Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Suggests the stock 3's have a slight rake angle. Which would make sense in terms of aerodynamics. Tesla puts a lot of R&D into this for obvious reasons.
My LRRWD and other measurments I've seen for non performance models actually show a reverse rake with oem springs. After my Eibachs were installed the reverse rake was lessened but still there. The reverse rake is very slight and not noticeable by eye but if measured it is there. At least that's what I've observed

What is the reverse rake measurements on stock oem, if you don't mind measuring for me/
My LRRWD and other measurments I've seen for non performance models actually show a reverse rake with oem springs. After my Eibachs were installed the reverse rake was lessened but still there. The reverse rake is very slight and not noticeable by eye but if measured it is there. At least that's what I've observed

What is the reverse rake measurements on stock oem, if you don't mind measuring for me/
I can't measure the OEM reverse rake on my car as I currently have Eibachs on. However, post #126 mentions 29" front and 28.5" rear from ground to fender making it a 1/2" difference. When the car is sitting tall, the reverse rake is not as noticeable. With my Eibachs, those measurements are 27 6/16" F and 27 3/16" R with a 3/16" difference. So the end result is still a reverse rake but to a lesser extent which means the springs actually drop the front more than the rear. I assume that other springs that make the fender heights even front/rear are actually dropping the front a significant amount more than the rear to achieve the even stance. Not sure if this changes the f/r balance from what was intended by the factory.

As mentioned, this inherent reverse rake is very subtle and to date no one has mentioned to me that they notice it.

Visually. Ride quality is fine. I had springs from TSportline on my AWD 3 and it was great - even and was a fantastic ride. While the ride is fine on these, the reverse rake bothers me.
Sorry, misunderstood you. If the reverse rake is out by 0.6", that's a lot and didn't know tsportlines had that issue. You may want to go back to them as maybe you received a bad set.

Yes, I did and they remedied it as they gave me a refund. I just would have to now pay to have the OEM springs put back on and I am not sure if it is worth it.

Just buy different springs and switch to them. ;) Then you're basically just paying to put those new springs on. I wouldn't switch back to stock since you do want the lowered look. You've got some other options. Unplugged or Cobra (Dutch company but they actually started a division in North America recently). Or the popular Eibach and H&R springs. I'm running Cobra springs myself and I'd definitely recommend them. No reverse rake from what I've seen on the Model 3's that have them over here.

Bump. Planning to install moderate Unplugged springs this month. Definitely keeping 18” Aeros with the cap kit to preserve range. Seems like most people here have aftermarket wheels. Anyone with Aeros want to post up?
Is there something particular you like about the UP springs? There are a lot of spring choices out there and the UP springs are the only ones that need a plastic sleeve over some of the coils to manage noise. If fully compressed, the plastic may rub together and eventually wear down. If you are stuck on UP products go with their coilovers but if you simply want springs try H&R or Eibach which have good track records of being problem free.

Bump. Planning to install moderate Unplugged springs this month. Definitely keeping 18” Aeros with the cap kit to preserve range. Seems like most people here have aftermarket wheels. Anyone with Aeros want to post up?
Here’s my set up with aero + UP moderate springs.
574E076F-34C3-49F2-972C-868239CAB1BD.jpeg

Reactions: Firehuntah and Mr X