Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD delivered w/ suboptimal quality: return or keep?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They absolutely should repaint your bumper cover and align the doors. You should not accept anything less. Talk to a supervisor and tell them these will continue to bother you especially on a vehicle this expensive. Let them know you will returning the vehicle if they won't fix it completely.

Reactions: NY_Rob
They absolutely should repaint your bumper cover and align the doors. You should not accept anything less. Talk to a supervisor and tell them these will continue to bother you especially on a vehicle this expensive. Let them know you will returning the vehicle if they won't fix it completely.
That's fair. This owner paid for a brand-new car, not one that arrives damaged. Yes, these defects are fixable, but that means that Tesla ought to fix them.

Reactions: NY_Rob
Update 4/10

Thanks all for the advice. I did threaten to return. Now they agreed to fix the bumper. Yeah ! I did let go the door alignment issue. It's not that obvious. If they do fix everything else, I will live with the slightly misaligned door. Tesla service said based on picture, it's within spec for the Y.

My service appointment will be on Monday apr 13 at noon. I took delivery Apr 8 at noon. I am not sure they will be done in 2 days, so I might not get to see the fixes before the 7 day window expires. Oh well.

Update 4/10

Thanks all for the advice. I did threaten to return. Now they agreed to fix the bumper. Yeah ! I did let go the door alignment issue. It's not that obvious. If they do fix everything else, I will live with the slightly misaligned door. Tesla service said based on picture, it's within spec for the Y.

My service appointment will be on Monday apr 13 at noon. I took delivery Apr 8 at noon. I am not sure they will be done in 2 days, so I might not get to see the fixes before the 7 day window expires. Oh well.
Good to hear. If the door alignment still bothers you, ask how much it would cost to have them align it and then offer to pay. There is a good chance the service advisor would wave this fee afterwards. It shouldn't take them more than 30 minutes to fix it.

Reactions: Electric Steve