Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the delivery center today and they had a VIN assigned! 387,5xx
Tentatively scheduled pickup on Saturday, 6/8 - the car is not here yet, but should arrive on Friday.

The account page was not showing the VIN or delivery date, and I didn't get any text or any other communication before I called. I can see they updated my account to reflect the delivery date and it is showing VIN now.

Ordered on 5/27, so it will be just slightly under 2 weeks. Blue/black LR AWD with Aero wheels and no FSD.

Reactions: Coderre
I called the delivery center today and they had a VIN assigned! 387,5xx
Tentatively scheduled pickup on Saturday, 6/8 - the car is not here yet, but should arrive on Friday.

The account page was not showing the VIN or delivery date, and I didn't get any text or any other communication before I called. I can see they updated my account to reflect the delivery date and it is showing VIN now.

Ordered on 5/27, so it will be just slightly under 2 weeks. Blue/black LR AWD with Aero wheels and no FSD.

Finally placed an order today for that same config. Was thinking RWD but custom orders are out 8-12 weeks they said. Will keep monitoring inventory but I guess I might be getting the AWD.

Either way feels good

Reactions: Jazz3D and Coderre
8 to 12 weeks jeez! What in the world.

Yeah, not sure if it was a sales pitch or reality but basically they said since having the inventory up on the site, they are very scarce. They pretty much all got sucked in in early/mid May which is about when I got serious. Should have got one then but even at that the best I could find was a 2k discount on a Black LR RWD, no options and I wanted the blue.

Yeah, not sure if it was a sales pitch or reality but basically they said since having the inventory up on the site, they are very scarce. They pretty much all got sucked in in early/mid May which is about when I got serious. Should have got one then but even at that the best I could find was a 2k discount on a Black LR RWD, no options and I wanted the blue.
I saw one and didn't snatch it up because I was unsure if color. Now I'm in the RWD LR waiting room lol

Just ordered mine on Thurs 5/30. I called to upgrade to the LR AWD from the Std+ (which I originally ordered) on 5/31.
LR AWD, Black on black w/ 18" aero and no FSD. I'm also trading in my current car, not sure if that'll make it take longer to get me squared away with VIN and delivery.

I called the delivery center today and they were able to give me a VIN. Said it's still at the factory waiting to get delivered. Hopefully that doesn't take too long (I'm in SoCal). My online account has not been updated to reflect this. Seems like there is some lag in the customer facing system than what they can dig up for you behind the scenes. Disappointed about the CA rebate having just run out!

Aw man - I went to pick my blue/white LR AWD today. Took a look at the exterior and it was in perfect condition. Opened the door got a waft of the new car smell and touched that buttery-soft white vegan leather. Then looked up and saw this

IMG-1521.JPG

I believe they're going to pull out all stops to get the roof glass replaced, or find another car (though in short supply).. Had to do a 25 mile drive-of-shame home in the current car... Hoping it'll get the pickup experience again in the next week or so!

Aw man - I went to pick my blue/white LR AWD today. Took a look at the exterior and it was in perfect condition. Opened the door got a waft of the new car smell and touched that buttery-soft white vegan leather. Then looked up and saw this

View attachment 415920

I believe they're going to pull out all stops to get the roof glass replaced, or find another car (though in short supply).. Had to do a 25 mile drive-of-shame home in the current car... Hoping it'll get the pickup experience again in the next week or so!
Embarrassing on Tesla’s part, how that gets missed is beyond me. In reality, they likely knew it was cracked but wanted you to take delivery.

Reactions: jaffy23`
Just got my delivery date! If the car shows on the delivery date of 6/5, that will be a 13 day delivery. I called my local Tesla office and they said the car is still in Fremont. It sounded like the delivery date is a bit soft, but certainly good within a day or two. I'm happy!

Delivered today! The web site said estimated 2 weeks. Tesla delivered in 13 days. Stunning car.

I called the delivery center today and they were able to give me a VIN. Said it's still at the factory waiting to get delivered. Hopefully that doesn't take too long (I'm in SoCal). My online account has not been updated to reflect this. Seems like there is some lag in the customer facing system than what they can dig up for you behind the scenes. Disappointed about the CA rebate having just run out!

Got the message today that I can pick up on Friday. Ordered 5/30, VIN issued 6/5, delivery scheduled for 6/7!