some pics (blew out the exposure on the wide shot purposefully to highlight the gap)...this happening to anyone else? Is it possible to install them incorrectly and cause a height issue?

Attachments

• 3D68D159-56DD-47B2-A41B-ABA372BA0C73.jpeg
    3D68D159-56DD-47B2-A41B-ABA372BA0C73.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 378
  • 4B4C433E-2D7E-497E-8753-9C9F7A69F5F4.jpeg
    4B4C433E-2D7E-497E-8753-9C9F7A69F5F4.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 25A24394-538B-4E75-A853-4399B2DD6607.jpeg
    25A24394-538B-4E75-A853-4399B2DD6607.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 334

Been a week and it looks like the rear is sagging a bit on my model 3 performance. Front is about an inch higher.

Attaching some pics (blew out the exposure on the wide shot purposefully to highlight the gap)...this happening to anyone else? Is it possible to install them incorrectly and cause a height issue?

Pretty sure they all have more clearance in front than the rear because the fronts turn. Did you measure when it was first done and they were the same?

Pretty sure they all have more clearance in front than the rear because the fronts turn. Did you measure when it was first done and they were the same?

Yup, this isn't just unique to our cars either. Plenty of other cars have the appearance of a reverse rake because the front fender well arc makes it look that way.

I just lowered mine with MPP comfort coilovers and it appears to be higher in the front. But I actually measured all 4 corners and they're all pretty much the same height, give or take a twelfth to an eighth of an inch or so.

@SoundBySully i did not measure when they were first installed last week. Didn’t seem as noticeable when it was first done.

@P-Lo801 did you measure from the ground to wheel well or the gap between tire to wheel well? The MPP coil overs are adjustable right? So theoretically you could tweak a bit to make them line up visually if you wanted?

@P-Lo801 did you measure from the ground to wheel well or the gap between tire to wheel well? The MPP coil overs are adjustable right? So theoretically you could tweak a bit to make them line up visually if you wanted?

Yes, I measured from fender to ground. They are adjustable, and i'm actually going back in two days to raise the height because I found their default height to be too low. I'm planning to adjust the rear to be slightly higher to at least take away the appearance of the reverse rake.

• Informative
Reactions: Rich Lee
@SoundBySully i did not measure when they were first installed last week. Didn’t seem as noticeable when it was first done.

the way to measure is from the ground to the battery, at least thats how MPP do it

• Informative
Reactions: Rich Lee
Hey man,

I'm new here and dont know how to DM. I saw the car on your profile pic and was wondering if it was yours.

if it is, what did you do to lower it? I love that look.

Regards
Is that my car in my avatar? Yes and No. The picture in my avatar is one of the original Tesla test cars driving someplace, I don't know where. I asked a TMC friend of mine who has Photoshop skills to modify that picture to the way I wanted my car, as I waited another year to get my 3MR. I would give him credit here but I'm afraid that others would contact him for Photoshop favors. He knows who he is and if wants to "de-cloak" to TMC, that is up to him.

I received my car last December and I am in the process of modifying it like the avatar picture. It is white with a white interior and I run it with the aero covers on, because I am weird and I really like the look of aero covers. I have painted the aero covers like those in picture and removed the emblems plus other mods. But the car is still a work in progress. I have not lowered it yet but I am leaning toward Eibach springs with wheel spacers (15mm/20mm) as I create the car in the picture. I don't want to post any pictures before the car is complete.

For those of you who live in SoCal, I hang out on the 10, 60, 91, 110, 22, 405 freeways. Occasionally I Supercharge at the Wilmington SC. The car is very distinctive with the modifications I have completed so far. You will know it when you see it, not another one like it. Stop by and say "Hi", I'm the old fart street rodder who looks like he belongs in "assisted living" and the t-shirt that says, "Frunk Trunk." ;)

• Funny
Reactions: tracksyde