Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this yesterday before this thread started-

Hello I am new here. I will be picking up a blue Stealth this evening at the Schaumburg, Illinois Tesla store. I went for a test drive last Friday in a M3 LR AWD. The sales rep (Service advisor?) said they had a few of the Stealths available so I thought it over and put the deposit down on Saturday. The SA did tell me that they have people flying in from out of state (the store is close to O'hare Airport) and picking up the Stealth trim because they're hard/impossible to get from where ever they're coming from. I feel luck because I appear to have just stumbled into to.

I did pick it up last evening and wow, as others have said I have not been so excited about a car maybe ever. Now just need the update to Version 10, wifi to garage is weak but that can be fixed. Also track mode is there and is the badging- the underlined Duel Motor for those still wondering.

I'm coming from a 2010 Prius so the Delta in acceleration is astronomical to me!

I hope everyone has as smooth a time as me getting this fantastic machine.

I posted this yesterday before this thread started-

Hello I am new here. I will be picking up a blue Stealth this evening at the Schaumburg, Illinois Tesla store. I went for a test drive last Friday in a M3 LR AWD. The sales rep (Service advisor?) said they had a few of the Stealths available so I thought it over and put the deposit down on Saturday. The SA did tell me that they have people flying in from out of state (the store is close to O'hare Airport) and picking up the Stealth trim because they're hard/impossible to get from where ever they're coming from. I feel luck because I appear to have just stumbled into to.

I did pick it up last evening and wow, as others have said I have not been so excited about a car maybe ever. Now just need the update to Version 10, wifi to garage is weak but that can be fixed. Also track mode is there and is the badging- the underlined Duel Motor for those still wondering.

I'm coming from a 2010 Prius so the Delta in acceleration is astronomical to me!

I hope everyone has as smooth a time as me getting this fantastic machine.

Obligatory delivery pickup pic?!?! :)

Just found my VIN in the source code!!! :)

Ordered: 11/7, modified 11/20 to Stealth
VIN: 5YJ3E1EC7LF*****
Delivery Center: Costa Mesa, hopefully will be changed to Rancho Cucamonga in the future

Last edited:
Yes, it’s a bit of mystery right now on what pre-production really means for these stealths. It would be awesome to hear when people start getting delivery appointments.

Yep I'd love to know what pre-production means. I'm guessing it's "you've got a VIN - i.e. your car will be built but when it's going to be built is only known to us". i.e. just because it's in pre-production doesn't mean we will get it soon.

Please somebody tell me I'm talking rubbish and we are all going to them next week :)

Has anyone been able to access their Mvpa? Mine just shows “error loading page” when I try to open it. My purchase agreement link is also not updated to the sleeper and still shows my previous order.

Mine is the same. I have the

"Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery"

But the MVPA will not open. I'm wondering if it's because I don't have an official VIN. Only in source-code. Thankfully I don't need to pay as in California so will bring Checks at pickup

This may be a dumb question.. Can we pay the balance through personal check? I thought I read somewhere that they changed this?
You can click on "make a payment" and you will see the payment options there.

Has anyone been able to access their Mvpa? Mine just shows “error loading page” when I try to open it. My purchase agreement link is also not updated to the sleeper and still shows my previous order.
Same here. Looking at other forum posts, the MVPA becomes available a few days before delivery.

Yep I'd love to know what pre-production means. I'm guessing it's "you've got a VIN - i.e. your car will be built but when it's going to be built is only known to us". i.e. just because it's in pre-production doesn't mean we will get it soon.
To go with the tradition of the "My SA Said". Mine said that car was being painted and that I should expect about 2 weeks before delivery.....
Disclaimer:
[The author] assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this comment. The information contained in this comment is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness…

Per my SA, it needs to be done through the order operations team.

I called a location in Arizona and that SA apparently knew the trick. He was able to allocate one to me to be delivered up here in Utah. I am so freakin excited. I had a P3D+ on order but all I really wanted was the acceleration and it kinda sucked to have to pay for 20" wheels that I would immediately have to swap out (potholes/winter) and brakes/spoiler/pedals/top speed that I don't want/need.

Reactions: OverEZPZ
I called a location in Arizona and that SA apparently knew the trick. He was able to allocate one to me to be delivered up here in Utah. I am so freakin excited. I had a P3D+ on order but all I really wanted was the acceleration and it kinda sucked to have to pay for 20" wheels that I would immediately have to swap out (potholes/winter) and brakes/spoiler/pedals/top speed that I don't want/need.
Hey, Diesel Dave, I'm also waiting in Utah. I placed an order for a LR AWD on 11/2. Who would I call to find out if there are upgrade options for me? Thanks for any help :)

I just joined the stealth club!

Original Order: 10/17 LR AWD MSM with black interior, aero wheels, and scheduled delivery in Palm Springs.
Now: same exact configuration but with the performance variant. (Did not have to cancel my original order and did not lose any money)

Altogether the cost difference is $2,170. not too shabby.

Was told that the delivery timeline between this car and my original order is the exact same; Mid-December. He said this with extreme confidence. Even though my account page shows 8-10 weeks ETA now, he assured me that it will be mid-December. Source code immediately reflected the VIN so this is a done deal! Stoked!

**i called George Rodriguez at the store in Pasadena (he is the man!). He told me they have quite a few available so if you are looking, get them while you can!

Hey, Diesel Dave, I'm also waiting in Utah. I placed an order for a LR AWD on 11/2. Who would I call to find out if there are upgrade options for me? Thanks for any help :)

My SA in SLC was unable to figure it out so I called the location in Scottsdale and they immediately knew what was up due to the influx of calls from people pointed their way over on Reddit. Call the Scottsdale location at 4809463735. I didn't catch the SA's name but he had me hooked up with a white P3D- in about 2 minutes. He said he will contact the SLC store and tell them how to do this also so you might be able to get ahold of your normal SA and see if they know how to do it now.