Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 8/10, Ordered Pearl White Multi-Coat, 18 inch Aero, Model 3 LR AWD, Premium Interior (no fsd). I was at the showroom yesterday and upon inquiry, I was told (very honestly) that there may be a wait for about 2 to 3 more weeks (max). However, If I was ok with a black exterior he can get one assigned to me fairly quickly and at NO additional price ($750?). For now, I think I ok okay with the wait (and appreciated the honesty). I guess, this has to do with the recent launch in NZ and Europe (Poland, Hungary, Romania & Slovenia), etc.
Since there was no update, I reached out to Tesla customer service via "chat" on their homepage. Explained the situation and was assured that I would receive a call back with more info soon. Received a call back within a few hours from customer service rep and was assured that I should receive a VIN within a week from today. Also, she explained that Pearl white is currently on backorder and the site will need to be updated accordingly (in other words, the delivery estimate is NOT 2 weeks). In the meanwhile, got this bad boy up and ready for the car (when it arrives).

Attachments

• Nema.jpg
    Nema.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 73
On 08/01/2019, Ordered Pearl White Multi-Coat, 18 inch Aero, Model 3 LR AWD, Premium White Interior.

No VIN, Still waiting ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... and waiting some more.

So just a heads up. I finally got a SA and was able to get matched with the Inventory car that didn't have FSD enabled. I asked why I wasn't matched with it given FSD is just a software toggle basically. They let me know that any configuration difference will not match. So if you're configured with FSD make sure you're checking local inventory for the same config without FSD and vice versa or you might be waiting a while.

• Informative
Reactions: DopeGhoti
Ordered 9/4/19! LR AWD - White exterior, black interior, standard wheels, no FSD.

I've been waiting years to get in a Tesla... happy to finally be a step closer! Will report back once I've made some sort of progress.

Recieved a call from the local Tesla rep, they expect it to be here at the end of next week (ordered yesterday.) No VIN, but that was a lot quicker than I was expecting!

I admit to being confused, from what I read the Tesla home charger wants a 60 amp circuit; not sure what happens when you plug it into at 50 AMP outlet.
You can use any amperage... the home charger needs to be set to whatever circuit you have it on.https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/wall_connector_installation_manual_80A_en_US.pdf (page 22)

Looks like on a 50amp circuit, it''ll pull 40amps and your Model 3 will charge at 37mph -> Wall Connector

Ordered Aug 26th, cheapest LR (pearl white, black interior, no FSD 18 inch). No vin no delivery.

I live at Ontario Canada. Today in the morning, at least 5 LR popped up online at the two Toronto stores. One pearl white with white interior, one pearl white with 19 inch wheels (so sadly I did not get a match) and at least one for all the other colours. All cars are $66,000CAD+ with some sort of upgrades. My theory is that, Tesla is intensionally slowing down on the cheapest LR and secretly hoping when people are tired of waiting, they throw a couple of grand to buy one with some sort of upgrades and Tesla can reek more profit.

Tbh I am a bit pissed. I don't mind waiting. But Tesla setup an expectation of 2 weeks (website shows three but when I placed the order, in the account it says two). This is false advertising.

One of the Toronto stores told me to expect more delivery next week because it is close to quarter end and Tesla will really push the delivery. The associate told me to be optimistic.

Believe it or not, all of LR are gone now (still 5 SR+ left, again all of them has some sort of upgrades, either paint, interior, or rim) ...

LR AWD
Blue
18"
No FSD

New Jersey

2019-08-24 - ordered
2019-09-05 - received text to schedule delivery (2019-09-12 earliest available delivery)
2019-09-06 - replied to an automated text but did eventually get a callback from a human to schedule for a date outside the window the app would allow. received VIN.
2019-09-14 - scheduled delivery

So seems I got pretty lucky. counting business days and not penalizing them for my scheduling constraints, it should be 2.5 weeks. At order time, estimate was 2 weeks.