Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need some advice... picked up my white stealth this past Saturday in Fremont. I looked over the car as best I could, but it was pouring rain and didn't get a chance to examine every inch of it because of the weather. It's been raining pretty consistently since then, but just last night it let up and I had a chance to look over the car again (even though it's still dirty from driving in the rain). I noticed a few small black scratches on the paint above the driver side B pillar. It looks like something rubbed against it and scratched the paint. I know for a fact this wasn't something that happened after delivery, so what are my options? Can I still contact Tesla regarding this even though I've taken delivery and didn't see it upon my initial inspection?

I found my hood/fender had some minor dents in it after I got home. I sent a few pics to my SA as soon as I noticed them. They said they will repair them to my satisfaction so I'm a happy camper. I did notify them of the damage like 45 minutes after I drove the car off the lot so it didn't give them a lot of leeway to try and say I caused the damage. There is no harm in asking so I say give it a try!

See, didn't I tell you? It was, after all, quite possible to have a better-than-smooth delivery experience.

:D

I'm happy for you! Congrats on your new wheels, and remember: the love affair is just beginning, and you get to fall in love again, every time to drive your new model 3.

Car looks awesome, btw! Even though we both have stealths, those red cars just -look- faster. Don't be afraid to show off the awesome, gut wrenching instant torque, and just imagine jaws gaping as they eat your dust! :D
It’s actually a “tasteful” red, not the “fire engine red” of the 80’s and 90’s. The dark wheels help - and I took off my aero covers and installed a wheel cap kit. Lucky that I did as the wheels had mud trapped behind the covers - probably from test driving.

It is the silence of the acceleration. It is even more profound when you take it from creeping along at 20 and slam it to 80. Not only can the car handle the acceleration, but it’s quite comfortable when you do so. I’ve got to be careful in this rainy weather as people around here are dangerous when it rains.

It helps that you are taking a relatively small car that weighs 4000lbs and letting it fly. I always had traction, even on 18’s.

The only thing I noticed is that at 90% charge, it had only 280 miles of range. That is barely the 310 advertised at 100%. It will charge easily at 5MPH on a 110V outlet.

All in all the Model 3 is an outstanding car. But I would still be waiting (with a 10/11 order) if I had stuck to my original LR AWD. I feel badly for those still waiting. Their delivery experience will not be like we are getting this week and last week. But, the car is definitely worth the wait.

BTW, how do you keep those California paper license plates from melting in the rain?

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
I had a modified Golf R with launch control that was only a few tenths slower to 60 but my P3D- feels SOOO much faster for some reason. I feel like I can literally feel my brain slam back in to the back of my head when I floor my Tesla and it makes me nauseous. I never had any kind of feeling like that with the Golf. I really do feel like the lack of sound means your brain can't prepare for what is about to happen or something like that. It's wild.
Thanks for the good reply. Dont want to hijack the thread lol. It is more a seat of the pants feel. The cat shot is violent, bumpy, you are busy as a pilot...all kinds of other things going on. The M3 is quiet, smooth, and not what you would expect from a small car. Obviously the cat shot is mathematically much quicker but I would just like to highlight how the M3 just feels pretty dang cool to drive. Cheers.

Reactions: Solmors
The only thing I noticed is that at 90% charge, it had only 280 miles of range. That is barely the 310 advertised at 100%. It will charge easily at 5MPH on a 110V outlet.

All in all the Model 3 is an outstanding car. But I would still be waiting (with a 10/11 order) if I had stuck to my original LR AWD. I feel badly for those still waiting. Their delivery experience will not be like we are getting this week and last week. But, the car is definitely worth the wait.

BTW, how do you keep those California paper license plates from melting in the rain?

You won't get 310 (actually 323 because it's lighter than a Performance trim) in cold weather. It impacts range a lot. You won't get the 323 unless/until you achieve 100% efficiency. You can see it in driving efficiency ratings, which compares projected mileage vs. actual mileage. Setup an account with Teslafi.com or get the "Tesla Stats" app.

Here's my efficiency for the first 320 miles:

IMG_3223.jpg

Efficiency ratings across all users over 12 months. Note - Model 3's ownership is probably skewed towards warmer climates (CA, AZ, TX, GA etc,) so the differences between warm/cold months will be greater for colder climates:

IMG_3224.jpg

As they say, your mileage may vary.

My temp plates seem to be holding up ok. I'd hope they made them to be resistant to water.

So I'm LOVING my Stealth but I read we're supposed to be able to enable Track Mode. At first I thought it wasn't available to us then another user posted that it was made available to our cars in March. Can anyone confirm if they do/don't have it? I see the option, but it's grayed out. I appreciate your feedback.

So I'm LOVING my Stealth but I read we're supposed to be able to enable Track Mode. At first I thought it wasn't available to us then another user posted that it was made available to our cars in March. Can anyone confirm if they do/don't have it? I see the option, but it's grayed out. I appreciate your feedback.
I can confirm that Track Mode is there. I received mine this Tuesday and just tried it today. You'll have to be in Park and press the brake to enable it.

You won't get 310 (actually 323 because it's lighter than a Performance trim) in cold weather. It impacts range a lot. You won't get the 323 unless/until you achieve 100% efficiency. You can see it in driving efficiency ratings, which compares projected mileage vs. actual mileage. Setup an account with Teslafi.com or get the "Tesla Stats" app.

Here's my efficiency for the first 320 miles:

View attachment 485085

Efficiency ratings across all users over 12 months. Note - Model 3's ownership is probably skewed towards warmer climates (CA, AZ, TX, GA etc,) so the differences between warm/cold months will be greater for colder climates:

View attachment 485086

As they say, your mileage may vary.

My temp plates seem to be holding up ok. I'd hope they made them to be resistant to water.

Thanks. So with an average outside temperature of 57 or so (it's soooo cooold here!!), the range will suffer a few percent - maybe 5%. Does the Tesla produce those graphs?

I figure it's OK to charge occasionally to 90%. That's where it is now, and I will charge it again when I get below 150mi. In general, 300 miles is about what you get in an ICE car with a full tank of gas. Of course, YMMV. Without a commute (I work from home), I don't need a lot of range all the time.

I guess I am experiencing range anxiety!

Thanks. So with an average outside temperature of 57 or so (it's soooo cooold here!!), the range will suffer a few percent - maybe 5%. Does the Tesla produce those graphs?

Both of those graphs come from the Tesla Stats app.

A better estimate of range can be found on the touchscreen. The battery icon uses static parameters to estimate range. The "energy" app. dynamically calculates range based on your driving for three different time ranges. It's perfect for long drives on the interstate.

Both of those graphs come from the Tesla Stats app.

A better estimate of range can be found on the touchscreen. The battery icon uses static parameters to estimate range. The "energy" app. dynamically calculates range based on your driving for three different time ranges. It's perfect for long drives on the interstate.

Stats app? I really am just learning. I'm just getting the hang of regenerative braking. Where are all these apps?

Just picked up my car. Nothing wrong with it. Checked everything people have issues with. Before I pull out of the dealership.... 2019.40.2 pops up!!! Also had a pretty recent version already on it with the 1 pedal drive mode. Loving that!

Attachments

• 9F9E27E1-6863-44E9-AD32-7FA857C9B5C6.jpeg
    9F9E27E1-6863-44E9-AD32-7FA857C9B5C6.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 46