Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to be clear...still no white interior option correct? My Scottsdale rep offered me 2 black interior the other day.

No white interiors (for stealth)

Like many others in this sub, started getting offers to match with stealth before Thanksgiving holiday, but I've yet to see a late model production "performance" model 3 with a white interior.

Constantly pestered my SA/DA and even other people's DA/SA and no one has come across a performance model 3 with a white interior that wasn't configured with 20" wheels etc.

No white interiors (for stealth)

Like many others in this sub, started getting offers to match with stealth before Thanksgiving holiday, but I've yet to see a late model production "performance" model 3 with a white interior.

Constantly pestered my SA/DA and even other people's DA/SA and no one has come across a performance model 3 with a white interior that wasn't configured with 20" wheels etc.

Thank you...and agree. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a sudden birthing.

I took delivery at the Fremont Delivery hub this past Saturday, and while I absolutely love love LOVE my new White Stealth Performance Model 3, the delivery experience was pretty basic and flat out.. terrible?

I hate to sound like a whiner but when I purchased my Model S back in 2017, it was something special. They had us all walk into a nice warm and covered showroom with all of our cars lined up with enough space to check out the entire body of the car. It was just a very engrossing and thoughtful experience.

This time with my Model 3... It was a bit of a let down. While everyone was VERY nice, the point at which we actually got to take our car was just not proper etiquette for someone spending close to 60k on a car. Instead of bringing the car inside and out of the elements, they instead took us to a parking lot with a bunch of tightly packed cars and handed us they keys. It was windy, rainy, and storming at this point and it all felt so ridiculous.

I love my car, I love Tesla, but that left a sour taste in my mouth and sort of fouled up an otherwise WONDERFUL day. I love my car. Truly. This is the best Tesla car you can get in my opinion. The only thing wrong with it is my front USB ports do not work. Not a big deal, I'll get them fixed in a week with Mobile Service. Other than that problem the car looks and drives like a well made supercar. It's tight and solid, no rattles, no odd sounds or noises when driving, no body or panel gaps, and the 18 inch wheels with a performance level of acceleration is CASH MONEY.

TLDR: Delivery experience was terrible, White Stealth Performance Model 3 is AMAZING AND INCREDIBLE.

I can't agree more! I had a similar experience with addition of being told that they had just discovered that my passenger has a malfunctioning part that need replacement. Thankfully it was fixed and I took delivery but I still going to have mobile service come to fix my malfunctioning lumbar support button :) I love my blue p3d-, but these little stupid things just ruin the experience and cheapen the brand

I ordered a LR AWD on 11/29. After reading about the stealth option here I called my local store on 12/1. They couldn’t help me over the phone, but suggested that I come in. Once in the store I was assigned to a Tesla Rep who was very helpful. He found three stealth's available nearly right away, one of them in my preferred color. (It had upgraded wheels so it was a few thousand more than I had planned before.) I selected it and got all the paperwork filled out. Shortly after leaving he contacted me with another that he had found in my color and with the wheels that I had originally ordered, he indicated that this car is in pre-production, likely being built at the factory as we speak.

It's 2 days later now, I now see a VIN in my source code. No indication of delivery date yet, but the Tesla Rep felt I was likely 2 weeks ahead of the normal process. He expects I will be taking in the next 2 weeks.

Now I'm just waiting for the phone call to schedule my delivery. Feeling very lucky that I got a great Tesla rep that was super knowledgeable and super helpful.

I ordered a LR AWD on 11/29. After reading about the stealth option here I called my local store on 12/1. They couldn’t help me over the phone, but suggested that I come in. Once in the store I was assigned to a Tesla Rep who was very helpful. He found three stealth's available nearly right away, one of them in my preferred color. (It had upgraded wheels so it was a few thousand more than I had planned before.) I selected it and got all the paperwork filled out. Shortly after leaving he contacted me with another that he had found in my color and with the wheels that I had originally ordered, he indicated that this car is in pre-production, likely being built at the factory as we speak.

It's 2 days later now, I now see a VIN in my source code. No indication of delivery date yet, but the Tesla Rep felt I was likely 2 weeks ahead of the normal process. He expects I will be taking in the next 2 weeks.

Now I'm just waiting for the phone call to schedule my delivery. Feeling very lucky that I got a great Tesla rep that was super knowledgeable and super helpful.
Right there with you bro.

I was matched with a P3D- on 11/28 and got vin. Called 12/1 and asked if there were any with different wheels. Super helpful SA found one immediately and got new vin in source that day. How long has it been taking to have vin show up on order page? I’m assuming that is when it’s in production. After production begins, about how long until delivery?

My order page still requests payment:)… But my SA told me I don’t have to pay until delivery date is set.Anyone else waiting until right before pick up to pay?

I was matched with a P3D- on 11/28 and got vin. Called 12/1 and asked if there were any with different wheels. Super helpful SA found one immediately and got new vin in source that day. How long has it been taking to have vin show up on order page? I’m assuming that is when it’s in production. After production begins, about how long until delivery?

My order page still requests payment:)… But my SA told me I don’t have to pay until delivery date is set.Anyone else waiting until right before pick up to pay?
I want to pay ASAP because they honored my 3 month old car trade in. But mine still says they are drafting the contract even though I have a delivery date set.

Ordered a Black LR AWD with 19’s on 10/20/19. Went into the Burbank store on 12/2/19 to buy a wall charger. Asked an SA how you go about getting a Stealth. The guy said, let’s take a look, & in about a minute he matched me with a pre-production Black Stealth with Aeros. It’s only $500 more than the Black LR AWD with 19’s, so I was willing to trade wheel size for a Stealth! Last night (still 12/2/19), my Mvpa line item appeared in my account, but it only provided an error message. I called my new Burbank store SA today (12/3/19) & he said he “clicked through” something on his end & then I suddenly had a live “Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement” tab. So, in less than 24 hours, I was matched to a Stealth with a Vin & an Mvpa. I didn’t even know how you get a Stealth, so I’m not sure if I got lucky or if it’s one of those things where all you have to do is ask.

Took Me complaining here and five minutes later got contacted by them - matched to a car on the ground, was emailed a vin, new credit app got approved, etc. SA is working to get car delivery date to Saturday when my wife can pick it up.

Only thing missing: still no VIN on the website so I can quote Tesla insurance (cheapest I got was 250/month from Geico ffs!)

Any idea how long it takes to get the VIN on the website?

Reactions: Paullydoughnut
Took Me complaining here and five minutes later got contacted by them - matched to a car on the ground, was emailed a vin, new credit app got approved, etc. SA is working to get car delivery date to Saturday when my wife can pick it up.

Only thing missing: still no VIN on the website so I can quote Tesla insurance (cheapest I got was 250/month from Geico ffs!)

Where are you ordering from?

That's about what I was quotes on State Farm but Progressive was right around $100/mo. I'm 26 with a perfect record, so I'd assume anyone older or with multiple cars shouldn't be paying much more than me. Insurance is always so random though.

That's about what I was quotes on State Farm but Progressive was right around $100/mo. I'm 26 with a perfect record, so I'd assume anyone older or with multiple cars shouldn't be paying much more than me. Insurance is always so random though.

37 here no tickets in the last 5 years or accidents. Progressive quoted me around 736 for 6 months and my current USAA wants 1200 for 6 months. Looks like I will be switching. Louisiana has really high car insurance though.