Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD... it's back? (and cheaper?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't sleep. Jet Lag.

Trying to work out whether to wait for delivery of the LR AWD i've already ordered (1st May order, Cash, no VIN) - or move to a P- using LeasePlan - which is looking more tempting since the announcement about BIK for the next 3 years.

And the Tesla UK store page has the LR AWD model back - with a new price, and the P- model has gone... and it also looks like the SR+ is cheaper.

SR+ £36,490 (was this £38,000?)
LR AWD £45,490 (down from £47,050)
Performance £49,140

So even with the FSD price increase - the model I've ordered is £660 cheaper.

Looks like they've taken the decison about P- out of my hands. Have I missed something?

Attachments

• Tesla Prices 16-07-2019.png
    Tesla Prices 16-07-2019.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Can't sleep. Jet Lag.

Trying to work out whether to wait for delivery of the LR AWD i've already ordered (1st May order, Cash, no VIN) - or move to a P- using LeasePlan - which is looking more tempting since the announcement about BIK for the next 3 years.

And the Tesla UK store page has the LR AWD model back - with a new price, and the P- model has gone... and it also looks like the SR+ is cheaper.

SR+ £36,490 (was this £38,000?)
LR AWD £45,490 (down from £47,050)
Performance £49,140

So even with the FSD price increase - the model I've ordered is £660 cheaper.

Looks like they've taken the decison about P- out of my hands. Have I missed something?
Nope. It was inevitable that the LR AWD was re-introduced. Removing it was only to manage demand with supply.

Reactions: Rooster6655
So what does that do to the price for those of us still waiting on AWD?

I know when Performance + PUP was reduced in price, people got a refund of the difference. Not sure if it was automatic, or you had to ask. Possibly some benefit for those of us waiting, if this happens.

Rumour has it, that LR AWD in States may get a paid for performance software update some point in future. So P- may still be on the cards for those that don't want 20" wheels. Conundrum for those with P- on order though. New pricing is effectively a free upgrade to PUP. I guess us LR AWD holders were in same boat when P- came along, upgrade to P- or stick.

Looking at those new costs it may suddenly appeal to a lot more people!

SR+ - No VED tax now
Performance price now includes the Performance trims (Wheels etc) and not an addition. All for less than £50k after savings!
LR RWD Back (Although no wheel option given)

And Pearl White is free! Black is £750 extra

PCP prices look kind of normal again? i was looking at PCP - went with Lease as it did work out better, now PCP is better by £20 a month!

OK so as someone who wanted the LR AWD in the first place but ended up ordering a P- as it disappeared, I now have a dilemma.

Option 1 - stick to my P. Cost £48,590. This is now only £550 cheaper than the new price of the P+ at £49,140 which puts paid to the argument that the P- would have great residual value vs other models. But I’m not interested in the 20 inch wheels and reduced range / comfort that this change would entail.

Option 2 - change order to the newly priced LR AWD at £45,490 which would save me £3,100. I am interested in the slightly better range at 348 miles vs 329 and I am interested in the £3,100 saving vs getting to 60mph in 4.4 seconds vs 3.2. Also lower insurance sorts. And I may add a tow hitch for my bike rack.

In all cases I’d add £1,900 to the price for red paint so that’s neutral across the options.

I haven’t been allocated a VIN yet so assume I can contact Tesla and change this, with the possible risk factor of a longer wait? What’s the best method to do so - phone, email?

Running the numbers on my current spec and it would be £90 more with the new pricing, but that's due to black paint now being £750 instead of free and the £900 uplift in FSD pricing. Only way to get a lower price would be to change spec (and lose place in queue).

Before the government grant the base price of the LR AWD was £50,550 now down to £48,990 (-£1,560). Plus £750 for black paint, plus £900 FSD price hike

• Informative
Reactions: Baldrick
Damn! I'm gonna have to think about this! Do I reconfigure to get white (easier to keep clean) and get the tax saving or do I reconfigure for the LR which is the car I wanted in the first place! Nrrrrrrrrrrr
Ok, so it's still in Luxury car tax because delivery. So I'm either going to hold onto SR+ Black or change to LR and get the premium interior. It's a lot more £££ still though.