Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You, I, and everyone in this thread (and forum) are the reasons why Stealths are handled this way: generating massive buzz. Tesla knows there is a lot of interest in Stealths, even though they have never advertised this trim. The ONLY way to know about it is via social media. So a couple days ago they put a ton of them available to order... but again, telling NOBODY, not even Sales Associates. Then *boom*, word gets out and lots of excitement is generated in forums, FB groups etc.

It's basic social media marketing. And it works! I'll bet anything that there are some here who A) had never heard of Stealths or considered one and B) want one and has ordered one.

The question is asked: Why not just make Stealth trims available on the order page? Not really sure, but my guess is it would cannibalize Performance sales. The only other reason: Elon loves messing with us. :)
When I mentioned to my SA that the long range and performance models each have the same dual motors why couldn't they just configure it via software to be faster and without the larger rims, spoiler, lowered, etc. He said if I could get you one would you be interested. I said yes. That is when he took me over to his computer and explained about the sleeper mode versions. I ordered it on the spot.

If you want the latest update sooner than later, this seems to always work:

Go to "software" on the touchscreen. If "advanced", press "standard" and then back to "advanced. I've also heard that pressing "advanced" five times works as well.

I just tried it, and 2019.40.2 started to immediately download.

Reactions: ValXp
It took about 10 minutes for me to download, and another 25 to install. Probably related to time of day when download starts.

Must be. When pulling 120 on wifi and 72 on cellular you really feel like you're in the future... I still remember the dial-up modems of AOL.
IMG_0616.JPG 20191204_181826.jpg

for whatever reason 40.2 took like an hour to download, not sure how big of an update it is/was... I was in my driveway and pulling 120mbit from my WiFi...

Took my car about 10 minutes to download. My garage usually gets only around 300 Mbps of my 1 Gbps fiber internet on 5 GHz wifi. Update is installing now. Its like watching paint dry but my eyes are glued to the screen. Its my first software update experience and I'm excited. Haha

Reactions: ambudriver03
Well this is unsettling to sit through. All sorts of buzzing, whirring, clicking, lights flashing and most alarmingly, very loud banging from the rear that coincides with the HVAC shutting off and turning back on. Sounds like the car is imploding!

When is it a good idea to ask for a delivery date?

I currently have no VIN but have a Source VIN.
My Next Steps
“We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.”

Should I just wait it out or try to bug my SA and delivery location about my vehicle’s status?

Ordered Oct 21st and switched to stealth Nov 27th.

If you want the latest update sooner than later, this seems to always work:

Go to "software" on the touchscreen. If "advanced", press "standard" and then back to "advanced. I've also heard that pressing "advanced" five times works as well.

I just tried it, and 2019.40.2 started to immediately download.
I tried the 5 tap earlier and got nothing but when I finally connected to my home wifi I got 40.2 pretty quick after that...can never connect my S in my driveway to wifi

My SA told me that the Purchase agreement link wouldn’t work until a VIN had been officially assigned. I saw a VIN in source code a couple days ago but link still didn’t work. Today the Purchase agreement link works and has a purchase agreement for me.

Two questions of the group:

Based on your experience does the presence of the purchase agreement represent a milestone in the process towards delivery?

My purchase agreement shows the vehicle has 50 miles. Is that a default value they put in the agreement? I’m concerned that if the car has 50 miles on it, someone may have taken delivery of this car and chose to return it.

My SA told me that the Purchase agreement link wouldn’t work until a VIN had been officially assigned. I saw a VIN in source code a couple days ago but link still didn’t work. Today the Purchase agreement link works and has a purchase agreement for me.

Two questions of the group:

Based on your experience does the presence of the purchase agreement represent a milestone in the process towards delivery?

My purchase agreement shows the vehicle has 50 miles. Is that a default value they put in the agreement? I’m concerned that if the car has 50 miles on it, someone may have taken delivery of this car and chose to return it.

Purchase agreement wasn’t uploaded until 1 hour before I picked it up. I don’t think it really matters if you don’t see it for a while.

odometer always says that on the agreement but will only have 4 miles on it is my bet