Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got word today that my White with Black interior FSD is on a truck on the way to the east coast. Earliest pickup option they gave me is in 8 days. This will mean it will take 27 days from order to delivery. For planning purposes, they said within 2 weeks when I ordered.

Reading the last few posts it seems that FSD option is delaying cars past 2-2.5 week delivery.
I would like to also make an observation. Orders for 2 to 3 weeks ago, it seems as east coast is getting shipped out first because of longer shipping time and us westerners will get notified once our cars prepare for their 1/2 to 1 day journey. Just my assumption based on very little evidence to help with my high levels of anxiety. Fingers crossed for that text in the next couple days to receive delivery within 30 day financing window

Toronto, Canada order here:

M3 AWD LR, Midnight Silver paint, black interior, 18" aero wheels, no full self driving
Placed order on July 27, called Tesla on July 29 and got my VIN on July 29th: 393XXX range.

Was scheduled for pickup on Aug 8.
When I got the car, front door sticker says it was made 006/19 (which I assume is June 2019).
Mileage on odometer was 27km.

So 12 days between order and delivery.

Interestingly I looked at my autopilot/sentry mode video footage codec and it was encoded in: H264.
So that means i'm still on hardware 2.5, correct?

Questions:
-I'm reading thru past threads here and my delivery seems....fast? or is that average? (12 days).
-Is it normal that a late July 2019 order would get a June 2019 vehicle build? It just seems weird that this car was sitting in a warehouse somewhere for a month until my order.
-Is a June 2019 build with a 393XXX VIN range sound normal? I'm reading thru other threads and had expected a +400XXX VIN from June 2019.
-If I do have hardware 2.5 on my June 2019 build date...is that normal? I had thought all M3's built after May 2019 were on hardware 3.0?

M3 AWD LR, Midnight Silver paint, black interior, 18" aero wheels, no full self driving
Placed order on July 27, called Tesla on July 29 and got my VIN on July 29th: 393XXX range.

When I got the car, front door sticker says it was made 006/19 (which I assume is June 2019).

Interestingly I looked at my autopilot/sentry mode video footage codec and it was encoded in: H264.

Questions:
-I'm reading thru past threads here and my delivery seems....fast? or is that average? (12 days).
-Is it normal that a late July 2019 order would get a June 2019 vehicle build? It just seems weird that this car was sitting in a warehouse somewhere for a month until my order.
-Is a June 2019 build with a 393XXX VIN range sound normal? I'm reading thru other threads and had expected a +400XXX VIN from June 2019.
-If I do have hardware 2.5 on my June 2019 build date...is that normal? I had thought all M3's built after May 2019 were on hardware 3.0?
Sounds like they had one with your specs sitting in inventory somewhere before they brought it to you.

Update:
LR AWD, Pearl White/Black, 18", FSD
Ordered 7/28
VIN in source 8/19 (469***)
MVPA 8/20
Scheduled pickup (the week starting Monday 26th), so Saturday the 31st.
Tesla arranged an Enterprise rental car for me covering the car and the gas (it's about 240-270 miles from me to Tesla).

Side note 1 (for the Bulls): it looks like Tesla have built over 70K cars (at least 70+K VIN numbers) in 1-1/2 months or so... That would be impressive. Hope the quality control is somewhat still there …. I hope … I'll update after delivery....

Side note 2 (for the Bears): Tesla LIES! The estimated delivery time of 2 weeks turns into 4+ weeks. You have to be very lucky to get your car in 2 weeks. Some guys wait their Model 3 cars for over 900+ days.

Questions:

I was told if I was not set on White, I could get another color much quicker.

Ordered a Model 3 LR AWD Pearl White, 18" Aero and Black interior on August 11th. They didnt have the car on inventory and had to build it/ship it from Fremont. VIN was assigned on August 19th and Delivery is scheduled for August 25 at 1 PM ( exactly 2 weeks since delivery).

Excited for my first car.

Ordered a Model 3 LR AWD Pearl White, 18" Aero and Black interior on August 11th. They didnt have the car on inventory and had to build it/ship it from Fremont. VIN was assigned on August 19th and Delivery is scheduled for August 25 at 1 PM ( exactly 2 weeks since delivery).

Excited for my first car after getting my first job.
What state or region are you taking delivery? Wondering why I am not getting that same exact car when i ordered July 28th.

In my three Tesla orders, my observation is that FSD has no impact on time whatsoever (having ordered it before, during and after the initial order).

I've been hesitant to make any changes to my order because I don't want to rock the boat. I also understand that the tax credit phases out over a certain purchase price and the FSD takes it above that threshold for me. I can always add it afterward (Elon just tweeted that the price isn't going up for several more weeks).

Excited for my first car.

Ordered same car (Minnesota) on 8/13. VIN assigned today (8/20) and delivery on 8/27 - exactly 2 weeks.

Ordered same car (Minnesota) on 8/13. VIN assigned today (8/20) and delivery on 8/27 - exactly 2 weeks.
Okay.. for the delivery texts, eastcoast yesterday, uppermidwest today.. and hopefully some love in the western states tomorrow (Phoenix)???
Day 23 of complaining.. will check in tomorrow.
And if anyone sees this waiting for their white/black AWD.. any one receive vin or delivery text in AZ,CA, NV, UT, ID, CO, OR, WA?