Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three days ago, I had a source VIN. No message from Tesla.
Today, 2 weeks after my order, NO VIN in the Source and not one word from Tesla!
Makes me wonder if it is worth it given all the bad press they are receiving - especially the loss of the 3 million Euro deal in Germany due to poor quality control.

I am almost 3 weeks without VIN after placing my order, and I have similar thoughts.... But yesterday I checked Chevy Bolt on sale for 33k (and then -$3,750, so less than 30k) … and saying that I was unimpressed is an understatement … the Bolt has MANUAL seats adjustments! I think Chevy intentionally did shitty design decisions so the Bolt can't compete with other Chevy cars.

Then I checked Prius Prime … and it was not in stock, and then I listen to tons of BS how they "can bring it if I want it but they will be glad to sell me some other cars which are basically the same as Prime". So, communicating to sales people sucks no matter where you go...

Then I read this: The Conspiracy Against Tesla … Is Too Obvious | CleanTechnica

And finally my wife told me that she wants Tesla not because it is electric, but because it combines so many good and new features that no any other single car currently has.

Now, I am just sitting calm and waiting.

Regarding the story from Germany, I don't think Tesla will be unable to sell those cars in Germany... So there is no real loss. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the German guy will soon get a fantastisch offer from BMW, Audi, or Daimler.

Three days ago, I had a source VIN. No message from Tesla.
Today, 2 weeks after my order, NO VIN in the Source and not one word from Tesla!
Makes me wonder if it is worth it given all the bad press they are receiving - especially the loss of the 3 million Euro deal in Germany due to poor quality control.

I ordered on July 5th. I live in Houston, Texas. Not hard to get cars here. My delivery person has been awful. Their mistakes have delayed my car several times. I still don't have it and the best guess he can give me is "hopefully next week." I've been getting that for over a month now. He keeps making paperwork errors. He lost my trade in packet for a day. He then scheduled me for home delivery, even though I am supposed to pick it up at a service center, again causing more delays. So I feel you BUT it could be worse. Your delay is likely due to the rotation in which they are making them. My buddy who already has one says it is all sooooo worth it.

[QUOTE="SicEm2014, post: 3929834, member: 108880"My delivery person has been awful. So I feel for you BUT it could be worse. Your delay is likely due to the rotation in which they are making them. My buddy who already has one says it is all sooooo worth it. [/QUOTE]
The person that referred me loves his. It was ordered about 10 days before mine. Same combo as mine.
He has been WAY MORE HELPFUL than anyone at Tesla. I did have a VIN!
If Tesla doesn't get back to me before Monday, I'll just cancel my order.
I'm a fan, but NOT a CRAZY FAN and I will not beg to give them my money.
I wonder how many have cancelled due to; crappy sales, service, lack of communication.

Still in the waiting room folks. Ordered on 7/27 , got the VIN on 8/9 with an initial delivery date of 8/15.
Got a call early this week indicating they would not be able to deliver by 8/15. Asked if i would like this Saturday 8/17 instead.

Accepted that .. On a whim i checked the website today and see the date was pushed out to 8/19 - no phone call yet.

I know my SC got some cars in as they are showing inventory they didn't previously have.

Officially out of the waiting room. Took delivery today - they dropped it off at my office. Multi-Coat Red LR AWD.

20 days from order to delivery.

Car looks flawless. Some minor rubbing or squeak from passenger back window. Will monitor it and open service ticket if necessary. Other than that no complaints so far. Car promptly started software update download, elected to start install at home. Amazing tech with just minor Tesla growing pains with ordering and delivery. Well worth the wait folks ! Wish I order accessories sooner.

Ordered mine on 7/28, White/White, 18" Aero. I'm scheduled for delivery on August 24th. I'm waiting on my VIN and purchase order so I can give that to my bank to complete the loan paperwork which will get the check to Tesla. Hopefully by Monday I'll see a VIN in my account so the turnaround time will not be down to the wire before my delivery appointment. Oh, and I can't finalize my insurance coverage until they receive the VIN. I'm not sure what the hold up is since I received a call from my DA to let me know my M3 was in transit. If they know that much about the car then you'd think they could provide the VIN to me since they know it is in transit. I didn't think it was rocket science... but then again, maybe it is.

Ordered mine on 7/28, White/White, 18" Aero. I'm scheduled for delivery on August 24th. I'm waiting on my VIN and purchase order so I can give that to my bank to complete the loan paperwork which will get the check to Tesla. Hopefully by Monday I'll see a VIN in my account so the turnaround time will not be down to the wire before my delivery appointment. Oh, and I can't finalize my insurance coverage until they receive the VIN. I'm not sure what the hold up is since I received a call from my DA to let me know my M3 was in transit. If they know that much about the car then you'd think they could provide the VIN to me since they know it is in transit. I didn't think it was rocket science... but then again, maybe it is.
Take it with a grain of salt but I had a similar experience and was told they do not give out VIN info while in transit because you may get rematched before the car arrives. My takeaway from that was that if along the way another order needs that config more they could be matched to it and put your order on another car. This was a Tesla support chat agent when I had the same concern - can’t get insurance without a VIN, can’t complete online purchase process without giving proof of insurance.

What state are you getting delivered to? Also ordered 28th waiting to hear anything from tesla

YOOOOO

2018 Model 3 | Tesla

$33,700 LR AWD

7,134 miles

What is going on tonight. Wow

CZDii7U.png

Absolutely amazing deal. But its the exact opposite of my ideal config. Whoever got that got an absurd deal

Last edited:
Ordered 7/31 - LR AWD with White/Black Interior & 18" Aero Wheels.
Still no VIN. [Previously rec'd a glitch text on 8/9 saying vehicle was ready but later the link was dead and routed me back to my account page. Tesla rep said that was "odd" as they see the text in their system but no VIN number.]
Day 14 - The wait continues.

Spoke to rep. Delay could last awhile.... So I changed 18" Aero to 19" sport, and removed FSD. Next day, VIN received & scheduled for delivery in 5 days (8/22).

I was advised there are several LR AWD (white on white) that are listed in other cities' inventory BUT have yet to leave the Oakland/SF shipping docks, so they can be matched/routed quickly. I can help find VINs if anyone wants help.

I am almost 3 weeks without VIN after placing my order, and I have similar thoughts.... But yesterday I checked Chevy Bolt on sale for 33k (and then -$3,750, so less than 30k) … and saying that I was unimpressed is an understatement … the Bolt has MANUAL seats adjustments! I think Chevy intentionally did shitty design decisions so the Bolt can't compete with other Chevy cars.

Then I checked Prius Prime … and it was not in stock, and then I listen to tons of BS how they "can bring it if I want it but they will be glad to sell me some other cars which are basically the same as Prime". So, communicating to sales people sucks no matter where you go...

Then I read this: The Conspiracy Against Tesla … Is Too Obvious | CleanTechnica

And finally my wife told me that she wants Tesla not because it is electric, but because it combines so many good and new features that no any other single car currently has.

Now, I am just sitting calm and waiting.

Regarding the story from Germany, I don't think Tesla will be unable to sell those cars in Germany... So there is no real loss. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the German guy will soon get a fantastisch offer from BMW, Audi, or Daimler.

WOW, great article ! I think most people should read that article.
I finally got a REAL person at Tesla to reply to me. Hoping that Alyssa in Calgary gets things sorted out. She sounded sincere so all I can do is wait to find out where my VIN went and when my car will actually arrive.

Sounds like I could be in for a long wait. Account page states "Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date"
Ordered 8/12 - LR AWD with White/Black Interior & 18" Aero Wheels.
Checked source code 8/16 - Min delivery Sept, Max delivery October
Checked source code 8/17 - Min delivery Oct, Max delivery Dec