Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Non-Performance Steering and Driving Dynamics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like a write up on the non-performance LR AWD steering and driving feel. I have one on order with 19" wheels and am coming from only having owned BMWs. The only Tesla I have driven was a M3 Performance and I loved the feel of it. I chose the non performance version of the Y because I have had too many flats with low profile tires, especially driving on freeways in the SF Bay area, not to mention the price difference.

There are plenty of YouTube videos and reports covering the Performance version because more of those have been delivered and the types of people that make these videos are probably the same types that would opt for a Performance version anyway.

If anyone comes has one and is used to driving European sports sedans I would love to hear your opinion.

BMW and Porsche coupe owner. If you are looking for a one-to-one switch, you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a very efficient vehicle with good comfort and reasonably good road feel, you'll be fine. It doesn't drive like a 5,000 lbs vehicle, and the roof is absolutely amazing. Even in LR form the acceleration will be plenty for you. You will most likely find the interior lacking, but only if you are expecting leather and an above-average hand to everything. It's spartan and basic, not lavish. Think utility, not posh.
We're completely happy with our Y, but we came to it with eyes open, not expecting it to be something it's not. It is an utterly effortless vehicle to drive and own, just exactly what we need and want. At the price point, it's perfect.
Good luck!