Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car today in Buena Park, CA!!
Delivery went really smooth and car looks great. One tiny speck of dirt under clear coat that makes it pop out a bit but that’s the only thing I noticed and it’s not a big deal..

here she is!!

4072B878-0739-4BDE-829D-7F00B7056CFD.jpeg

Ugh I'm supposed to get the car on the 11th. I just got the MVPA Saturday but am waiting for them to make a change to the price due to down payment. Sounds like I'm not gonna get the car in time :(

Are you doing third party financing?

Once you have your mvpa your numbers will be populated and it doesn't really matter what the estimated down payment etc is.

I went with my local credit union for financing and I have two checks whose total amount equals the total amount Tesla said the vehicle was including taxes and fees.

Tesla can edit your MVPA at delivery to reflect your actual down-payment and the amount you financed.

Tesla's mvpa only included tax and fees as my down-payment (6200 ish) but my actual down payment was 10k.

• Funny
Reactions: Biscuitpie
I took delivery today and I would like to thank everyone on the forum. I took delivery today and it was due to the feedback of everyone here; otherwise, I would still be pending a VIN. Changed config to stealth on 11/21. As for my delivery today, I still needed to complete my down payment, and it was not released to me until 15 min prior to delivery. The contract was also released at that time. Paperwork onsite took about 5 minutes, I'm impressed with the streamlined approach as opposed to prior vehicles with the finance person. The delivery was about 15 minutes going through the car. My vehicle had 3 miles on it and It's truly an amazing vehicle.

Lastly, I'm in Vegas and the delivery person stated they are delivering 700 vehicles here in Dec.

Can someone quickly run through the process of ordering a Stealth? Do you order a regular LR AWD then change it to Stealth? And is it available to anyone who’s willing to pay the additional $2000? Thanks in advance!
For me I opened the chat window and asked them for a Long-Range performance model. I told them I wanted the performance, but didn't want the 20" wheels or the other options. She quickly found me 3 of them and sent me the links to while I clicked on one to order it.

You should also be able to call a Sales Associate at your local showroom and tell them to locate you one.

Reactions: ambudriver03
Still having issues also. Called their insurance number to speak with someone about it and they said they can't provide a quote over the phone and that the only way to do it was through the website. They told me to make sure that my address was in my profile as that can cause issues occasionally. They told me to try again later tonight and if it still wasn't working then to call back and they'll try to connect me to technical support.

I called them today as well and they told me they can't provide a quote over the phone as well. Getting a little stressed as the window to get insurance starts closing. Hopefully they'll take care it soon.

I ordered a MS Performance but watching these M3 Stealths too for my wife. Does anyone know if or why they would not offer the MS Stealth variant? With Stealth you are getting the power boost but missing a carbon spoiler and larger brakes? Can you upgrade brakes later? I hope everyone gets their cars soon :)

I ordered a MS Performance but watching these M3 Stealths too for my wife. Does anyone know if or why they would not offer the MS Stealth variant? With Stealth you are getting the power boost but missing a carbon spoiler and larger brakes? Can you upgrade brakes later? I hope everyone gets their cars soon :)
Anyone can pick up a stealth that is in inventory. They still exist, and your SA can grab one right away or grab you one in pre-production. These are the ones coming that are not yet produced. Tesla seems to have gone bonkers producing P3D- cars this quarter, not that I mind.

I got matched with a P3D- on Sunday and am taking delivery on Wednesday. I had an AWD on order since 10/11, but my SA switched it to a P3D- when he found my color preference (red). If you are not picky about color (or wheels) they are still out there.

Can someone quickly run through the process of ordering a Stealth? Do you order a regular LR AWD then change it to Stealth? And is it available to anyone who’s willing to pay the additional $2000? Thanks in advance!

Just to further clarify - a stealth (P3D-) can be ordered through any SA (the easiest method). You can order one even if you do not have a curret order you are waiting for. Some are already made and still waiting for owners if you aren't too picky about color or wheels. If you have an order in (from any date) you can have your SA change it.

If you don't like the available stealths that are available ASAP, you can resrve one in pre-production and likely can get it by the end of December (or so I've been told). There are a lot waiting to be made (or so I've been told).

In short, you just have to be a warm body with money to pay for the thing or order it! Financing and trade ins are OK also.

They are a great deal for a Model 3.

Anyone can pick up a stealth that is in inventory. They still exist, and your SA can grab one right away or grab you one in pre-production. These are the ones coming that are not yet produced. Tesla seems to have gone bonkers producing P3D- cars this quarter, not that I mind.

I got matched with a P3D- on Sunday and am taking delivery on Wednesday. I had an AWD on order since 10/11, but my SA switched it to a P3D- when he found my color preference (red). If you are not picky about color (or wheels) they are still out there.

Aha! I found someone else who was crazy enough to order a Stealth in red :) (the other colours were WAY easier to locate, I turned down at least 10 cars in the last 2 weeks)

A friend fwd me an email from his Tesla Advisor: Would advise that you be very proactive if you want your deliveriy

Tesla is going to switch back to building for the West Coast most-likely within the next week or so and they have large demands in all these western states to fill. This means the delivery dates that the company hands out will be largely inflexible; Tesla will only have one day and time to give per customer. All profiles that aren’t complete will not be prioritized, and Tesla’s next definitive delivery window will be sometime around March 2020 – so I want to make sure we can all have everything we need for delivery in 2019!"

• Informative
Reactions: jonquiljo
A friend fwd me an email from his Tesla Advisor: Would advise that you be very proactive if you want your deliveriy

Tesla is going to switch back to building for the West Coast most-likely within the next week or so and they have large demands in all these western states to fill. This means the delivery dates that the company hands out will be largely inflexible; Tesla will only have one day and time to give per customer. All profiles that aren’t complete will not be prioritized, and Tesla’s next definitive delivery window will be sometime around March 2020 – so I want to make sure we can all have everything we need for delivery in 2019!"

I heard the Same on Sunday. The big push for California was to be this week and onward. All California deliveries to this point have been east coast overflow. I also found out the hard way is to push push push your SA - politely, but be a fly on his butt.

Again here I will post that there are P3D- cars still "on the ground" at the factory. If you want a car, want a P3D-, and will be flexible for colors - please bug your SA to get you one. They do exist! If you are out in the western half of the US, I expect that this will speed delivery up a bit for you. I didn't hear about single appointment dates, but I did get the impression that they wanted to move cars.

When I got an appointment to pick up a car today (for Wed in SF), I was initially texted that it was 10:30 AM on Wednesday in SF. No options were given. I called and asked if it could be later, and they moved it to 2:30 to fix my schedule. The DA gave me 1000 supercharger miles as if I had done them a favor not asking for another date. I really did noting to deserve the miles (of course I took them!). This tells me that delivery times are getting tighter and tighter. I have also hear that if not December, it will be March 2020.

As they say, "vote early and vote often." Kick butt to get your car! You will likely get it if you do. I suspect that cars are plentiful but delivery times are not that flexible. Good luck everyone!!!!

As in life, the squeaky wheel will get the grease. Just keep pestering your SA and DC to move things along. During this whole process, thanks to the info shared on this forum, I was able to get ahead of the things by inquiring about the stealth and changing my order, checking in with my SA in terms of my profile and what needed attention, and setting up financing ahead of delivery, and calling the DC to check where in transit my car was and setting my desired time for delivery. Had I just waited for Tesla to handle, I wonder if I would not have gotten delivery before the 3rd to meet the rebate changes for the CVRP. I'm sure all the Tesla folks are swamped as well so if you're just quietly and patiently waiting then you will get overlooked until the end. That's how it always ends up being bc you're not making any noise. And nobody wants noise haha. Just be nice bc they are people too just like the rest of us.

Aha! I found someone else who was crazy enough to order a Stealth in red :) (the other colours were WAY easier to locate, I turned down at least 10 cars in the last 2 weeks)
Yeah, I had a bit of a wait trying to find a stealth in red. I was assigned one last Sunday (Dec 1) which was the end of Thanksgiving weekend. The car was already at the SF delivery center. This means ...

1.) It was turned down by someone else for defects.
2.) It was a “no-show” for someone who was away for the holidays.

I’m hoping it was #2. But you never know. They did speed out delivery of stealths during Thanksgiving and lots of people were not in town to pick them up. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

Yeah, I had a bit of a wait trying to find a stealth in red. I was assigned one last Sunday (Dec 1) which was the end of Thanksgiving weekend. The car was already at the SF delivery center. This means ...

1.) It was turned down by someone else for defects.
2.) It was a “no-show” for someone who was away for the holidays.

I’m hoping it was #2. But you never know. They did speed out delivery of stealths during Thanksgiving and lots of people were not in town to pick them up. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

I'm scheduled for next Monday.

I might have had a chance for one last week before Thanksgiving but the red one was a unicorn... And I had began second guessing myself... But already had sacrificed white interior for the stealth.

My car was 'born' yesterday morning and I went to the credit union with the mvpa and am just waiting on the truck...

Reactions: Paullydoughnut
I'm scheduled for next Monday.

I might have had a chance for one last week before Thanksgiving but the red one was a unicorn... And I had began second guessing myself... But already had sacrificed white interior for the stealth.

My car was 'born' yesterday morning and I went to the credit union with the mvpa and am just waiting on the truck...
What credit union did you use? Better rates than Tesla?