Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a really dumb question (since I just got matched with one) - what exactly are the specs for a P3D-? 0-60? Top speed? Range? Other features?
All identical to the regular performance model. 3.2 / 165 / 310 / track mode, etc.

Vs the regular performance you DON’T have the upgraded brakes/wheels/tires, lower ride height, and spoiler.

Reactions: DKM3D and jonquiljo
Me too! I called the insurance 800 number, and they reported it to tech support.

I noticed the name - my CA driver’s license has my middle name, which my account does not. I changed it on my account, but the insurance page still hasn’t reflected change. Not sure if that affects anything.

Everyone's DL in California has their middle name. It's embarrassing for some of us! My wife and I never use our middle names. We've had insurance on our cars with First name and middle initial for years. I don't think the middle initial is needed. The only thing my agent has said is that all licensed drivers in the household should somehow be put on the policy. That can be done after the policy is issued with a quick phone call.

If you have a liability umbrella, make sure that issuer has all the information for the auto policy.

In short, just make sure the names are correct and complete on the insurance. If your insurance does not know about your wife and she drives the car - you'd better let the insurance company know. Those things are what really matters - the people who live with you at your home.

Hello Everyone,
First time posting but I have been following the forum for sometime. Just got my delivery yesterday and I'd like to share (and vent a little bit).
First order : 11/6 for LR AWD
Switched to P3D- 11/24
Took delivery: 11/30
First of all to be fair, I have to say the agents at the delivery were very helpful. When I explained that I would like to take my car prior to Dec3rd. They actually made it happen and I received a call yesterday telling me the car is ready for pickup. Things started to get weird once I went to pickup the car. I was signing the docs and waiting to get my car when I got greeted by the supervisor and then she proceeded to tell me that she had bad news. They discovered that the passenger door "close by itself" when opened. There was a possibility of rescheduling. I have to say, it was a disappointing feeling. Thankfully they had the broken part and they fixed it and now the door stay open as it is suppose to and I accepted delivery. Upon closer look today, I found a noticeable panel gab for the same door. I showed it to my SA and he agreed but now I have to schedule service to get this repaired as well. I don't know what to feel about this whole thing. I have a bad taste in my mouth. Don't get me wrong ya, the car is loads of fun to drive, but for a car that is costing around 58k, I feel this issues should have been ironed out. What do you guys think?

All identical to the regular performance model. 3.2 / 165 / 310 / track mode, etc.

Vs the regular performance you DON’T have the upgraded brakes/wheels/tires, lower ride height, and spoiler.

I was wondering about this. The P has heavier tires/rims/brakes, so the lower curb weight of the Stealth should translate into faster times. However, 20" tires have a larger contact patch, so maybe that makes up (or more than makes up) for the increased weight.

It's all moot anyway, because the only term we can use for any Model 3's: DAMN FAST! :D

I was wondering about this. The P has heavier tires/rims/brakes, so the lower curb weight of the Stealth should translate into faster times. However, 20" tires have a larger contact patch, so maybe that makes up (or more than makes up) for the increased weight.

It's all moot anyway, because the only term we can use for any Model 3's: DAMN FAST! :D

Yes, after 3 911's in my life - it's damn f-ing fast!!!!! And a minimal cop magnet. One thing Tesla has done really nicely since day 1 is put big motors in their cars. It's not just fast, it's safer on today's roads. Too many idiots out there trying to hit you - you can just step on it and be out of their way!

I still don't know what makes a P3D- faster than an AWD. Is it the motors, or just software? Hidden secret?

As promised, here are pics from our delivery today. We arrived right at 2pm and the whole place was pretty packed. Every bay they had was full and whole parking and street parking was full as well. We waited about 45 mins total before the actual delivery. During that time we signed papers and purchased 14-50 adapter. Outside of that, it will still a pleasant experience despite the DC being more of a converted wherehouse than a dealership showroom (but that's ok, if it saves money and that savings is passed along :) ). Definitely nothing fancy like a BMW dealership haha.

Our delivery person took the time to answer all our questions, demo the basics, and let us inspect the car to our hearts desire. I asked them to note that the front passenger side of the bumper did not sit all the way flush with the fender (not a big deal) and that was really the only blemish we saw. Seems like a simple adjustment but we wanted to get outta there so if they call us back to bring back to a service center another day, that is fine. Overall fit and finish is good/excellent and the paint quality looked good. I even took a quick look under the car at the battery/lift mounts and it was all clear there. No other issues noted. The car was 80% charged and so we left.

On my way out in my BMW M3, one of the porters did ask if I would like to trade my car for the Model X he was moving, so that did put a smile on my face LOL...naaaah! :)

With that, its been a fun waiting with all you folks. I wish everyone the best this holiday season and hope that you all get to enjoy your Stealth Model 3s in good health!

20191201_142110.jpg
20191201_142117.jpg
20191201_142114.jpg

20191201_152225.jpg
20191201_152241.jpg
20191201_152429.jpg
20191201_185440.jpg

I still don't know what makes a P3D- faster than an AWD. Is it the motors, or just software? Hidden secret?
The parts catalog indicates LR AWD cars have a different part for the rear motor drive unit (likely the same MOSFET inverter, binned for lower current). The software is responsible for increasing the power limit for the rear motor, but the physical difference is probably the reason converting AWD to P3D- with only a software change has never been offered.

Last edited:

Most are getting faster time with the stealth

Did any of you who placed your order in Q4 lease your vehicle and are in SoCal? If so, would you mind telling me what the total due at signing was and the monthly payment? I'm comparing my lease (ordered 10/9) with my friends who ordered in September and it looks like I will be paying over $2K more over the course of my lease for the exact same build. My SA tells me it's because the taxes went up and the residual went down, but I don't know if I believe him.

Contacted my local SA team this morning and had them ping my Vehicle... It's on the move.. 1 state away.... and possibly here tomorrow or Wednesday... Original pickup was schedule for 12-10 -- this would be a few days earlier. (Order was placed 11-21 for those interested -- heading to Texas).

Reactions: Paullydoughnut
Contacted my local SA team this morning and had them ping my Vehicle... It's on the move.. 1 state away.... and possibly here tomorrow or Wednesday... Original pickup was schedule for 12-10 -- this would be a few days earlier. (Order was placed 11-21 for those interested -- heading to Texas).

Have you paid in full already? I read that they won't ship until that happens but am hoping that's not the case because they're so slow getting my finance info that delivery in time won't be possible.