Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess this is primarily a US thread but i wonder if anyone has any info on the Stealth TM3 in Europe, specifically Germany and how to get one?

I did go into a Tesla showroom in Munich but they weren't so helpful, they said they do come up and should just reserve a normal Model 3 online and then see what comes through. I don't really want to go through ordering a car I don't want and hoping the one I do just pops up.

Cheers

I guess this is primarily a US thread but i wonder if anyone has any info on the Stealth TM3 in Europe, specifically Germany and how to get one?

I did go into a Tesla showroom in Munich but they weren't so helpful, they said they do come up and should just reserve a normal Model 3 online and then see what comes through. I don't really want to go through ordering a car I don't want and hoping the one I do just pops up.

Cheers
I don't think you necessarily have to order any m3 to get the stealth. You can just keep calling and asking if there is one available and if there is they can send you a link to purchase.

Cheers

Here in Norway they usually show up on inventory on their homepage when the ship is in transit to Europe. The stealth also came in different versions here, one with 500kg towing and one with 1000kg.

I'm starting to get nervous about 2019 delivery.

Ordered a "pre-production" stealth through an email link from a SA on 11/27.

Still no VIN assigned.
No VIN in the source yet.

The email link I used to reserve the car had a VIN but don't know if that's the actual VIN or just a place holder.

Haven't been asked to submit payment yet either.

Same here... ordered MSM Stealth w/ 19's on 11/27 via link from SA here in Austin. Fingers crossed for delivery by year end but lack of communication is making it hard to stay optimistic.

Same here... ordered MSM Stealth w/ 19's on 11/27 via link from SA here in Austin. Fingers crossed for delivery by year end but lack of communication is making it hard to stay optimistic.

I'm in TX also. Here's my timeline:

12/15: Order placed
12/17: Order modified to Stealth
12/18: VIN matched
12/22: MVPA ready
12/24: Fully paid

Now just waiting for vehicle production/delivery.

Here in Norway they usually show up on inventory on their homepage when the ship is in transit to Europe. The stealth also came in different versions here, one with 500kg towing and one with 1000kg.

OK, seems that I just have to monitor the inventory page, it seems a bit hit and miss and I am sure the stealth variant is in high demand.

Actually it would be great if they had some sort of notification system that would notify you when any new cars appeared online.

I’d be calling Fremont right now, or when they open. Hopefully they can give you some compensation some how of the $1,875 if they don’t fulfill their promise.i have a friend who ordered an AWD just about the same time you did and they got it delivered within 2 1/2 weeks. But stealth, if that is what you ordered, could be a different ballgame.

We're taking delivery this evening.

Our original order was not going to be delivered but they found a Stealth for us in Houston and had it shipped to San Antonio yesterday.

We originally ordered white exterior (free) with the intention of having the car wrapped. The one being delivered it black.

We balked at paying the $1,000 for black paint so they agreed to give us a $500 credit.

While not 100% ideal, I think it's fair considering the cost of the car has gone up $500 since we ordered in November.

We'll probably end up keeping the car black and doing a chrome delete. The aero caps will be removed immediately!

Can you still place an order for stealth? What’s the difference in build between stealth and adding the 2k performance unlock for existing AWD owners?

Difference in build are: 980 rear motor in the Stealth if your LR-AWD was produced after March 2019. Red underline badge. 2020 stealths have VIN as Performance models. Some say the inverters are also different on the Performance models, but no evidence of that yet as I recall.

Other differences: 0.5 secs difference in 0-60. Track mode. Smugness in knowing you own a Stealth...j/k.

Can you still place an order for stealth? What’s the difference in build between stealth and adding the 2k performance unlock for existing AWD owners?

Obviously there are tons of discussions on these forums and the internet in general about Model 3 Performance Stealth that answer all your questions but in general, and based on my understanding:

You can not order a Model 3 Performance Stealth your self. A Tesla Sales Advisor needs to find one for you, either in their existing inventory or find a pre-production car. Based on multiple reports from people talking with Sales Advisors, Tesla is not producing any new Model 3 Performance Stealth cars at the moment (this might change in the future). So your best chance at this point is for Tesla to find you an inventory car.

Tesla Model 3 Performance Stealth is a Model 3 Performance car without the Performance Upgrade package. That is without the following: 20-inch wheels, upgraded brakes with larger red calipers, a rear spoiler, aluminum pedals and lowered suspension. Other than that, it is the same as a Model 3 Performance, including the same motors and the same software unlocks. 0-60 3.2 secs

The main differences between a Model 3 Performance Stealth and a Model 3 AWD with the Acceleration Boost upgrade is a) different rear motors (different part numbers, but there is debate if there is any difference in performance capabilities between the two motors), b) different software unlocks (0-60 3.9 secs for the Model 3 AWD with the Acceleration Boost upgrade and no Track Mode)

In general, if you plan on getting the Acceleration Boost upgrade on a Model 3 AWD car, there are 0 reasons not to buy a Model 3 Performance Stealth (if you find one). You get a faster car for the same price.

(for the more experienced members, if I missed or misrepresented anything please correct me)

• Informative
Reactions: house9 and MXWing
With 200 people waiting in line to try and buy a car before midnight, I’m guessing they sold out of all of the remaining inventory of Stealth cars. Hopefully they will build more next year but they never announce when the next batch is planned for. You just have to follow the forums here or stay in touch with a sales advisor.

To anyone at Marina Del Rey considering buying the Midnight grey/white interior with VIN ending in 69 that was just entered into inventory, please beware there were several dents all over the vehicle one of which will require body work and new paint to fully correct. Don’t let them fool you buying saying it’s a simple fix with a due bill. Unless of course you don’t mind having a new $65k car needing body work.

The main differences between a Model 3 Performance Stealth and a Model 3 AWD with the Acceleration Boost upgrade is a) different rear motors (different part numbers, but there is debate if there is any difference in performance capabilities between the two motors),

I don't think there's actually debate here?

If all AWD rear motors were 980, Tesla could offer Stealth upgrade to all AWD. Since 990 was released, they can only offer the .5 Accel boost as the lowest common denominator upgrade path for owners.