Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
75% of the cars that have been available in stock in the Pittsburgh/Cleveland area the past 3-4 weeks have had white interior, so I’m not sure about white interior being the holdup.
My advisor told me that a big batch of the new builds with white interiors were headed for the east coast, but they managed to divert one for me (Oregon). That might explain why supply seems to be loosening up back east.

On my way to my delivery appointment this morning! I’m ridiculously excited. :)

LR AWD, Blue/White, FSD, 18” Aeros. Ordered 4/30, site said two weeks, advisor said it would be more like 4-6 weeks. Settled in for the wait, but got my delivery notice and VIN on 5/5, and here I am 10 days after ordering, picking it up.

I feel really lucky, considering the wait some people have had. I hope this means production is picking back up for North America after the big load of deliveries for Europe. My advisor said there was a large batch of cars recently, mostly headed to the east coast, but they managed to divert one my way (Portland, OR area).
Just got home from my delivery appointment, and taking my wife to lunch. So, so happy. The car is beautiful, and I'm really glad I went for the blue/white.

Only issues noted at delivery were what appeared to be a scratch on the front bumper (but was some kind of residue that came off easily) and a small (.5 inch) scratch on the passenger door sill, which the detail shop fixed before I left.

I couldn't stop grinning all the way home (I still can't). My wife happened to be recording video when I first tested the acceleration. I was cackling madly, and she let out a string of expletives. :)

Autopilot calibration completed on the way home (less than 10 miles). My delivery advisor said that it would usually complete in 5 minutes if you drove in the middle lane of a highway, with lots of cars moving around you. It certainly happened quicker than I thought it would. I briefly tested autopilot, and it worked like a charm (our other vehicle has lane keeping and adaptive cruise control, so I'm already pretty familiar with how those work).

When I got home, there was a brief moment of panic as I wasn't sure it was going to fit in my garage! It does fit, but barely, and I need to modify a workbench at the back of the garage to give myself a little more room. Tested charging with our JuiceBox EVSE and the J1772 adapter, and it worked fine (charges at 40 amp, the max the JuiceBox is rated for). I also installed the Nomad wireless phone charger, installed a 128GB USB drive for dashcam/sentry mode, and a nice little console tray I ordered that has a cutout for the J1772 charger (which I wanted to be more accessible, since I'm going to be using it for a while until I get a Wall Connector installed).

Overall, it's been an amazing day! For those still waiting, I know you're probably tired of hearing this, but it is SO worth the wait. I hope you receive yours soon, and that your delivery experience goes smoothly!

Here's a picture of me and Friday (the name I picked for the car):

Just got home from my delivery appointment, and taking my wife to lunch. So, so happy. The car is beautiful, and I'm really glad I went for the blue/white.

Only issues noted at delivery were what appeared to be a scratch on the front bumper (but was some kind of residue that came off easily) and a small (.5 inch) scratch on the passenger door sill, which the detail shop fixed before I left.

I couldn't stop grinning all the way home (I still can't). My wife happened to be recording video when I first tested the acceleration. I was cackling madly, and she let out a string of expletives. :)

Autopilot calibration completed on the way home (less than 10 miles). My delivery advisor said that it would usually complete in 5 minutes if you drove in the middle lane of a highway, with lots of cars moving around you. It certainly happened quicker than I thought it would. I briefly tested autopilot, and it worked like a charm (our other vehicle has lane keeping and adaptive cruise control, so I'm already pretty familiar with how those work).

When I got home, there was a brief moment of panic as I wasn't sure it was going to fit in my garage! It does fit, but barely, and I need to modify a workbench at the back of the garage to give myself a little more room. Tested charging with our JuiceBox EVSE and the J1772 adapter, and it worked fine (charges at 40 amp, the max the JuiceBox is rated for). I also installed the Nomad wireless phone charger, installed a 128GB USB drive for dashcam/sentry mode, and a nice little console tray I ordered that has a cutout for the J1772 charger (which I wanted to be more accessible, since I'm going to be using it for a while until I get a Wall Connector installed).

Overall, it's been an amazing day! For those still waiting, I know you're probably tired of hearing this, but it is SO worth the wait. I hope you receive yours soon, and that your delivery experience goes smoothly!

Here's a picture of me and Friday (the name I picked for the car):

WOW!!! That's awesome congratulations! Hoping that'll be the same smile on my face tomorrow!

Ordered a SR+ on May 1st, but decided to upgrade to LR AWD (Blue/Black/19" Wheels) a few days later. I just called Tesla and was told the car has been assigned and has been 'Factory Gated' in California and is awaiting transit to Canada. The guy I spoke with wouldn't give me a VIN over the phone because he said sometimes shipments to Canada get delayed at customs so a different vehicle may get assigned if the shipment is held up. While he wouldn't give me hard dates, he said its possible the shipment is received in Canada mid-next week and the car may be ready for delivery the week after. Not quite the "within 2 weeks', but WAY better than late June as some people have mentioned.

Kind of frustrating to see others with the same build receive their cars weeks after putting in your configuration. Do they not ship based on a queue order?

No, they do not. It seems to also depend on your location (perhaps they wait for a "full truck" or prioritize certain markets or only allot a certain number of vehicles to each so you're in a queue within your area)? I could have sworn they shipped FSD orders before non-FSD ones, though some people who ordered after me and received before me were also non-FSD. It's really not very transparent.

The good news is, when people nearby with similar color/trim configs started getting delivery dates, it wasn't TOO long before I did as well. So hang in there!

Reactions: ColoradoFun
Ordered a SR+ on May 1st, but decided to upgrade to LR AWD (Blue/Black/19" Wheels) a few days later. I just called Tesla and was told the car has been assigned and has been 'Factory Gated' in California and is awaiting transit to Canada. The guy I spoke with wouldn't give me a VIN over the phone because he said sometimes shipments to Canada get delayed at customs so a different vehicle may get assigned if the shipment is held up. While he wouldn't give me hard dates, he said its possible the shipment is received in Canada mid-next week and the car may be ready for delivery the week after. Not quite the "within 2 weeks', but WAY better than late June as some people have mentioned.

Well, just like that a delivery date showed up on my file... no VIN, but delivery scheduled for the 22nd. 15 days after the order was modified to the AWD. Fingers crossed on the import process.

I ordered a LR AWD 3 in Midnight Silver Metallic/Black Interior/18” Aero wheels on May 1 with a 2 week delivery estimate. It’s disappointing to still have no delivery date or VIN. I’m now told they have to produce one for me at the factory and it will be up to 4-5 weeks after my order was placed. I had hoped Tesla would have a better handle on their manufacture and delivery chain being a direct to customer model without dealers. I guess I put too much trust in the 2 week estimate and talk of getting one quickly from stock at the store. I am painfully readjusting my delivery timeline expectations.

No, they do not. It seems to also depend on your location (perhaps they wait for a "full truck" or prioritize certain markets or only allot a certain number of vehicles to each so you're in a queue within your area)? I could have sworn they shipped FSD orders before non-FSD ones, though some people who ordered after me and received before me were also non-FSD. It's really not very transparent.

The good news is, when people nearby with similar color/trim configs started getting delivery dates, it wasn't TOO long before I did as well. So hang in there!

I thought FSD was just a software switch. Technically all cars are FSD capable

Reactions: torontohm3wait
I ordered a LR AWD 3 in Midnight Silver Metallic/Black Interior/18” Aero wheels on May 1 with a 2 week delivery estimate. It’s disappointing to still have no delivery date or VIN. I’m now told they have to produce one for me at the factory and it will be up to 4-5 weeks after my order was placed. I had hoped Tesla would have a better handle on their manufacture and delivery chain being a direct to customer model without dealers. I guess I put too much trust in the 2 week estimate and talk of getting one quickly from stock at the store. I am painfully readjusting my delivery timeline expectations.

Welcome! And I'm in total agreement. I had an agonizing couple weeks of waiting with "no news" until there were a rash of delivery dates in the same part of the country for the same trim that gave me hope.

I did find that if I called the local service center every day, someone could look through their non-public inventory and propose some available cars. They had some mileage on them with at most modest discounts (at the time), and a grab bag of colors, so I didn't end up taking one. But it may be worth calling like that if you'd like the opportunity to get one ASAP. As well as watching the inventory site; if you find a matching inventory car that's in a location a bit farther away, you could consider paying extra for shipping (or find another way to get there and drive it home) to get one ASAP. You should be in range of the NYC/NJ/Philly/DC centers (maybe even Boston), so there's potentially a lot to draw on.

I ordered a LR AWD Model 3, black/black, 18” wheels on 5/6 and haven’t heard as much as a whisper yet. My sales advisor told me that every effort to be made to get me into my new car soonest has been made and essentially that all I can do now is wait.

I am on the east coast. Anyone have any estimation as to when I will take delivery? Still no VIN assigned and 2 week delivery estimation. A bit ridiculous they can’t tell their customer the actual status of their order after they drop $2,500 to place the order.

Will calling on a daily basis do any good? Who should I call if so?

I ordered a LR AWD Model 3, black/black, 18” wheels on 5/6 and haven’t heard as much as a whisper yet. My sales advisor told me that every effort to be made to get me into my new car soonest has been made and essentially that all I can do now is wait.

I am on the east coast. Anyone have any estimation as to when I will take delivery? Still no VIN assigned and 2 week delivery estimation. A bit ridiculous they can’t tell their customer the actual status of their order after they drop $2,500 to place the order.

Will calling on a daily basis do any good? Who should I call if so?

Welcome. I found a sales person at a local service center who was willing to take my calls every day. She checked the non-public inventory on my behalf and normally found a car to propose. They ended up not being the right color/mileage/price combo for me (particularly since I'd get HW3 by waiting for a new build), but it was fantastic to get some options instead of just waiting in silence.

FWIW there was an AWD black/black in inventory at the Springfield service center this morning, but it seems to have gone off the list (sold, I assume). So there is hope that it won't be a tremendous wait, but I don't think anyone can give you a firm ETA until Tesla does.

"]I ordered a LR AWD Model 3, black/black, 18” wheels on 5/6 and haven’t heard as much as a whisper yet. My sales advisor told me that every effort to be made to get me into my new car soonest has been made and essentially that all I can do now is wait.

I am on the east coast. Anyone have any estimation as to when I will take delivery? Still no VIN assigned and 2 week delivery estimation. A bit ridiculous they can’t tell their customer the actual status of their order after they drop $2,500 to place the order."

I ordered the exact car on May 1st for delivery in Pittsburgh and haven't heard a thing yet either.

"]I ordered a LR AWD Model 3, black/black, 18” wheels on 5/6 and haven’t heard as much as a whisper yet. My sales advisor told me that every effort to be made to get me into my new car soonest has been made and essentially that all I can do now is wait.

I am on the east coast. Anyone have any estimation as to when I will take delivery? Still no VIN assigned and 2 week delivery estimation. A bit ridiculous they can’t tell their customer the actual status of their order after they drop $2,500 to place the order."

I ordered the exact car on May 1st for delivery in Pittsburgh and haven't heard a thing yet either.

Looks like there are three of us waiting on this config. Ordered 5/3. I would imagine adding some kind of "where's it at" tracker would be feasible; most chain Pizza places do it after all. I did call the delivery center earlier today, apparently there is an '18 model in Plano, TX. But no discount is available on that one at the moment and he even suggested that I didn't want that one.