Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here with airride on their Model 3? Currently installed KW v3 coilovers, which are great. My installer dropped the car more than I was planning to, but I fell in love with the stance...however, since I have a very steep garage, we had to raise the Model 3 quite a few inches again. Therefore I'm thinking of bagging the ride to get the required flexibility and best of both worlds.

Any input/experiences are appreciated!

Anyone here with airride on their Model 3? Currently installed KW v3 coilovers, which are great. My installer dropped the car more than I was planning to, but I fell in love with the stance...however, since I have a very steep garage, we had to raise the Model 3 quite a few inches again. Therefore I'm thinking of bagging the ride to get the required flexibility and best of both worlds.

Any input/experiences are appreciated!

I don't think many here on TMC are running airride, not that I've seen anyway. On Instagram however there's loads of them already. ;) Only one I know who still occasionally checks in here is @i.am.aj

I'm thinking about it too, just still trying to justify the rather expensive cost. :p

They covered labor to install them. I will have to pay for them to be taken off. I might just go with stock after this whole fiasco. I was kicking tires on Mountain Pass coilovers, but just can't shell out another $1k+

Understood. I would just wait until you can save the money because the coilover sets either sport or comfort from Mountain Pass are worth every penny. Plus they now have a comfort adjustable set which we're about to install on my wife's model 3 after putting a sport set on my model 3. Will definitely provide feedback here and on one other thread about the installation and the results. My wife's car obviously is going to be set softer because she doesn't care so much for the batshit handling if it comes at any expense of ride.

Reactions: diggity and Dave EV
If interested in another data point...
- HR springs
- Blox 15/20
- Performance model 3, 3/2019 build date
SUPER easy install on both. Total drop averages right around the 1.2" HR specifies and no, the Box 15mm did not fit the front without the factory studs bottoming out on the stock 20" cavities. I had to shave off ~2mm of thread and really glad I did. To my eyes it looks perfect. If you look at the stock lug nuts, the last 5mm do not have any threads in them so shaving off 2mm will not affect thread engagement if I return to stock.
RR.png
RRthreeQuarter.png

If interested in another data point...
- HR springs
- Blox 15/20
- Performance model 3, 3/2019 build date
SUPER easy install on both. Total drop averages right around the 1.2" HR specifies and no, the Box 15mm did not fit the front without the factory studs bottoming out on the stock 20" cavities. I had to shave off ~2mm of thread and really glad I did. To my eyes it looks perfect. If you look at the stock lug nuts, the last 5mm do not have any threads in them so shaving off 2mm will not affect thread engagement if I return to stock.

That stance looks great. Any rub on front or rears with the spacers and drop?

That stance looks great. Any rub on front or rears with the spacers and drop?
Not yet. I only have about 150 miles but have purposefully gone over a speed hump at a normal speed which does a good job compressing the suspension to see if it would bottom out. No issues. Granted, the wheels were not turned at the time so the true test for the front might be a high G corner. You've convinced me to go find some.....

This is the perfect drop here I think. Eibach springs, obviously? How much of a drop is it and which model car is this? Would this work with stock Aeros?

I have a P+ and it lowered the front and rear by 1.0” and 1.4” respectively as they state.

Eibach offers different springs for each model 3 variant with varying lowering heights. They also just came out with their super sport springs which lower both front and rear 1.7”

Reactions: Spacep0d
I'd ignore those measurements listed by Eibach - it makes it sound like it'd be a huge negative rake. Every Eibach install I've seen, and in fact every other spring set, does not yield a negative rake with the exception of the early UP moderate springs.

I'd ignore those measurements listed by Eibach - it makes it sound like it'd be a huge negative rake. Every Eibach install I've seen, and in fact every other spring set, does not yield a negative rake with the exception of the early UP moderate springs.

Interesting. Suggests the stock 3's have a slight rake angle. Which would make sense in terms of aerodynamics. Tesla puts a lot of R&D into this for obvious reasons.