Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

I asked my SA this same question and she said:

We can not add it before delivery. It is considered a modification which is why it must happen afterwards.

Oh well. Although I do want the acceleration boost upgrade, now that it can't be added before delivery I thought I'd drive the car for a couple of weeks then add the upgrade so I would hopefully be impressed with the difference.
Accel boost is a modification that can't be added before delivery, but FSD can be added before delivery? That's strange.

I asked my SA this same question and she said:

We can not add it before delivery. It is considered a modification which is why it must happen afterwards.

Oh well. Although I do want the acceleration boost upgrade, now that it can't be added before delivery I thought I'd drive the car for a couple of weeks then add the upgrade so I would hopefully be impressed with the difference.
It's probably be better to just save the 2k and use a cc for rewards, then pay it off

Reactions: P-Lo801
I got my 2-4 week delivery estimate text just now and that they'll contact me for delivery date once the car starts shipping to my SC...no idea if it even means anything other than that maybe my car is fully built and waiting to be batch shipped with others (still no vin), but I guess I'll get it before end of 3rd quarter

ordered 8/22 white/black int 18" aeros
Chicago Highland Park

Last edited:
I'm in Southern, CA too. I wonder if It's actually 1-3 weeks for me instead of 2-4. Hmmmm. Ordered 8/14

I am in Orange, County which is only 90 miles North of San Diego.. I would think your order time would be very similar. I ordered a White LR AWD, Black Interior, 19" Sport Wheels and No FSD. I received the text message at 11:09AM this morning.

• Love
Reactions: Alura
I am in Orange, County which is only 90 miles North of San Diego.. I would think your order time would be very similar. I ordered a White LR AWD, Black Interior, 19" Sport Wheels and No FSD. I received the text message at 11:09AM this morning.
Ordered July 17
Got VIN August 24
Got text to mace reservation August 25
Delivery scheduled September 10
Ohio

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC