Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 12/4 I went into the SC in Portland, OR, hoping to drive an AWD LR and a Performance and make a decision, assuming that the Sleepers had been gone for months. The SA asked if I had heard of a "Sleeper", which is when I knew it was all over.

She was savvy, and told me that you don't try to grab one from the top of the list, but to go the middle.

I was hoping for white with 18's, but it was not to be, so I ended up with a Midnight Silver with 18's, which I think is a great color for anything called a "Stealth" or a "Sleeper". :)

Got my VIN via source code and on the MVPA by the 6th. Now I'm just hoping beyond hope that when it shows up, I won't be out of town for work!

UPDATE: Got the call. Delivery appointment tomorrow (12/12) at 12:00. Wa hoo!

i just placed an order online for performance version. is the next step to call in the 1-888 number and switch to stealth? Any chance i will get this in NJ before year end?

On Tesla's order page It says that CA residents can still get their cars delivered by the end of the year, all other states have to go into store or check local inventory.

Good luck, man!
tla.PNG

Called my local delivery location to try to move my delivery from Saturday to tomorrow. When he looked at my location he told me he was very surprised that the truck hadn't left the factory yet. He said it may not make it until Saturday. It is a 19 hour drive and I'm assuming they switch out drivers to make it all in one go, so I think I'm still OK as long as it leaves today :oops:

I’ve seen a lot of references to 6019 and 6022 VINs being delivered recently. Understanding that the VINs are not assigned chronologically, but do seem to be in batches, I was surprised to see a 6016 VIN in my code and on my MVPA.

Anyone else waiting on delivery with a 6016 VIN?

it said 5-8 weeks - i still need to change the order from Performance to Stealth - is the 1-888 the best number to call ? no one picks up the damn phone.

Do you have a showroom near you? If you can get in there to speak with one of their Sales people they'll be the most helpful. When I went into the showroom I found a guy that was really chill, knew I already knew a lot about the cars and just wanted to order and have someone I can contact about the status and he's been great. Called me the day it came off production to tell me it had been put on a truck and was on its way down to me.