Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from my SA. Upgrade to model 3 stealth. Delivery will be ‘sooner’ than waiting for current LR AWD.

Original order:10/19
LR AWD
NO FSD
No vin
Upgrade to stealth pre production 11/21
Vin in source: 11/21
Delivery: tbd

You are lucky that your SA was proactive like that. Mine knew I wanted one and I still had to finally reach out to one in another state to actually find me one of these.

Not mistaken, as it has been the situation with several of these orders, including mine. The showroom manager emailed/texted/called the delivery team at Tesla Corporate. He said he couldn't assign a VIN for a car that hasn't already been produced.

This seems to vary by order, so perhaps it's unique to individual orders. Whatever the situation, the store manager is giving me a $100 "showroom accommodation" for the "lost" $100.

But even that is unnecessary in California and in several other states. In spite of what the website says, the $100 IS refundable due to state laws. It's illegal here (and elsewhere) to take a deposit on a car and then not deliver it. There are posts here that confirm receiving the $100 credit after cancelling orders.

You could be correct but I kinda feel like they were just blowing smoke about "calling corporate". I suspect its an issue of them just not knowing how to do it because my SA couldn't figure it out either. He kept looking in the normal system or whatever for a car that has already been produced and he had no idea what I was talking about when I said he needed to match me with a car that is in pre-production and not one that was already in inventory. The SA in AZ knew exactly what to do though. My hunch is that all SAs have the ability to do this but simply don't know how to or can't be bothered to do. The SA in AZ said the store in UT absolutely could have done it if they knew the process so he said he would send them the necessary instructions.

Just got a call from my SA. Upgrade to model 3 stealth. Delivery will be ‘sooner’ than waiting for current LR AWD.

LR AWD
NO FSD
No vin
me three! although I was waiting on a M3P..just spoke to SA in Palo alto and there were a couple of options available
stuck with pearl/black 18" & FSD
& vin minutes later!!!:p

Last edited:

LR AWD
NO FSD
No vin
Spoke to my SA. He is clearing it with his manager and making sure that it will arrive earlier. Waiting for answer. Tick, tick, tick! Insane!

Jackpot today!
Original LR AWD Black w/ White interior , 18" wheels, FSD ordered 11/12/19 from Rocklin, CA.
About a week ago, I requested a search for a Stealth with flexibility on the configuration they could find.
Yesterday, I started seeing posts here about new Stealth orders being filled so I contacted my SA and asked them to look. Today, he called me and said there was a "list" of new availability (Stealths to be produced). He found a Black for me but no white interior. Fine! So, basically I got the same configuration but with the black interior. He said build would be in December and I should have the car before year end. He then texted me "You are going to have a super fun and fast car!" :)

No VIN yet

Jackpot today!
Original LR AWD Black w/ White interior , 18" wheels, FSD ordered 11/12/19 from Rocklin, CA.
About a week ago, I requested a search for a Stealth with flexibility on the configuration they could find.
Yesterday, I started seeing posts here about new Stealth orders being filled so I contacted my SA and asked them to look. Today, he called me and said there was a "list" of new availability (Stealths to be produced). He found a Black for me but no white interior. Fine! So, basically I got the same configuration but with the black interior. He said build would be in December and I should have the car before year end. He then texted me "You are going to have a super fun and fast car!" :)

No VIN yet

Congrats!!

Reactions: 4score1957

LR AWD
NO FSD
No vin

Same here, spoke to my SA today
Ordered 10/10, LR AWD, NO FSD, No VIN
Upgrade to sleeper pre production 11/21
Still No Vin :)

I just received the orientation email today (I switched my order to stealth Yesterday).
In the email they say that the car should arrive in the last 2 weeks of December -_-
At delivery it will be a "Sign & Drive" event, so they want us out ASAP to get all the cars gone by the end of the year I guess.

Thanks.

People seem to be geeing allocated "pre-production" cars. What is "pre-production"? I get varying answers as to whether that will be a quick delivery vs. a delayed one.
According to my SA pre-production means they are planned, have VINs, and are preparing to be built very soon (a couple days to a week or so).

Just swapped my P3D+ order for a P3D- and got a VIN in my source code within an hour. But I had to go to product-finalize?rn=RNxxxxxxxxxx

Not sure what pre-production means, but my SA said that once a VIN has been assigned, things move "pretty quickly".

What I'd like to know is when do "normal" orders receive their VINs? At that point, are they also pre-production?

And is it safe to assume that once the MVPA becomes available and the VIN shows on the account management page, that the car is either in the production line or will be very soon after?

Rhetorical questions at this point. Only the Tesla gods know for sure, and they ain't sayin'.

anyone able to get one with white interior from this batch yet?
I called a distant SA and he was very nice to look up what was available for me. I also ordered white interior, and he told me that the only vehicles listed were all black interiors. Perhaps there were a few earlier and they were allocated? Perhaps they become available at different times? I decided to wait for the interior I wanted.

Not sure what pre-production means, but my SA said that once a VIN has been assigned, things move "pretty quickly".

What I'd like to know is when do "normal" orders receive their VINs? At that point, are they also pre-production?

And is it safe to assume that once the MVPA becomes available and the VIN shows on the account management page, that the car is either in the production line or will be very soon after?

Rhetorical questions at this point. Only the Tesla gods know for sure, and they ain't sayin'.
I just got an explanation from my SA literally a minute ago. If it's in pre-production, it isn't built yet. There are some built or about to be built, but not many left.

If I wanted to get a pre-production with my preferred color, etc. - it would have to be one that is not yet scheduled to be built yet. There may be a VIN number for it, I didn't ask. Those would be in the 3rd+ week in December - which a lot of people here have been quoting.

BUT, since I have a 10/11 order date, I may get my original order of a LR AWD faster than if I changed my order now. So I can have a stealth, but I would have to wait as long for it as someone ordering today.

I again chose to wait for my original car. At least I have a basic understanding of what is going on. My SA is going to ask his Mgr about whether he (the mgr) can find any way to find a stealth in my choices that has been or is about to be built. He will call me later. I don't have much hope about it, but it's worth a try.

I get the impression that managers have a lot more that they can see and do than SA's. No one said anything, but that's what I am feeling at this point. It would make sense too. All I know is that if I have to go beyond the 2nd week in December, I am very bogged down with commitments and can't pick up at all too late in December at all.

This is pins and needles. 2nd vs. 3rd (or 4th+ week of December) for me may determine if I can get a car at all.

I do wonder if it's my spec of 18" wheels that is screwing things up. I wanted to keep the ride as decent as possible for my wife. I'm not sure if the 19" wheels may be pushing it.