Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my LR AWD on 1/20 and at the time I wasn't too worried about the waiting mostly because this Model3 will replace my current commuter (2018 VW GTI). UNFORTUNATELY I have now spend countless hours watching YouTube videos and I am now checking for my Vin everyday too :mad::mad:

Anyhow my SA said that I should expect the car sometime in March and the latest text I got was 2-5 weeks for the car to be ready. I do live like 20 min from the Fremont factory too lol.

On a side note this is the second time I am waiting for a custom build. The last time was for my BMW M3 and I must say that the process was much better since you could really follow on the build progress and even track the ship carrying you car.

Anyway I am really excited and can't wait to finally drive it!!

Reactions: E Dizzle
This ordering process has been the craziest, most unorganized process ever, just crazy. It's a good thing the cars are so exciting because the customer service is still going through some serious growing pains. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited about the car and in a very strange way it sort of adds to the adventure. Also nothing I didn't expect after watching the YouTube channel "Rich Rebuilds" and his incredibly entertaining used model X buying fiasco. If you haven't seen it and have some YouTube time to kill it's very entertaining (link at the bottom). Anyway, here's my epic saga so far:
-Ordered LR AWD, Red, January 18th, website said 8-10 weeks.
-Received an email from my advisor same day, sent him an email with a couple questions, no response. Sent it again a couple days later, no response, again, no response, again no response, then he finally responded.
-Jan 23rd generic text from Tesla car ready in 3-8 weeks
-Feb 6th another text ready in 2-5 weeks
- Feb 7th I sent a text to my sales advisor because email was a bust before, thought maybe text would be better. I asked if I picked it up at the factory would I get it faster. No reply, ever.
-Feb 12th I call the delivery center, spoke to someone in the delivery dept because the sales people are notoriously no help, he looks up my order number and says the car will be there mid to late next week. He also said picking it up at the factory would only save a day or two.
-the next day, Feb 13th, another text from tesla, estimated delivery 2-4 weeks
-tonight just for fun I look on the website for new model 3's and a bunch are up for sale and in my same configuration. WTH, I'll bite and throw down another $100 deposit in the hopes it actually exists.
-The car I reserved tonight is magically $2,000 more than the exact one I previously reserved and the price break downs are identical. For the life of me I can't figure out where they're coming up with the extra $2K.
Looking forward to seeing what comes of this tomorrow! I'm guessing the 2nd car I bought online tonight actually doesn't exist but who knows, maybe I'll end up with a new car soon!

Rich Rebuilds Model X YouTube saga (I have no affiliation)

Yeah, I just found there are also tons of new cars in bay area, I'm kind of mad because why they list those cars for people to buy instead of first delivering them to the people who have waited for months...?
My guess is they don’t line up with what ppl have ordered. There’s a blue performance like the one I ordered but black interior. I’m contemplating changing up my car order to be a performance 3 without the upgrades...

Tesla added a ton of new cars yesterday (X,S and 3) and had thousands of price changes. The email and SMS alerts were on fire all day yesterday.

Also, they are being added and being sold very quickly. I can hardly keep up with all the new cars being added and then disappearing so quickly.

Each SMS message EV-CPO sends out has a small, real cost, and boy oh boy, did I burn through a lot of SMS alerts yesterday.

My guess is they don’t line up with what ppl have ordered. There’s a blue performance like the one I ordered but black interior. I’m contemplating changing up my car order to be a performance 3 without the upgrades...

This isn't true in my case... currently in phx area, there are 5 in inventory of the LR AWD MSM, black interior, no FSD, aero wheels... which is my exact order I placed on 2/11. I'm not too worried about it as they did move my delivery date up to 3-6 weeks yesterday, and I can wait... but still, seems odd.

This isn't true in my case... currently in phx area, there are 5 in inventory of the LR AWD MSM, black interior, no FSD, aero wheels... which is my exact order I placed on 2/11. I'm not too worried about it as they did move my delivery date up to 3-6 weeks yesterday, and I can wait... but still, seems odd.
Maybe this is doesn’t line up with anyone in the delivery area of where the cars at? Yeah, still very odd.