Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD now rated by Tesla at 322 miles of range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's numbers have almost never been accurate. Some are better, some are worse.

This chart shows actual EPA numbers by trim level:

Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com

P- has the same range as AWD with 18" aero rims, 308 miles range. Reason for this is pretty simple, same rims, same tires, same exact power output during the test since it's run by a script and it doesn't involve doing WOT runs.

If the new software actually increases range, then the chart above will have to be updated, but this should give you an idea where it is by comparison.

For the record, when Tesla last "increased" range on the LR RWD, they didn't actually increase the range. All that happened was updating the estimated range from 310 to 325, which is still less than the EPA actual rating for the car at 331 miles.

0-60 for the AWD is still at 4.4 seconds. I thought there was also supposed to be a %5 increase in power? (That would be 4.18 seconds, no?)

BTW, I still haven't gotten my 5% increase update for my AWD. Did they actually start rolling it out yet?

Reactions: Maaz
I would assume this is correlated to the upcoming one-pedal driving improvements that they said would improve range in the Q3 earnings call. But the fact that the P3D is unchanged from the 310, it's peculiar as even the LR AWD definitely doesn't get the full 310 right now.

Reactions: JBT66
I wouldn't get too excited about this "increased" range. Tesla's estimated range meter is nebulous at best. I got a bump from 310 to 325 last spring which seems to have been removed at some point based on where my "rated" line is now in the energy app. Having said that, the energy app does a decent job of figuring out range based on real-time driving conditions.

I have a 2019 LR AWD Model 3 and I just charged back up to my 81% daily driving limit and at 81% my car is reading 250 miles of range. Previously this used to be 243 miles of range. So, that's about a 3% upgrade for me. I'll take it even though not the 5% upgrade that's been discussed recently. Oh, and it appears this increased was pushed without the normal software push to the car...as far I as I can tell.

0-60 for the AWD is still at 4.4 seconds. I thought there was also supposed to be a %5 increase in power? (That would be 4.18 seconds, no?)

BTW, I still haven't gotten my 5% increase update for my AWD. Did they actually start rolling it out yet?

I'm not going to answer your question, but I will ask you a question. Do you think a 100% increase in power would mean a 0.0s 0-60 as well?

I wouldn't get too excited about this "increased" range. Tesla's estimated range meter is nebulous at best. I got a bump from 310 to 325 last spring which seems to have been removed at some point based on where my "rated" line is now in the energy app. Having said that, the energy app does a decent job of figuring out range based on real-time driving conditions.

That's because the bump didn't give you anything besides software change that estimates the range further. You didn't actually gain more range.

The LR RWD was rated at 310, same as AWD, but EPA ratings for it is actually 331 miles. So they simply updated the estimated range.

What we're seeing now is different, it's actually claiming more range than EPA states for AWD. So I expect this bump up to have real range increase.