Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how are some of you ordering cars now and your vins are "old" (new?), meaning, i ordered my car April 30th and had it May 4th with a vin in the 361xxx range. msm, black, no fsd with aeros. i am assuming based on these threads i got very lucky because my order was placed just as a shipment of "stock" cars came in and this matched what i wanted and happened to be less than an hour from me. but besides the luck, wouldnt new orders have later VINs?

how are some of you ordering cars now and your vins are "old" (new?), meaning, i ordered my car April 30th and had it May 4th with a vin in the 361xxx range. msm, black, no fsd with aeros. i am assuming based on these threads i got very lucky because my order was placed just as a shipment of "stock" cars came in and this matched what i wanted and happened to be less than an hour from me. but besides the luck, wouldnt new orders have later VINs?

Not necessarily. I ordered mine the 1st week of April, received it 4/19, and have a VIN in the 211xxx range. It’s also an April 2019 build, according to the door sticker.

So no, VIN range isn’t really a good indicator of “new” or “old”. I think (and this is just conjecture) they’re assigned to configuration type.

Mine is LR AWD/Pearl White/Black Interior/18 Aero/FSD. VIN range 211xxx. Same as Gadgetboyea above, who ordered a month later but is in the same 211xxx range. They’re twins; and the VINs seem to reflect that.

Reactions: Gadgetboyea
Not necessarily. I ordered mine the 1st week of April, received it 4/19, and have a VIN in the 211xxx range. It’s also an April 2019 build, according to the door sticker.

So no, VIN range isn’t really a good indicator of “new” or “old”. I think (and this is just conjecture) they’re assigned to configuration type.

Mine is LR AWD/Pearl White/Black Interior/18 Aero/FSD. VIN range 211xxx. Same as Gadgetboyea above, who ordered a month later but is in the same 211xxx range. They’re twins; and the VINs seem to reflect that.

Im the same as you two I got my vin Saturday, pearl/black aero LR AWD FSD vin is 211xxx! Triplets!

Hi gang, Oakville, ON pickup - I ordered 3/17 and finally today received confirmation my car is ready. They wanted to deliver Thursday but I am away and have to postpone a few days. The wait is (almost!) over.

White exterior/black interior
19 wheels

I have “old pricing” before the 3% hike but I don’t have the now-included autopilot. I have done some slight reading about folks having it added for free?! Will definitely have to get more info, anyone have any tips where to look? That’s wild. Also saw the colours went down in price since I ordered, oh well.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Reactions: torontohm3wait
Best car ever!!!!

Originally meant to be delivered on 05/10 - was delayed (3 days) due to transit issues.

First ordered on the 05/04
Long Range AWD, black/white premium interior and full self driving.
Build date 05/05
Delivered 05/13

Super happy, did a thorough inspection with no issues. Delivery was smooth and professional.

8B852A1F-6A83-4B84-A782-2663F37687F2.jpeg
35A29A23-277C-4D22-BB84-E6D8D6AA0897.jpeg

Reactions: N.Y.R. and jboles
Best car ever!!!!

Originally meant to be delivered on 05/10 - was delayed (3 days) due to transit issues.

First ordered on the 05/04
Long Range AWD, black/white premium interior and full self driving.
Build date 05/05
Delivered 05/13

Super happy, did a thorough inspection with no issues. Delivery was smooth and professional.

View attachment 407788 View attachment 407789

Super fast!!! Beautiful

Local inventory went from 0 yesterday to 16 today. Looks like every dealership received a lot of black cars which goes along with the fact that they produce a certain color at a time. Funny thing is I still have no VIN but it shows my dealership with 4 vehicles that are exact matches, so hopefully i get a call today.

Local inventory went from 0 yesterday to 16 today. Looks like every dealership received a lot of black cars which goes along with the fact that they produce a certain color at a time. Funny thing is I still have no VIN but it shows my dealership with 4 vehicles that are exact matches, so hopefully i get a call today.

I certainly hope so - looks like a lot of new vehicles were 'delivered' overnight. My local SC has 2 which match my exact specs. No VIN for me so far. I certainly hope I get an assignment today.

Interestingly, I had called the local SC yesterday afternoon and was told they do not know when they will receive any cars matching my spec. Does the inventory site (https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/index.php) show what has been assigned to a SC or what is actually at a dealership?

Interestingly, I had called the local SC yesterday afternoon and was told they do not know when they will receive any cars matching my spec. Does the inventory site (https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/index.php) show what has been assigned to a SC or what is actually at a dealership?

It's hard to say, exactly. The car locations are in the data feed direct from Tesla. If that means they are actually at those locations, or they are in-transport to those locations, or just 'assigned' to those locations, is anyone's guess. But my guess would be those cars are either at those locations already (most likely), or will be very soon.

It's hard to say, exactly. The car locations are in the data feed direct from Tesla. If that means they are actually at those locations, or they are in-transport to those locations, or just 'assigned' to those locations, is anyone's guess. But my guess would be those cars are either at those locations already (most likely), or will be very soon.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I certainly hope one of them has my name on it :). Time will tell

Just called my delivery center.... I'm still set for a delivery sometime around first week of June as I requested when I placed my March order. They said they could do it even sooner if I wanted... super tempting, but I've waiting this long so should be able to survive another 3 weeks.

He basically said the reason it's not an issue is because my build is so popular... LR AWD MSM w/ 19" wheels