Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowest VIN NOT Delivered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting on my P90D 7seat (no L), premium pakg, Auto pilot, and everything else (no tow).

VIN # low 300s

Was told in production more than 2 weeks ago but delayed due to sourcing issue...... BS.

Reserved 2013, configured 11/2015, confirmed 12/2015, was told Jan - early Feb delivery, now delivery on MyTesla say March 24-31, but told by DS won't be until mid April.

Have you been in contact with your DS? Do you know the hold up? Did you pick a 5 seat config?

Seems like some people knew the secret sauce and got their cars delivered within a MONTH of ordering vs some of us waiting years after reserving and months after configuring.

Not sure why the long delay. I've been calling my local Tesla DS and pushing hard to get our car after seeing higher VIN's being delivered. My wife's old car is done on the 31st of this month and we got pushed higher in the line by explaining that we would be without a car after that date.

I think we have the same config - but mine has no L. Curious if the other stragglers are the same..... and why - do they not want all black on black on black MXs on the road yet? Can't be a parts issue, right? Black rims are in the wild....

P90DL, black metallic, black rims, 6 seater, everything else except cold weather package. I agree. Black rims in the wild so doesn't make sense to me.

P90DL, midnight silver, 6 seat, black wheels, all options. VIN 26x assigned in December 2015 and still waiting...

Was told the vehicle would be delivered this week (3/28), then updated like others to "maybe in April".

DS claims the vehicle is still in "active production" since my worst fears were that all us low VIN buyers have half-built vehicles sitting around waiting for parts to be removed/replaced/reworked due to QC problems. They try to reinforce that VIN number has no relation to production order.

I'm really hoping the build month on the car's info plate shows 3/16 or 4/16 during eventual delivery since it will make sense. It just feels from posts that the recent deliveries with problems seem to be 1/16 builds.

P90DL, midnight silver, 6 seat, black wheels, all options. VIN 26x assigned in December 2015 and still waiting...

Interesting. Hopefully we get a problem free car and not a MacGyvered one.

I recognized that they are building them out of order, but I didn't put a $5,000 deposit 3 years ago to get my car last. A bit misleading...

Also, I got financing in December that expired, got it again in Feb cause I was told the car was coming in March, now I'm worried I'll have to have my credit re-run a 3rd time if the car comes late April bc the 30-60 expiration on the financing terms --- which will now impact my credit score.

What we all seem to have in common Black rims, and most options, metallic paint --- all of these things have been produced and are out in the wild. What else could it possibly be? 72amp charger vs 48amp?

Got a call yesterday that the car was ready after being told that it was pushed to first week of April. Also, it came through 2 hours after our initial pickup appointment time that they cancelled the day before! He really wanted me to pick it up yesterday and then today and no later than Thursday. Friday is the unveiling of model 3 and they are expecting a huge crowd. So I went and picked it up today. IT drives beautifully. Feels solid and yet handles well. This was the same feeling that I got when I sat in a modelS demo in 2012. It is in near perfect state and I hope it stays that way :). 2.5 years in making and it is beautiful.

Got a call yesterday that the car was ready after being told that it was pushed to first week of April. Also, it came through 2 hours after our initial pickup appointment time that they cancelled the day before! He really wanted me to pick it up yesterday and then today and no later than Thursday. Friday is the unveiling of model 3 and they are expecting a huge crowd. So I went and picked it up today. IT drives beautifully. Feels solid and yet handles well. This was the same feeling that I got when I sat in a modelS demo in 2012. It is in near perfect state and I hope it stays that way :). 2.5 years in making and it is beautiful.

Congrats, enjoy! Hope you thoroughly love it. But not sure how your post is relevant on this particular thread.

#144, reserved 2/2012, ordered 11/2016, confirmed 12/2016. Original Model S Signature owner.

P90DL, Pearl White, 22" Black Wheels, Black Leather, Carbon Fiber, Seven Seat, High Amp Charger, Autopilot, Premium, High Fidelity Sound, Subzero

Was promised a 3/30 delivery at Fremont @ 9am, schedule confirmed, then received a phone call at 10pm on the 29th saying it was a no-go. They said it was fully built and ready to go, just had to pass QC. Went to factory tour anyway, saw what looked like hundreds of people picking their X's up. Was promised that it'd be ready 3/31 instead.

Since then, radio silence. My DS has been bad at replying to emails the entire time, including right now. I often have to follow-up many times to get a reply. No idea when I'll get it.

Have seen plenty of black wheels in the wild, so that theory seems like a bust. No idea what the hold-up could be. 2500 X's already delivered. Getting harder to hold the fanboy line...