Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very curious about this as I’m back and forth on switching my P3D+ to a stealth. If it is physically different from awd and uses the performance motors then that makes me feel better somehow.

I was in the same boat with a LR AWD reservation then a change to a P3D+ reservation then I thought that I should go back to the LR AWD and save the money since I only wanted the acceleration with the hope that a performance unlock would be made available post purchase for a few thousand bucks. Knowing that the P3D- has the same VIN as the P3D- really reaffirmed my decision to go with the P3D- since it seems even more unlikely that the LR AWD will get a software performance upgrade option in the future as it seems to have lower performance motors potentially.

Did anyone tried getting quote from Tesla insurance to compare rates under "next steps" after completing payment section? I could not do it since I dont see the VIN updated in my page yet. Had to call Fremont deliver center to email me the VIN.

Also got approved through Tesla Loan through Chase yesterday at 3.14% / 48 months.

Did anyone tried getting quote from Tesla insurance to compare rates under "next steps" after completing payment section? I could not do it since I dont see the VIN updated in my page yet. Had to call Fremont deliver center to email me the VIN.

Also got approved through Tesla Loan through Chase yesterday at 3.14% / 48 months.

I am going to accept the trade in offer for my i3 and apply for the "Tesla" financing tomorrow. I am interested to see what the insurance rates look like too. I wonder what the deal is with some of us not having VINs on our order page or in the source code while many other people do. I had to chat with someone on the Tesla order page to get my VIN number. Hopefully its nothing to be concerned about.

I don't get it. I was told my 2 people that my 10/11 order of a LR AWD would be faster than a stealth version - if changed now.

If stealth is in pre-production, what is the issue? LR AWD is not in pre-production. I guess I need to call them again.

Has anyone been told that their stealth versions will arrive before the 3rd week in December? There's something odd to all of this, and perhaps I am being fed a pile of crap? Thanks.

Very curious about this as I’m back and forth on switching my P3D+ to a stealth. If it is physically different from awd and uses the performance motors then that makes me feel better somehow.

For what it is worth, my SA in Pasadena confirmed with me that the motor AND computer in the stealth are entirely different than that LR AWD. According to him it is the exact same CPU/motor as the full performance model.

Reactions: DKM3D
That's reassuring for me since I have no VIN in the source code yet either but I do have a VIN that they told me via chat. Someone from Nevada called and said that I won't see that page update with the MVPA until I select which financing option I plan to use so I guess I need to get on that.

Even after completing the financing I don't have an MVPA

I'm stuck at "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

Talked to someone through live chat just now. They said the delivery or sales advisors can provide the MVPA directly. I asked what pre-production means and they said “generally what pre-production means is that it’s being made at the moment and should be completed and shipped soon.” They also said that my car is still showing as pre-production, but my SA might have more info.

I’m taking all that with a grain of salt, but still a little bit exciting to hear. Hope we all get our cars soon!

Reactions: M3FNATIK