Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So today’s price for base LR AWD is ~$49k. If stealth was $2k more in the recent past, then that puts it at 51k.

2018 stealth was $64k with $7,500 IRS incentive and then $5k back for giving up FUSC. Which puts that at $51.5k. So I guess $2k more for stealth recently is really the same thing as it was originally.

Is my math right?

So today’s price for base LR AWD is ~$49k. If stealth was $2k more in the recent past, then that puts it at 51k.

2018 stealth was $64k with $7,500 IRS incentive and then $5k back for giving up FUSC. Which puts that at $51.5k. So I guess $2k more for stealth recently is really the same thing as it was originally.

Is my math right?

Sounds about right. In November when I got my stealth, the LR-AWD was 48K, so plus 2K made it 50, but still had the 1875 tax credit...making it a little over 48K. For me there was also an additional California rebate of 2.5K for purchases before Dec 3.

your SA must have screwed up and/or lied to you... i ordered 12/3 (but with 18s) and received the car 12/18. when my SA sent me the link to order the car, the VIN was part of the link. the VIN never changed.

By Tesla's definition, if it's in pre-production that means it has a VIN and is scheduled to be produced in a few days, maybe a week. Did you check your source code for a VIN? I switched my order on 11/20. The VIN immediately showed up in the source code. I took delivery on 11/27 in Fremont.

The original order page had a VIN but unfortunately, it never showed up in my account or source code.

Hey man,

I canceled my order and got a refund. My SA ended up contacting Fremont to see what's going on. The pre-production 602 VIN they assigned me is never going to be built as it missed the batch of Stealths back built last December. I don't think you'll ever get a VIN from your November order.

As for Stealths in the future: with the $2k software AWD LR unlock it wouldn't make sense for them to build it anymore.

I'm going to stick with my BMW M3. It's a great car and I get random people giving me thumbs up all the time...

My current vehicle is paid off so I decided to be patient, wait it out a bit and hope that they deliver what I ordered even if it takes until March. Now that 12/31 has come and gone, the pressure of the tax credit is off. Should things not work out on a stealth, might consider switching to a Performance Model Y. Sounds like production will start up any time now and they tend to prioritize the Performance models. Wouldn't mind the 20's as much on the Y since the tires will be a little bigger and I won't have to worry about every little bump and pothole. Might also be a better fit for our 120 lb mastiff with the lift gate and more headroom.

I was at Tesla in Tampa today and test drove a Model 3 and asked about Stealth/sleeper Model 3. The sales person indicated “in late Dec” a change was made and you will now be able to add performance upgrade to Dual Motor Long range AWD after delivery for $2k. In fact he said you will be able to do it on the mobile app.

Now I have no idea how this works with the different motors on the performance bs non-performance models.

I hope his information was accurate.

I was at Tesla in Tampa today and test drove a Model 3 and asked about Stealth/sleeper Model 3. The sales person indicated “in late Dec” a change was made and you will now be able to add performance upgrade to Dual Motor Long range AWD after delivery for $2k. In fact he said you will be able to do it on the mobile app.

Now I have no idea how this works with the different motors on the performance bs non-performance models.

Ok. Im an idiot sorry so this software upgrade is not the same as a stealth/sleeper model since the motors on the rear may not be 980. So the software upgrade is not as good of a deal as a true stealth.

I’m sorry I had read back several pages to see this was addressed.

The original order page had a VIN but unfortunately, it never showed up in my account or source code.

My current vehicle is paid off so I decided to be patient, wait it out a bit and hope that they deliver what I ordered even if it takes until March. Now that 12/31 has come and gone, the pressure of the tax credit is off. Should things not work out on a stealth, might consider switching to a Performance Model Y. Sounds like production will start up any time now and they tend to prioritize the Performance models. Wouldn't mind the 20's as much on the Y since the tires will be a little bigger and I won't have to worry about every little bump and pothole. Might also be a better fit for our 120 lb mastiff with the lift gate and more headroom.

I assume you have a deposit on a Model Y?

Tesla is saying production will start “late 2020”. Someone just toured the plant and said the Model Y production line just started getting built.

not the same.

I hate to be pessimistic here but it seems highly unlikely that Tesla would offer any more Stealth models for only $2K above the price of an AWD model when they are now offering the software boosted upgrade for the same $2K. The stealth models were likely taking business away from the Performance models so the AWD with boost was most likely the compromise to keep AWD owners happy without taking any further business away from the Performance trim.

Reactions: yerEVan
SA told me today none in inventory, none planned, but she hopes they do another run... Looks like I will just settle for accel boosted AWD, as I don't want to wait for a maybe.

You can easily change the order if Stealths become available. Since you are in CA, you probably won't get your ordered car until the beginning of March. If Tesla does a Stealth production run again this quarter, they will probably do it at the beginning of North American production, probably in the middle of February. So you would have a two or three week window.

Keep checking back in the forum, as the moment Stealths show up for orders someone will post here. That's what happened to me, and I was literally heading out to the same mall as a Tesla showroom that day. This was on 11/20. I changed the order, and seven days later took delivery on 11/27 in Fremont.

Reactions: SteveS1979
For anyone looking to find the old "off-menu" Stealth Performance Model 3, Tesla just updated their Model 3 pricing to include an option to buy the "Stealth" version of the Model 3 Performance straight from their website. However, it now costs the exact same price as the regular Performance 3. Tesla will almost certainly stop offering Stealth 3's for the $2k upgrade on top of the LR AWD. Apologies to prospective buyers but congrats to everyone here who was able to snag a Stealth before the price increase. Your car is now worth $6.5k more (not including tax rebates from last year).

Yeah, some rather odd changes. For the full on P version, you get a choice if you want the larger wheels and brakes, along with the pedal, lower suspension and track mode. That choice is free, and speaks to buyers who wanted the performance stats without being force to take the larger wheels.

So yeah, the Stealth option is there, but it now has an $8k premium and (apparently) lacks track mode.

I wonder if current Stealth owners will have track mode removed in future updates.

I wonder if current Stealth owners will have track mode removed in future updates.

Can't take away something they already sold to previous Stealth owners. I don't even think it's confirmed yet that Track Mode will be missing from the new Stealths. There is some ambiguous wording on the website, won't know until someone takes delivery in a couple months.

Saw this thread bumped, got my hopes up... Read the post and cried a little.

Oh well, LR AWD with acl bst it is!

Sorry about that, but wanted to make sure anyone else who came along had the most up to date info.