Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the text to schedule delivery and did so. Still haven't officially received the VIN in my account and don't have an MVPA. Go figure.

Summary to update info:
-2/21 ordered white/black 18" Aero LR AWD, quoted 3-5 weeks for delivery
-3/5 VIN in source this morning
-3/18 scheduled delivery
-Waiting on MVPA, still no "official" VIN on Tesla's site

Exactly what I ordered on 2/12. Taking this as a good sign that these are the current batch being produced.

Sunday, 3/1 - Ordered M3 LR/AWD, Midnight Silver Metallic, Aero wheels, no FSD

Friday, 3/6 - Discovered VIN has been assigned! (I called Tesla because I saw several inbound M3 inventory cars coming to the Kansas City location and was considering swapping for one of those - Advisor checked and gave me my VIN!)

Saturday, 3//7 - Received text from Tesla saying my car was en-route to Kansas City and I could schedule an appointment to pick it up on 3/17/20!

WOW! So total time between placing the order and picking up the car will be 16 days! Might be a record for a Model 3...

And to make it even better, I discovered an amazing deal on a brand new Model S 2019 SR Raven Suspension at the same Tesla Dealer. $5500 discount, with only 169 miles on the car! Total price of $70k! So I ordered that one too, and will be picking BOTH new Teslas up on 3/17!

What a fun day that will be for both me and my wife!!!

I’m not sure if this accurate or just for MI or a sales move. I may have trouble making an out of state delivery on 3/20 and my sales person was worried that if I passed on this car I may not get one by the end of March. If that happens his information is that there may be a delay in getting another AWD until June or so based on other orders they will try to fill.

Anyone else hear this?

I’ve seen several people say the same thing. If you can’t make one of the appointment times given, you’re out of luck. It’s worrying because my wife and I both have jobs that would put many people out if we don’t show up. We can’t just call in.

Holding out hope it will either be a day off or evening.

ANYONE who has purchased a Tesla in LOUISIANA please help..... This is the most frustrating experience ever buying a vehicle ------- I would so much more prefer spending an afternoon in a dealership with *sugar* salesmen / finance people then this........

"Because of the extensive operating and sales regulations of Tesla vehicles in Texas, I assure you that waiting for your vehicle to arrive to us in Nashville is the best option for you. The vehicle you sent in the screenshot below (as well as all others you’re seeing there) are delegated to the Houston market, however, they are required to remain physically outside of state lines until a customer has purchased and fully paid for the vehicle. At that point, transportation can be planned and the vehicle can be brought in to Texas for final inspections, wash and detail, and ultimately, your pick up appointment. Because of the regulations, we cannot issue temporary tags for vehicles delivered from our Texas locations.

We expect your vehicle to arrive to our Nashville location within the next week for the same inspection/wash/detail process, and will then plan to transport it to your home. This time frame will likely be approximately the same as it would be to locate the vehicles stationed outside of Texas to the Houston location. We will also be able to issue you a temporary tag if your vehicle is delivered from our Tennessee location, so that you can legally drive your vehicle until you are able to register it.

Please let me know if you still wish to switch to a Texas vehicle, and I hope this explanation helps."

It is so hard waiting for delivery. Especially compared to driving one home off the lot. You are caught up in the Dealer vs Tesla battle which is unfortunate. Those Texas dealers are politically strong.

On the bright side, Telsa appears to be offering home delivery which is a great option. The Dallas Lexus dealer used to deliver cars to me in Louisiana back in the day.

Ordered on Feb 8th , took delivery yesterday March 7th. At NJ’s newest Tesla Store. I wasn’t happy with the guy who assisted us with our delivery, he didn’t seem into it and I think I knew more about the car than him. I had to keep asking him how to do this and that and in return assistance was kind of unwillingly

White on white, 19 inch wheels, no FSD, updated to version 2020.4.2 last night

My car had several defects, will post pics later
  1. Small paint defects on both rear wheels wells, had them touch it up. Very minor
  2. Black smudges here and there on the interior, minor
  3. The light on the rear passenger side that sits forward of the brake light was pushed in causing the pointy end of brake light to stick out. Not minor, they set up a replacement.
  4. The biggest issue I found and unfortunately did not notice till I got home. The window on the rear passenger side is so out of alignment that when you close the door the glass on the rear side hits the glass of the small quarter window and with a bang of glass on glass. Thankfully the windows didn’t break because I had to close it several times to troubleshoot and find where it was hitting

Last edited:
I placed my order on March 1st and was told 5-8 weeks for delivery. On March 5th I received my VIN and was offered delivery March 10-12.

I'm thrilled to get it sooner but it came at a bad time time. I'm away on business for the dates offered and given the short notice I can't reschedule my trip. The delivery advisor is trying to work out an extension but has suggested it's unlikely he will be able to.

It's a little frustrating to be told minimum 5 weeks when in reality it's less than 2, and I get only 1 week notice for an appointment that can't be rescheduled. What happens if I can't make it for the dates they offered?