Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a link to an MVPA, but it doesn't load properly. My delivery agent called for something else and when I asked him, he confirmed that the servers were down. He said he'd just email me it.

I took delivery a couple of days ago. On my new account management page, the MVPA link still brings me to a blank page. I already had a copy emailed to me, so no matter. I think the only way to get it is via email.

Dang - That's so exciting! We have a couple more days with sun before another downpour in LA. Did you try autopilot?

It's one of the best features... ever! Driving about 35 miles yesterday, we got caught in heavy Thanksgiving traffic. Lots of stop/go, so it was a perfect situation to take full advantage of ACC and auto steer. It made the drive soooo much easier, comfortable and fun! Hard to believe that traffic jams are suddenly way more tolerable.

Tip on ACC for new owners: The ACC is very precise and will try and keep the set distance between the car up ahead. Be aware that when cars are entering the freeway, many assume they have total right of way. Some on ramps have a very steep angle when merging, and the ACC might not pick up the merging car right away. If you get one of those aggressive drivers who HAVE squeeze in front of you (no matter what), be prepared to brake.

Also - if the traffic is bumper to bumper with occasional bursts of "freedom", you may notice a "herky-jerky" as the car stops and goes. If you prefer it to be smoother (more like how you would manually drive), switch brake regeneration to the lowest setting. When I did it, it was silky smooth.

One feature I never thought would be so welcome and useful: the auto windshield wiper. Driving home, I went from dry to light rain to sudden cloudburst and dealing with spray from vehicles up ahead. The auto wipers totally nailed it! That was one less thing I had to pay attention to.

• Informative
Reactions: house9 and alloverx
I don't know if this is total BS, but I just spoke to my SA - and been told that I am "noted on my account" to be switched to a stealth if/when available. He now claims that he has no idea of when cars will be available, when VINs will be assigned, nothing.

I don't think it's that black and white. I get the impression that my SA is partially in the dark, but knows more than they are telling us.

Not much I can do. SA knows about my limitations after December 15th, but I suspect that is when deliveries will be made around here. All I can think of doing is wait, and if they come later in December - ask for a home delivery (not sure if they will do it) - and take my chances.

One thing that I was told that didn't make sense is that there is no inventory in the area right now. At this point I give up and will wait for luck or not to get me a car. Trying to fight for it is getting me nowhere. I'm fresh out of ideas right now.

New I don't know if this is total BS, but I just spoke to my SA - and been told that I am "noted on my account" to be switched to a stealth if/when available. He now claims that he has no

I was told that too. I still had to call to get switched to a stealth. If you have a SA that doesn't care, like mine, they will never match you with one unless you call them when there are some that are available.

I was told that too. I still had to call to get switched to a stealth. If you have a SA that doesn't care, like mine, they will never match you with one unless you call them when there are some that are available.

I get the impression that my SA has done it, but he doesn't have a VIN for one. I don't really know for sure. That's the problem dealing with these people - they tell you one thing and do (or don't do) another.

I did just e-mail a contact I have of a showroom/DC manager. While he is probably overwhelmed and will just refer me again back to my SA, I thought it worth a try. It's not just the stealth at this point. I'll take the LR AWD that I originally ordered also. Whatever comes first.

It's just going to be a real problem after December 15th for me - and I have lots of things that will make it next to impossible to hit one of Tesla's two day windows for delivery. I'll risk a home delivery - but I suspect that they will not want to deliver a car this crazy season and about 30 miles from the nearest DC.

I get the impression that my SA has done it, but he doesn't have a VIN for one. I don't really know for sure. That's the problem dealing with these people - they tell you one thing and do (or don't do) another.

I did just e-mail a contact I have of a showroom/DC manager. While he is probably overwhelmed and will just refer me again back to my SA, I thought it worth a try. It's not just the stealth at this point. I'll take the LR AWD that I originally ordered also. Whatever comes first.

It's just going to be a real problem after December 15th for me - and I have lots of things that will make it next to impossible to hit one of Tesla's two day windows for delivery. I'll risk a home delivery - but I suspect that they will not want to deliver a car this crazy season and about 30 miles from the nearest DC.

Yeah that 2 day delivery window is going to be a major pain for a lot of people, especially closer to Christmas. On one side I understand why Tesla doesn't want to keep inventory, but on the other side, it's kind of mean to expect people to be able to show-up within a 2-day window on such short notice after months of wait.

Yeah that 2 day delivery window is going to be a major pain for a lot of people, especially closer to Christmas. On one side I understand why Tesla doesn't want to keep inventory, but on the other side, it's kind of mean to expect people to be able to show-up within a 2-day window on such short notice after months of wait.

I Know. I've seen posts by people who get a text late in the afternoon and are told they have to pick a date/time by the end of the day. The date/time is usually within 2-3 days. It will only get worse as December comes and things get crazier.

I have a $2500 deposit on the car since I ordered on 10/11 - before the switch to $100 deposit. I could tell them to make the $2500 deposit non-refundable if they'd give me 2 more days - but Tesla won't do it. I tried when I missed delivery in early October. Nope!

I think that there are so many cars coming this December that there will be no way for Tesla to hold them at all beyond a point. If I miss this delivery, it will be March delivery for a re-order (again) for sure. Given I have no car, an EV may be out of the question for me if I miss this deadline.

Who would have expected when I ordered on Oct 11 that it wouldn't be 2-3 weeks and very likely late December with no room for being busy!

Living in the Bay area has it's disadvantages when it comes to getting a Tesla.

I'm going to give the car a good look over on the light tomorrow. They told me I have 100 miles for any paint or general fitment corrections. They did note the scratches but I only noticed the steering on the way home. Pretty sure they will fix it. When, however, is another question

Did they note these fixes on a "due bill"? I'm trying to prepare a polite response in the event they refuse to note any fixes on a "due bill". Because I don't have faith in Tesla to fix these problems unless I have something in writing. I just hope I don't have a combative delivery adviser.

After placing my initial order a little over 8 weeks ago, I took delivery of a flawless stealth Model 3! Delivery couldn’t have gone any smoother.

I arrived at the Fremont hub about an hour early and was surprised to find the place was practically empty. It was the complete opposite of what I experienced on 9/30/19, when the parking lot and waiting area were packed beyond capacity. I checked in with the front desk, helped myself to a free cup of coffee, and walked outside to find a service guy parking my car. It was perfect timing. I spent the next five minutes thoroughly inspecting the exterior of the car and started to head back inside when my DA came out to greet me. DA was a very nice lad who had just started working there a few days ago. He wasn’t that knowledgeable but made up for it by being very helpful. I let him know the window trims were slightly misaligned and asked if they could realign it before I took delivery. He took the car back to get serviced no questions asked, and it was ready by the time we were done signing the paperwork. I was on the road in my new car within 45 minutes, just in time to hit traffic on I-880 and I-80. :rolleyes:

The car drives great, feels solid, and isn’t as noisy on the road as I expected it to be. My 2018 Audi SQ5 is definitely quieter on the highway, but the Model 3 isn’t that bad. My 2017 MINI Cooper JCW is a lot worse/raw. I should admit, though, I floored the accelerator on my way to the freeway and felt like a complete idiot. I’m sure many of you have watched a few Model 3 Performance reviews on YouTube and cringed at the exaggerated expression on the driver’s faces when they hit the accelerator. My face literally contorted to that same level of ugliness. It was shameful but a lot of fun.

After placing my initial order a little over 8 weeks ago, I took delivery of a flawless stealth Model 3! Delivery couldn’t have gone any smoother.

I arrived at the Fremont hub about an hour early and was surprised to find the place was practically empty. It was the complete opposite of what I experienced on 9/30/19, when the parking lot and waiting area were packed beyond capacity. I checked in with the front desk, helped myself to a free cup of coffee, and walked outside to find a service guy parking my car. It was perfect timing. I spent the next five minutes thoroughly inspecting the exterior of the car and started to head back inside when my DA came out to greet me. DA was a very nice lad who had just started working there a few days ago. He wasn’t that knowledgeable but made up for it by being very helpful. I let him know the window trims were slightly misaligned and asked if they could realign it before I took delivery. He took the car back to get serviced no questions asked, and it was ready by the time we were done signing the paperwork. I was on the road in my new car within 45 minutes, just in time to hit traffic on I-880 and I-80. :rolleyes:

The car drives great, feels solid, and isn’t as noisy on the road as I expected it to be. My 2018 Audi SQ5 is definitely quieter on the highway, but the Model 3 isn’t that bad. My 2017 MINI Cooper JCW is a lot worse/raw. I should admit, though, I floored the accelerator on my way to the freeway and felt like a complete idiot. I’m sure many of you have watched a few Model 3 Performance reviews on YouTube and cringed at the exaggerated expression on the driver’s faces when they hit the accelerator. My face literally contorted to that same level of ugliness. It was shameful but a lot of fun.

If I can have the same positive experience tomorrow for my delivery I will be over the moon.