Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MPP Arastradero Model 3 Rear Camber Arms | Mountain Pass Performance

" The OEM suspension does not allow adjustment of rear camber."

Maybe Tesla has added some eccentric bolts in the meantime, but mine doesn't have them. Either that or the service manual is just referring to slop, which can be used to make minor adjustments.
Can you please post screenshots? As far as everyone is aware, this car is only toe adjustable front & rear.

also eccentric bolts to make any kinds of adjustments need to be outlawed

The MPP Sports Coilovers that I ordered in November for my Stealth Model 3 Performance finally arrived this week. Had them (plus toe/camber arms) installed by Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley and they did a great job with the ride height and alignment. I couldn't be happier with the results. The car feels just right now, with all the uncertainty and floatiness that I felt before gone. The awkwardly large factory wheel gap is also fixed of course. This is with tsportline 19" TSS wheels and Continental ProContact tires. Once I get some stickier rubber it'll be perfect.

• Love
Reactions: MountainPass
The MPP Sports Coilovers that I ordered in November for my Stealth Model 3 Performance finally arrived this week. Had them (plus toe/camber arms) installed by Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley and they did a great job with the ride height and alignment. I couldn't be happier with the results. The car feels just right now, with all the uncertainty and floatiness that I felt before gone. The awkwardly large factory wheel gap is also fixed of course. This is with tsportline 19" TSS wheels and Continental ProContact tires. Once I get some stickier rubber it'll be perfect.
Amazing! Please enjoy and let us know what you think after some more time with your new suspension.

I think I may know where this confusion comes from. Apparently Tesla did have an eccentric bolt at one time on the Model 3 but found that it slipped with factory torque settings, so they removed it. Maybe that's why it shows up in the service manual.

(info comes from an anonymous Tesla source)

Huh? Who told you that?

The Model 3 Service Manual shows 3 places to adjust camber in the rear: Lower aft link to knuckle bolt, Lower aft link to subframe bolt, and Upper aft link to subframe bolt.

We would love a photo of the adjuster on your car if this is the case, so far we haven't seen this!

Can you please post screenshots? As far as everyone is aware, this car is only toe adjustable front & rear.

also eccentric bolts to make any kinds of adjustments need to be outlawed

How's the ride comfort? Worse or better than stock? And did u use the MPP recommended height settings?

How's the ride comfort? Worse or better than stock? And did u use the MPP recommended height settings?
It's of course more firm which you notice going over big bumps, but also surprisingly forgiving on small bumps. It's not as harsh as my previous car (BMW M4). Long trips won't be a problem. I guess I'd say if your baseline is a European sports sedan, then this will feel great.
For the ride height, I had a talk with Griffin before they installed it, and based on this conversation they came up with the settings. I don't know what the actual height ended up being. I wanted to avoid the 'slammed' look. The wheel wells are nicely filled out now like you would expect. Also, Griffin said that the coilovers would settle by another quarter inch while breaking in (that's another 6 mm).
yo.jpg

Just installed. @Tsportline 1” drop
View attachment 464099

Top is before, bottom is after. I tried to keep perspective equal.
the wheels are vorstieners 107s but they are similarish to the newer genesis wheels.
in have a LR AWD

Love your drop and your bouldering wall!!

I'm still looking for the right choice for my SR. This is definitely the goal.
Thanks for posting.

I've read most of this thread (as well as manufacturer's pages). Wanted to consolidate and verify some info. Please let me know if there's any errors (or better prices). These are spec for LR AWD, and listed in increasing drop amount.

Also, I would love to hear more from people who have installed the H&R or the D2 Racing springs.

tesla awd springs.png

error1: Eibach Performance are $360

I think I may know where this confusion comes from. Apparently Tesla did have an eccentric bolt at one time on the Model 3 but found that it slipped with factory torque settings, so they removed it. Maybe that's why it shows up in the service manual.

(info comes from an anonymous Tesla source)

Actually the rear toe adjustment is through an eccentric cam bolt arrangement. Someone on this form said they should be outlawed and they're right. Replacing that with the mountain pass toe arm is a vast Improvement in terms of ease of adjustment.