Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eibachs are the only ones worth getting if you're in the UK/Europe. They are good quality and have been developed to ride better on our roads. I haven't heard of anyone with Eibachs having any problems with noise so far. If you don't want to stretch to coilovers, Eibachs are the next best thing IMO.

ive had eibachs for over a year on 19s and 20s and would do it again in a heartbeat. The eibach kit was out first and thats what i ended up with. To my eye, both hr and eibach are little higher in the rear than up front

Id also recommend them to others since I know how the ride feels after installation (much better, no floatiness and still not an aggressively low drop). In my day to day experience, you dont really notice being lowered as its not that low. TBH, compared to most stock sporty cars in the segment (like a bmw 3 series), my lowered model 3 is still higher than most, so i guess my only complaint would be that the eibachs arent low enough

Last edited:
Anyone know what happens if you bottom out many times or just the under stuff gets scrapped an hit, will the battery be okay?
Depends what you hit and how hard. The problem with lowering springs is that there will be less travel before the dampers bottom out and the car is riding on its bump rubbers. The lower you go with springs the earlier the car will be riding on the bump rubbers and that's what's going to give you a very harsh ride and effects like bump steer which will affect the handling.
If you want to go really low you need coilovers, not lowering springs.

Reactions: dfwatt
Depends what you hit and how hard. The problem with lowering springs is that there will be less travel before the dampers bottom out and the car is riding on its bump rubbers. The lower you go with springs the earlier the car will be riding on the bump rubbers and that's what's going to give you a very harsh ride and effects like bump steer which will affect the handling.
If you want to go really low you need coilovers, not lowering springs.

I was previous on Eibach springs with no issues. It was perfect. Recently switched to MPP Sport coilovers and lowered the car about another inch and I started bottoming out. Could it be that the car is too low or could I avoid that by adjusting the dampers? Ideally what ratio should I have the rebound/compression?

Reactions: techlogik
Been very happy with my Eibachs. The drop is noticeable and definitely improves appearance but not too low for those of us that daily this car. The ride is fine. On all but the worst roads I’d say it’s no worse than stock and possibly better. It gets a little rough on the bad stuff but so did stock.

For those of you that have lowered with springs and added sway bars are end links necessary?
All model 3s come with factory front sway bars/end links. However, the SR cars do not come with rear sway bars/end links. Adding sway bars does not require aftermarket end links and stock end links work fine. Of course if you add a rear sway bar to an SR you will need to purchase end links as well (which could be aftermarket or oem).

My UP swaybars at their recommended settings did not make any impact to ride comfort.