Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With no previous order, I visited a showroom. They said that they couldn’t directly order a Stealth for me because it was in “pre-production”. So they had me order the LR AWD on the website right then and there on my phone. After that, they used my reservation number to look up my order. From that, they were able to assign the stealth to my account.

thank you sir

In south Bay Area, CA. Advisor contacted me about switching from LR AWD to the pre-production stealth this morning, and I did it. He said delivery would be early December and faster than my original order since I now have a VIN, but my original order was still VIN-less. Here's to hoping we all get the stealths soon!

I originally ordered on 10/12 before the LR AWD $500 price increase. So I was expecting to pay $500 extra for switching to the stealth, but the base price is the pre-500 increase price. That is, my stealth is only $1500 more than the same config LR AWD if you start a new order today. I thought I had seen people on here saying the switch caused them to have to pay the $500 extra?

In south Bay Area, CA. Advisor contacted me about switching from LR AWD to the pre-production stealth this morning, and I did it. He said delivery would be early December and faster than my original order since I now have a VIN, but my original order was still VIN-less. Here's to hoping we all get the stealths soon!

I originally ordered on 10/12 before the LR AWD $500 price increase. So I was expecting to pay $500 extra for switching to the stealth, but the base price is the pre-500 increase price. That is, my stealth is only $1500 more than the same config LR AWD if you start a new order today. I thought I had seen people on here saying the switch caused them to have to pay the $500 extra?
That's awesome, lucky you! I'm pretty sure I paid the extra $500.

Just went to an orientation. SA said I’m 1 of 2 people with a vin in the northern Nevada / rocklin area because I switched to a stealth.

That’s about the most information I could get out of her lol. They have no idea when these will come in

Can I pay for the car with a personal check?

I'm sure it has been done before... My dad bought his corvette at a chevy dealer and paid cash, literally wrote a personal check for 60k.

Cashier's checks are better, especially when going to a traditional dealer...

friend bought a car at a traditional dealership (acura), wanted to pay cash, worked all the numbers with the finance guy and was like, nah, i'm good i've got my own financing, what's the exact amount.... put down some negligible amount (like $100 for them to hold the exact vehicle); as promised he returned the next day with a cashier's check for the exact amount... Dealer tried to upsell him and tacked on some additional fees or crap... he said nope, this is what i'm spending, either you eat your new 'fees', or I'm walking...

(they ate the 'fee')

Reactions: onshi
Changed my order this morning. Yesterday I ordered a stealth performance with 18" aeros but last night I changed my mind. I wanted the 19" sport wheels. I feared this would complicate my order but the folks at the showroom made the experience entirely stress free. They first checked inventory and luckily were able to find my preferred configuration with 19" wheels. Then they assigned me a VIN and that was it! Easy peasy. Immediately after I received an email from Tesla confirming the model 3 update, and my account page now shows the updated configuration.

Original order 11/22: Pearl white w/ black interior base performance with 18" aero wheels.
Updated order 11/23: Pearl white w/ black interior base performance with 19" sport wheels.
VIN: I was assigned a VIN in store but I don't see it in my page source. I am still waiting on a trade-in offer. I plan to pay in cash.

I think it's karma for foisting Curling on us.

:D

Seriously, I don't understand why you can't get Stealths. It makes no sense.

LOL. That and Justin Bieber - sorry :)

But yeah, makes no sense that we can't get Stealths at this time. Apparently there was a batch as recently as July. Still holding out hope that they'll offer the Stealth here within the next couple weeks - and before my LR AWD is ready.

Originally ordered SR+ on 10/14
Changed to a ‘pre-production’ white stealth with 18s on 11/23 in the Seattle area.
Vin appeared in source code (
5YJ3E1EC3LF602xxx). No idea on delivery dates yet - SA didn’t seem to know either

Just curious what your last 4 are to see how close many of our cars are in the queue. Mine is 2634, someone else is 2635, and another is 2626.