Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone order a LR AWD, White Pearl, Black Interiors, 19 inch rims? If so, how long was the wait?
Been checking inventory everyday but all of them are equipped with the Aero wheels but I'm not a fan of at all.
Yes but with white interior. I saw info on someones order placed 2 days before me but with a 19K higher VIN. Not sure if the interior or wheels is a timing factor but would love to know.

FWIW: I ordered 7/25, got a VIN 9-10 days later, scheduled delivery on 8/14.

Yes but with white interior. I saw info on someones order placed 2 days before me but with a 19K higher VIN. Not sure if the interior or wheels is a timing factor but would love to know.

FWIW: I ordered 7/25, got a VIN 9-10 days later, scheduled delivery on 8/14.

Hmm, that pegs you at about three weeks. Right now for the order I placed yesterday afternoon, my account shows:

Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date

How accurate are the estimates usually? I would definitely take under two over three weeks lol. Unless its business days then 3 weeks would make sense.

2 days after my order and 19K over my higher 450xxx VIN. I'd be interested to know how orders are handled when received. If your spec is already in a standard production schedule do they assign it to you?

That’s hard to answer without insider knowledge of the process. I can say this - I got a call the day of the order. Someone from Tesla Corp thanked me for the order and explained they would try to match ASAP. I explained I was in no hurry to receive the car. He said ok and he would process as a customs build to try and accommodate my timeframe.

Not sure if what he did was any factor or not. I know my local sales office has nothing close to my configuration available. Ditto anything in a 200 mile radius.

Hmm, that pegs you at about three weeks. Right now for the order I placed yesterday afternoon, my account shows:

Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date

How accurate are the estimates usually? I would definitely take under two over three weeks lol. Unless its business days then 3 weeks would make sense.

It seems to be accurate. The delivery estimate is based on when they match you not when you place the order. For most configurations you can expect to get car inside of 2 weeks. It does seem they get backlogged on some upgrade configs.
Maybe it’s hard for production model to gage popularity of seome configs ?

I worked in factory as a summer job once. They run out parts all the time. I read Glassdoor posting from some Fremont production people and it instantly reminds me of when I worked in a factory. Running out of parts is still a thing. You grab a broom and start cleaning floors until parts arrive. Lol.

Last edited:
7/19 order. White/Black 18” LR AWD. Near Dallas. Still waiting. I think the car is in Plano now...when ordered it was an estimated 2 week delivery. Communication has been extremely hit or miss. When it has been miss, it’s been a bad miss.

So if you are reading this post prior to ordering, know you need to kind of let the process flow, because you will not get step by step customer service....which can be frustrating considering the price we are paying for our vehicles.

Ordered July 28th. 16 days no VIN. Went into SC to see if they could tell me anything different. Said everything is done on my end and should see a VIN any time. The guy there told me if I dont See anything by the end of the week to stop by and they will figure something out. Not sure what he meant by that but he seemed pretty confident that I would get Delivery and VIN assigned very soon.