Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone asked a Tesla rep if there is any difference between LR AWD and P3D- other than a software setting? I know a lot of members on the forum are convinced that they are the exact same car other than software to allow the faster acceleration. But if that were true why wouldn't they just build everything as a LR AWD and let people pay another $2K to unlock the stealth acceleration upgrade? It just defies logic or common sense for me.

Purchase agreement wasn’t uploaded until 1 hour before I picked it up. I don’t think it really matters if you don’t see it for a while.

odometer always says that on the agreement but will only have 4 miles on it is my bet

Thank you James649 and Dandrek for the quick responses. I'm feeling much better about the Odometer value on the purchase agreement and already have access to the MVPA. I'll call my SA this weekend and check for an update on the anticipated delivery date.

Thank you James649 and Dandrek for the quick responses. I'm feeling much better about the Odometer value on the purchase agreement and already have access to the MVPA. I'll call my SA this weekend and check for an update on the anticipated delivery date.

I had 4 miles on mine as well. When I took delivery of my pickup truck back in the day it had 7 miles on the odometer and three of those were going to the fuel station and back.

I haven't heard of many people ending up with vehicles that have 47 or 48 miles on them who didn't already know there was something with the car.

I'd be suspicious of a factory new car that has more than 20.

well it may defy common sense but it's got a bunch of us paying an extra $2k for the same car to jump the queue. i don't have any illusions about that.

The reason I started with a standard performance 3 was I had FOMO if a Ludicrous mode ever came to pass on a M3. But was only offered on vehicles designated as performance from factory

(let's say that going to ludicrous only required inverters being replaced for say $5k down the line and a few hours at the service center; and said Mode dropped the 0-60 by another half second to mid 2.5s or so.)

There would probably be people who would pay extra for a P3D "turbo"

I had 4 miles on mine as well. When I took delivery of my pickup truck back in the day it had 7 miles on the odometer and three of those were going to the fuel station and back.

I haven't heard of many people ending up with vehicles that have 47 or 48 miles on them who didn't already know there was something with the car.

I'd be suspicious of a factory new car that has more than 20.
Yep 4 miles on mine.

A few notes on the stealth that I just picked up.
1. No track mode
2. Version 10.35 loaded and was ready to download 10.40
3. Adapters. Only came with 110v plug and the universal J-whatever. No other adapters
4. Was scheduled for the 11th, but called to pick it up 5 days early
5. Although it was dark, paint and panel gaps looked great!
6. Service guy that helped us with orientation and setting things up was great.

Does everyone else have the same results for #1 and #3

Car also has to be in park.

If you don't have track mode you won't even have the "button" on your screen.

20191204_174645.jpg
20191204_174650_capture.jpg

Has anyone asked a Tesla rep if there is any difference between LR AWD and P3D- other than a software setting? I know a lot of members on the forum are convinced that they are the exact same car other than software to allow the faster acceleration. But if that were true why wouldn't they just build everything as a LR AWD and let people pay another $2K to unlock the stealth acceleration upgrade? It just defies logic or common sense for me.
Bigger motor in the stealths.

• Disagree
Reactions: ucmndd
A few notes on the stealth that I just picked up.
1. No track mode
2. Version 10.35 loaded and was ready to download 10.40
3. Adapters. Only came with 110v plug and the universal J-whatever. No other adapters
4. Was scheduled for the 11th, but called to pick it up 5 days early
5. Although it was dark, paint and panel gaps looked great!
6. Service guy that helped us with orientation and setting things up was great.

Does everyone else have the same results for #1 and #3
Mine has track mode. Everyone so far does. Are you looking under driving? Scroll down while the car is in park?
When you click the Tesla logo at the top of the screen do you have a red line under dual motor? Badge at the back of the car with red line?

Processed everything on my end. I was waiting on them to fix the financing but processed anyways and will fix it later. I had vin in source since Black Friday. Once I processed everything on my end, Tesla vin finder populates my vin but it still hasn’t shown up on page. SA says I could get the car this weekend or early next week. Fingers crossed for all of us friends. I’ll be picking up in Carlsbad.

White/Black/18/FSD

BTW: is it worth it buying the $500 wall charger? And has anyone bought one off of OfferUp?

Reactions: ambudriver03
Car also has to be in park.

If you don't have track mode you won't even have the "button" on your screen.

View attachment 485608 View attachment 485605
The button is definitely there, just greyed out. Yes I have the red line on the screen car and on the badge in the back, and it definitely is the performance motor based on the 0-60 times I’ve been getting ;)
I won’t let me select it right now, but it’s also charging so...
I’ll check it later on today, and will get back to y’all tonight
FWIW, I will never have a reason to use it. I’m just posting what came with the car.

I've read that they "bin" all the motors. Those that qualify for "performance" get assigned a different part number (980?) and used in the performance builds. But what if you end up with more 980s than you need for the regular performance orders? Do you just throw them in the non-performance cars? Or do you set them aside until you have enough for a batch of stealth cars at a $2k premium? Hmmm, what would Tesla do.....

Reactions: Paullydoughnut