Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks, my sales associate matched me with a P3D-. I asked them to hold off the delivery because I'm still waiting for my trade-in title to come in.

They've sent me this:
"I have left the VIN on the order for now incase the title comes in time and the car is ready for delivery. This is the only shot you'll get to purchase the Performance 3 with the 19" wheels, as we're no longer building them."

Is this just a sales tactic or is it true that there will be no more P3D- with 19'' wheels?

Since the Stealths are built in limited quantities and not offered on the menu, he's correct that there aren't any more slated to be built this year. Whatever is currently in inventory may be all that's left until they do another run in 1Q20 (if they even make them again since it's not a formally offered model).

Since the Stealths are built in limited quantities and not offered on the menu, he's correct that there aren't any more slated to be built this year. Whatever is currently in inventory may be all that's left until they do another run in 1Q20 (if they even make them again since it's not a formally offered model).

This tracks the conversation I overheard when I took delivery of my stealth on Dec 4.

A guy was somewhat upset he had purchased a LRAWD and just found out about stealths...

He asked "well how do I order one and when can I get it"

Tesla guy... Uh... Not sure... People have been blowing up our phones several hours per day and we're turning them down.... They randomly show up in inventory.​

When do you think I could get one?

Uh... March maybe?
He ended up taking delivery on the LR AWD.
"It's my wife's car anyway"

Sure pal...

• Funny
Reactions: M3FNATIK
This tracks the conversation I overheard when I took delivery of my stealth on Dec 4.

A guy was somewhat upset he had purchased a LRAWD and just found out about stealths...

He asked "well how do I order one and when can I get it"

Tesla guy... Uh... Not sure... People have been blowing up our phones several hours per day and we're turning them down.... They randomly show up in inventory.​

When do you think I could get one?

Uh... March maybe?
He ended up taking delivery on the LR AWD.
"It's my wife's car anyway"

Sure pal...

LOL, our TM3 is actually my wifes car as well. She did not want or care for the Stealth upgrade. The car was for her but the Stealth part of it was for me for when we go anywhere together :)

Reactions: ambudriver03
LOL, our TM3 is actually my wifes car as well. She did not want or care for the Stealth upgrade. The car was for her but the Stealth part of it was for me for when we go anywhere together :)

My girlfriend still wants a G63... (until the Tahoe sized Tesla 4x4 SUV comes out anyway)... Who am I to talk her out of it?

(she wants locking differentials and impressive ground clearance)

• Funny
Got my car yesterday, immediately gave it for paint protection film and window tinting, much required here in Florida. Once I have it back, I will take some pictures and post them here. :)
Also, track mode is available on my stealth. So yay!!! But I don't ever plan to take it on the track with those 18" wheels and non performance brakes. and like others mentioned, no USB cable and no hook for the groceries either. Looks like Tesla is cutting cheap corners here.

IMG_20191218_143416_513.jpg

Picked up my car today. Love this thing! 2 minor defects that they noted.. I'll get them fixed eventually. The acceleration is unreal. The car is also an amazing machine. Love Autopilot!

View attachment 489756

Picked up my car today. Love this thing! 2 minor defects that they noted.. I'll get them fixed eventually. The acceleration is unreal. The car is also an amazing machine. Love Autopilot!

Congrats on the sweet ride! What were your two minor defects? Mine the passenger fender was slightly misaligned with the bumper. Have an appointment for after Xmas to fix.

Picked up today. Aside from some leftover bits of shipping tape or something and an aero wheel cap not snapped all the way on, I couldn't find any defects. I'm sure some might nitpick some panel alignment or something, but it looks pretty great to me.
  • Acceleration is absurd once the battery was warmed up (about 5*F out when I picked it up this morning)
  • Autopilot is nice
  • Track mode button is there, not that I'll be using it in the winter
  • 5 miles on the car at delivery
  • Feels very quiet at highway speeds, noticeably better than the car I test drove
  • No front trunk carpet
  • Did not come with the NEMA 14-50 adapter, but they had them in stock. $37 w/ tax.
Very pleased so far. Time to play. Best of luck to all of you still waiting.

img_20191218_150344.jpg

also picked up today - was raining and a little dark so it was hard to inspect the car properly. i didn't see any problems but given the circumstances i think i might find something tommorrow in the light. little bit of a rattle driving on the freeway but not sure it warrants a service visit.

i think the crush is about to begin in fremont - the person who delivered the car was a salesperson and had to seek help with the paperwork.

anyway, the acceleration is truly absurd, and autopilot was very welcome driving back up 880 in bumper to bumper traffic.

Reactions: personthing
anyway, the acceleration is truly absurd, and autopilot was very welcome driving back up 880 in bumper to bumper traffic.

I made that same drive in November. It's awesome in bumper to bumper traffic, makes it so much more tolerable.

Depending on the type of traffic jam (slow go, stop go, slow go stop) etc., you may find it a bit jerky - fast acceleration followed by quick stop. If that happens, try changing regen braking to "low" and don't use "hold" (one pedal driving). My understanding is this is an issue that was made worse by the latest software update, probably because of the introduction of one pedal driving. I bet they fix it real soon.

I made that same drive in November. It's awesome in bumper to bumper traffic, makes it so much more tolerable.

Depending on the type of traffic jam (slow go, stop go, slow go stop) etc., you may find it a bit jerky - fast acceleration followed by quick stop. If that happens, try changing regen braking to "low" and don't use "hold" (one pedal driving). My understanding is this is an issue that was made worse by the latest software update, probably because of the introduction of one pedal driving. I bet they fix it real soon.

interesting - the car was slightly downrev on software at delivery and when i got home it downloaded the latest (2.2GB, wow). i did notice a couple of times where it did accelerate a little fast on autopilot but it was nothing too jarring. i did already have hold mode in the software it shipped with so maybe i experienced the bug.

i'll keep an eye on it and play around with those settings... but i'd really like use hold, i've gotten very used to the one-pedal thing in the bolt. i guess it can be switched while the car is in D?

interesting - the car was slightly downrev on software at delivery and when i got home it downloaded the latest (2.2GB, wow). i did notice a couple of times where it did accelerate a little fast on autopilot but it was nothing too jarring. i did already have hold mode in the software it shipped with so maybe i experienced the bug.

i'll keep an eye on it and play around with those settings... but i'd really like use hold, i've gotten very used to the one-pedal thing in the bolt. i guess it can be switched while the car is in D?

Yeah, it's a simple adjustment. Just don't take your eyes off the road. ;)

I got used to the one pedal driving with the Bolt as well. It's hard to go back once use to it. Make those adjustments and see if it improves things. Different folks seem to be more sensitive to it. I don't mind they herky jerky it too much, but at time it reminds me of the "Indiana Jones" ride at Disneyland.

I was a little surprised that Tesla only recently released one pedal driving. Its really how an EV should operate. We got used to it as well from the two i3s we've had over the years. The best part is Tesla lets your turn it on/off. No such option with BMW. You know, b/c Germans know what's best for you ;)

Maybe the slightly aggressive Autopilot is due to the number of car lengths? I imagine a 1-2 car length setting would result in more aggressive tailing and braking? Where a great length of 3-4 may result in a smoother experience? Just throwing some suggestions in case it helps.

Maybe the slightly aggressive Autopilot is due to the number of car lengths? I imagine a 1-2 car length setting would result in more aggressive tailing and braking? Where a great length of 3-4 may result in a smoother experience? Just throwing some suggestions in case it helps.

i don't know if it is the default but my car was set to 3 car lengths. i felt like it was stopping so far behind the car in front of me that i was at risk of someone swooping into my lane and i didn't want to find out on the first day how autopilot would handle that, so i changed to 2. however, now i can't remember under what setting i got the jerky ride. another thing i'll have to play around with.

i don't think it had the option for 4? IIRC i had the choice between 1, 2 or 3.

i don't know if it is the default but my car was set to 3 car lengths. i felt like it was stopping so far behind the car in front of me that i was at risk of someone swooping into my lane and i didn't want to find out on the first day how autopilot would handle that, so i changed to 2. however, now i can't remember under what setting i got the jerky ride. another thing i'll have to play around with.

i don't think it had the option for 4? IIRC i had the choice between 1, 2 or 3.

Yeah, I recall the default was 3 and it goes up to 7. Mine is setup at 4 right now and its not a bad experience. I imagine setting it at 1 or 2 would be like how I would drive like an ass lol. You're not gonna get anywhere faster in traffic riding up on people. Just chilax haha. Isn't that why we got AP for?

Picked mine up yesterday...2020. Was disappointed in the paint quality as there were a few spots on the car that had tiny paint bubble patches with one patch having about 30 tiny bubbles in a concentrated area.

The chrome strip around the window on one side was protruding out about 1/8 of an inch too far and sitting up about 1/8 of an inch too high making it look misaligned.

There were parts of the inside of the trunk area that were left partially unpainted like the trunk hinge area. I checked a few other cars in the parking lot and they have the same issue. It seemed least noticeable on white cars.

When my air-conditioning/heat first kicks in and makes a crackling sound

If I remember right I think those are the worst issues I saw.

I was surprised my car was delivered only with version 35.103 software..... When I turn it on it'll say its checking for software updates, but then says my car software is up-to-date which is surprising?

That said, loving the car.

Last edited: