Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Place the order online rather than going to through someone in sales at a SC.

You will have plenty of time to cancel after configuring and plenty of time after delivery too. You get 7 days after delivery to decide if you keep it but getting any money back will take a while though. Getting a VIN for some configurations is taking some time (more than a week).

If you are accustomed luxury interior then a used model S might suite you better. I would not describe M3 as luxurious. I also wouldn’t take an old S with HW1.

Thanks. That's sort of my problem too. I'm limited by my budget and it's hard to find a good deal on a used S with HW2 nowadays.

Update: Got a text message this morning with a link to schedule delivery. First available delivery date was 8/15.
I am very surprised at the speed of this ... I was expecting a much longer wait for white interior. Looks like its getting shipped from Fremont to my local SC. I have no VIN in source ... so not getting to excited until i see a VIN someplace.

Update: Found out during a test drive at my local SC my vehicle was born on 8/1 and is loaded on a train for delivery. I don’t have any additional docs in my account or VIN in source. Maybe the VIN in source is not always an indicator of vehicle status? I saw the data myself so I know vin was issued.

Picked up my LR AWD today! I was so nervous about panel gaps, paint quality, etc, but everything looks excellent. I don't think I've ever scrutinized or looked over a new car so much for gap or paint issues.

Congrats. I'm curious What was the date that you ordered and received your VIN. Also which state? I'm day 10 and still no VIN. I thought I was a patient person until I ordered this car. I'm finding the wait from configuration to VIN is challenging.

Congrats. I'm curious What was the date that you ordered and received your VIN. Also which state? I'm day 10 and still no VIN. I thought I was a patient person until I ordered this car. I'm finding the wait from configuration to VIN is challenging.

Thanks.

Ordered July 13, VIN (found in source) on July 24, and then DA reached out on August 1 to start coordinating delivery. FWIW, my Model 3 is red exterior / black interior and 19's. 442XXX for VIN.

Oh - also I'm in Ontario, Canada.

Update: Found out during a test drive at my local SC my vehicle was born on 8/1 and is loaded on a train for delivery. I don’t have any additional docs in my account or VIN in source. Maybe the VIN in source is not always an indicator of vehicle status? I saw the data myself so I know vin was issued.

Just got my VIN today on a July 27th order. . VIN 469xxx -- born on date is 8/1. Only 13 days from design to vin...