Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Asked SA for an update with my order that was placed 11/26. My order (has VIN in source) is still pre-production. No way to see where it is in the queue apparently :-/. Worried that it won't make it to MN in time.
I'm in the same boat.
When I switched to the stealth I was originally told mid-December as the estimated time.
Jealous of all these Californians picking up a stealth while we continue to sit waiting :(

I'm in the same boat.
When I switched to the stealth I was originally told mid-December as the estimated time.
Jealous of all these Californians picking up a stealth while we continue to sit waiting :(

I don't think many Californians would have cars at this point if Tesla hadn't spit out a bunch of stealths. But people are getting them elsewhere too - it just takes time to delivery far far way.

We are the center of the universe.:p

I don't think many Californians would have cars at this point if Tesla hadn't spit out a bunch of stealths. But people are getting them elsewhere too - it just takes time to delivery far far way.

We are the center of the universe.:p

I live in Utah and I got mine so you're correct, other states are getting them and the farther away the longer it obviously takes. I think additional delay is occuring for those cars that are transported by train. Mine came on a semi truck straight from the factory so I think that speed things up a bit.

Congrats... What color?

BTW if you've only ever driven the SR the AWDLR feels fast... But the P is another beast

I got the red. I was blown away by the red when I was looking at it in the showroom, and it's not even my normal color...couldn't resist. I haven't tried the P yet tbh, I basically decided after thinking and researching that the LR was better than the SR+ long term. I just asked when I changed my order if they happened to have a stealth somewhere in SoCal...and they did, even after the SA told me last time they had a batch, it was sold out in an hour! I feel so lucky.

I got the red. I was blown away by the red when I was looking at it in the showroom, and it's not even my normal color...couldn't resist. I haven't tried the P yet tbh, I basically decided after thinking and researching that the LR was better than the SR+ long term. I just asked when I changed my order if they happened to have a stealth somewhere in SoCal...and they did, even after the SA told me last time they had a batch, it was sold out in an hour! I feel so lucky.

Now I'll ask the question we have all asked a ton of times .... What makes a stealth (P3D-) different from a LR AWD? It can't be just software - there must be some physical differences. Now, I have a stealth, but I have no idea of why it's a stealth!

If I have a VIN in the MVPA and the page source (but no VIN via email and no VIN on the main page) does that mean anything as far as how close delivery is? I switched to a "pre-production" stealth order about a week ago. I didn't check for the VIN until now.

If I have a VIN in the MVPA and the page source (but no VIN via email and no VIN on the main page) does that mean anything as far as how close delivery is? I switched to a "pre-production" stealth order about a week ago. I didn't check for the VIN until now.

good question - i am in the same situation. at the time i asked my SA to switch i didn't really understand that i was switching from a car that hadn't been build (LR AWD)... to another car that hadn't been built. on dec 5th he said i could take delivery sometime around december 10 so that gave me the impression the car was almost ready, but then i came to understand the car was 'pre-production'.

FWIW the VIN was in the source immediately once my order status page reflected the change.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. Burrito
I swung by my local Tesla store Friday, and an SA showed me 5, on the ground, available Stealths that I could buy and have in my garage in a day or two. Even sent me the links. On Friday night, I watched them get picked off, one by one, until the last one was gone last night. I didnt' pulll the trigger because I haven't sold my car, and I"m teased by the fact that if I wait until the Y and Mach E are out, there is going to be a strong pool of used stealths and P+'s within a year. Waiting has never been my strong suit, though, and I may cave at any minute. Ugh.

Reactions: manddarran
Formally scheduled delivery next Sunday (12/15) at 11 AM at Buena Park! Hopefully like many people it'll actually be earlier, but next week is definitely OK with me. Can't wait to floor the thing :)

If you don't mind me asking - when did you get your VIN? I changed to P3D- last Tuesday for pre-production stealth and continue to lurk the forums. I'm also picking up in Buena Park.

If you don't mind me asking - when did you get your VIN? I changed to P3D- last Tuesday for pre-production stealth and continue to lurk the forums. I'm also picking up in Buena Park.

I got it pretty much the moment I was matched with the P3D- in Marina Del Rey. Like 5 minutes after I got off the phone. But only in source and on the lending agreement—it's not on my account page visibly yet. And when I tried punching it in for a quote on State Farm (my existing insurance provider), it says it can't be found. Must be really bleeding edge.

Last edited: