Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been happy with UP Mild springs on my LR RWD. Before and after shots.
1540944126.377(1).jpg
20200319_202828.jpg
20190811_141506.jpg

those do look good. thanks. did you notice any difference in the ride?
I only had the car a couple of weeks before I had the springs installed and it has been a year and a half now. UnPlugged is about 100 miles away from my home, so I paid close attention to the ride on the way to get them installed and definitely noticed a significant improvement in ride quality on the way home.

As this thread apparently isn't just about lowering but widening with spacers as well, I guess I'll post this here. :)

I finally received my custom made spacers today, been waiting on them for quite a while already. Since I couldn't use the bolt on Bloxsport spacers (15mm wouldn't fit, stock wheel studs on my EU model 3 were slightly longer than what I've seen on the US Model 3's and would touch the inside of the wheels) I chose to use these regular spacers and not the bolt on spacers. I replaced the wheel studs a few weeks back, you can see how I did that here:
Model 3 wheel studs

So ofcourse I installed them right away. :) Fronts are 8mm and rears are 15mm. Wheels are already 35 offset, so this is basically +13mm and +20mm from stock. Really good quality spacers, they fit really snug on the wheel hubs and the wheels do as well. I used some anti-seize paste so I'm able to take them off again if I ever have to. ;)

rJsmcFE.jpg

0M2n44F.jpg

3VoSjpr.jpg

The wheels are now exactly flush with the fenders, looks so much better than when the wheels are tucked in with the stock fitment (or the +5mm like I had with these wheels).

J7b7R4x.jpg

RpOWZBN.jpg

Ixgxaz2.jpg

Z8bvey8.jpg

LpL1sGs.jpg

Went out for a quick drive just now and it really drives better as well. Feels even more stable and steering seems more direct. So I'm really happy with the end result now. :) The wheels and lowering look much better now, really fits well together. :D

Those are awesome for sure. Here is an alternative...not quite the same and kinda $ for what they are. Spare lumber still fine I guess.....

Mini-raceramps
That’s what I do now but those cute little ramps are sweet! I can get my Arcan low profile jack under the car with a thin pad but now that it’s lowered my safejack stands won’t fit without getting the car up a bit first.

I want those little ramps! Perfect to be able to get the jack under a lowered car!

Yep, I really like using them, makes jacking up the car so much easier. I'm also using the safejack stands.

I wouldn't really buy those 2 different ramps posted, way too overpriced for what they are. I paid even less than that for the 4 that I have now. They even have 2 parts, can make them even higher but don't know if you can drive onto them then if the car is lowered more than mine. ;) The ones I use are made for caravans and motorhomes, can handle up to 2000kg each. :)

I can't really find them anywhere outside of The Netherlands and Germany. Maybe you can find some similar ones on ebay.
Here's a link to the Dutch store where I bought them from though. :) Maybe you can try picture search on google to find similar looking ones.

Froli multifunctioneel oprijblok

TSportline springs with 15mm BLOX Sport spacers all around (thanks @mpt). Installed today at VIBE Motorsports in Burbank, CA. $400 out the door. I'm loving the stance, and the handling already feels noticeably tighter, sportier. The fender gap has closed to where I'm happy with it. The 1" drop is perfect for my taste. The Eibach 1.2" or Unplugged Moderate 1.5" drop might be the preference of others, but the new stance with the springs and spacers I went with has truly completed the look I hoped for from day one. Good luck to all those who are adding mods to their 3s, whatever they may be. We're a lucky bunch! :D

View attachment 319663

View attachment 319664

View attachment 319665
Are those 20in wheels or the 19inch? I’m thinking about getting the eibachs for my sr+. But I’m worried because they say it only lowers the car 0.8in. And with 19in wheels. I’m not sure it’ll be low enough. I’m looking for a similar stance that you’ve got

Anyone have the Tsportline springs for a year or longer? Can you comment on the ride quality and height after a year? Did they settle more, and any issues with ground clearance?
Nothing is going to change in a year unless a shock or other suspension component fails. Settling is not relevant in modern cars. Once suspension is loaded and driven a little bit it's done.

Nothing is going to change in a year unless a shock or other suspension component fails. Settling is not relevant in modern cars. Once suspension is loaded and driven a little bit it's done.
Unless they made from the Chinesium. Those have advantage of keep lowering your car more and more without you doing anything. Brilliant.

Fair point - my reference is my last car (2000 Toyota Solara - that baby ran for 20 years). Lowering 1.5" on stock struts would cause them to fail, so had to replace the struts with aftermarket as well. Safe to assume much has changed in 20 years though.