Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR 0-60 over 5 seconds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a demo 2021 Model Y LR. The car performance "feels" lacking in acceleration when compared to my previous 2019 Model 3 Standard Range Plus. Using a stopwatch and camera on a flat road with only me (185 lbs) I am getting over 5 second 0-60 from a stop. Also, the green light chime is present from the demo having FSD, but none of the other FSD features are there. The chimes seem excessively loud and the phone volume has to be 100% for me to hear who I am talking to. My Model 3 did not have any of the above issues. The car seems stuck in limbo from having features removed after purchase. I tried the scroll wheel reset and it has had several "deep" sleeps. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Turn on Joe Mode if the chimes are too loud.

What is your battery's state of charge (SOC)? The power is reduced at lower SOC. For full power you would want at least 70% SOC. Check you average Wh/mi over 15 miles or 30 miles. If it seems high, i.e. over 300Wh/mi then maybe one of the brake calipers is rubbing.

Turn on Joe Mode if the chimes are too loud.

What is your battery's state of charge (SOC)? The power is reduced at lower SOC. For full power you would want at least 70% SOC. Check you average Wh/mi over 15 miles or 30 miles. If it seems high, i.e. over 300Wh/mi then maybe one of the brake calipers is rubbing.
RIght I know about Joe Mode but it wasn't necessary on my Model 3 why would it be necessary now? The battery SOC was between 80% - 90%. I am going to take it to the track and see what it does "officially".

RIght I know about Joe Mode but it wasn't necessary on my Model 3 why would it be necessary now? The battery SOC was between 80% - 90%. I am going to take it to the track and see what it does "officially".
You stated the Model Y was new; have there been any over the air updates to the software? The Model Y ships from the factory with the default software version, not the latest release. (I use Joe Mode as I found the chimes in the Model Y to be too loud.)

Bought a demo 2021 Model Y LR. The car performance "feels" lacking in acceleration when compared to my previous 2019 Model 3 Standard Range Plus. Using a stopwatch and camera on a flat road with only me (185 lbs) I am getting over 5 second 0-60 from a stop. Also, the green light chime is present from the demo having FSD, but none of the other FSD features are there. The chimes seem excessively loud and the phone volume has to be 100% for me to hear who I am talking to. My Model 3 did not have any of the above issues. The car seems stuck in limbo from having features removed after purchase. I tried the scroll wheel reset and it has had several "deep" sleeps. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Can you borrow a DRAGY? Suggest visiting the STL tesla Owners FB page - St Louis Tesla Enthusiasts

Tom

Silly question but are you sure the car isn’t in chill? IMO draggy will be a little better for the 0-60 times unless your local track clocks that for you (mine locally doesn’t just gives quarter mile time and speed)

I had a MY that was service center locked in chill and it did the 0-60 at around 5.8 seconds. I didn’t test things beyond that.