TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lowest center of gravity of any crossover?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DIL, Aug 19, 2014.

1. DIL

DIL Member

The Model X, like the Model S, will be heavy. But it will have, I suspect, an even greater advantage over comparable vehicles because of an extremely low Cg for a crossover. Will this be the best handling CUV on the market?

2. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

That is what I am counting on. It is the biggest reason for me to not like other SUVs. I am hoping the X will corner like a car and not some top heavy vehicle like (most) other SUVs. Granted, I have never driven a Cayenne but there is only so much one can do with physics.

3. loganthefirst

loganthefirst Member

I think it will. I hope it handles like a Cadillac CLS but SUV style. At least that's what I'm hoping for!

4. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

The Model S's center of gravity is lower than any sedan, and lower than most sports cars.

Likewise, the Model X's center of gravity will most assuredly be lower than any SUV or CUV, and lower than most sedans.

5. de704

de704 XP268

I'd say that there's a good chance that the Model X's Cg will be twice as low as it's nearest SUV/CUV competitor.