Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LPT for homelink: add an inactive link

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I frequently "missed" hitting the button to open the garage door when the car was in motion, instead opening up the settings for homelink. The other day I added a second homelink button for the other garage door, but never activated it. Nice side effect is that the settings button is now separated from the door button by some dead space. No more settings popping up.

I also often mis-hit and press the Homelink settings as I'm going over some bumpy area just when I press. Hopefully some future update will greatly enlarge the area to touch, and maybe push the settings under controls. It really doesn't need to be so easy to press.

Another idea, is when the homelink button appears automatically when the location senses it's near the garage, don't include the settings option at all.

Yep. Me too. I think I'd prefer some kind of medium-sized dialog box with a big button just pop up in the center of the touchscreen. Maybe even get crafty and make it look like the old clicker you'd clip to the visor.

Good suggestion! While Tesla has done fairly well, they still sometimes forget how small some of their touchscreen targets are when the car is in motion on an uneven surface!

How about having Homelink when activated (for say 5-10 seconds) default to the right scroll button on the steering wheel. Then none of us would "mis-tap" and then the scroll button would be back to regular after that.

How about having Homelink when activated (for say 5-10 seconds) default to the right scroll button on the steering wheel. Then none of us would "mis-tap" and then the scroll button would be back to regular after that.

If you have more than one garage door linked, the scroll could allow the driver to select the appropriate door and pressing could activate the opener. I like this idea, don't have to reach for the screen at all.

RNG