Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is day 27 of waiting for me...

Did anyone near Salt Lake City receive a VIN yet?

I ordered on 8/12.
MSM with 18 aero.

I am with you. Ordered mine 8/19 and still no Vin.21 days and counting. I have called so many times with only getting voicemail. Only one text message that says wait longer (nicer than that) Salt Lake City Pre-Vin Service SUCKS so far.

• Helpful
Reactions: alex-kovshovik
I am with you. Ordered mine 8/19 and still no Vin.21 days and counting. I have called so many times with only getting voicemail. Only one text message that says wait longer (nicer than that) Salt Lake City Pre-Vin Service SUCKS so far.

My rep at the Salt Lake location said they're expecting around 300 cars in the next 2 weeks. They even asked members of the Utah Tesla club for help doing deliveries. So I would say be patient for another week or so? I ordered mine on 8/14, still nothing...

• Helpful
Reactions: alex-kovshovik
My rep at the Salt Lake location said they're expecting around 300 cars in the next 2 weeks. They even asked members of the Utah Tesla club for help doing deliveries. So I would say be patient for another week or so? I ordered mine on 8/14, still nothing...

Thanks for the info! I'm really looking forward to one delivered in the next 2 weeks or sooner.

There is a Utah Tesla club? I'll join now :)

As I have said before, I really don't mind waiting. Waiting in the dark sucks. I have had so little contact and only get Voicemails when I call. Maybe I need to talk with your rep :). But that is good to hear about the cars arriving soon. :Fingerscrossed:

Order Date: 8/9
Config: White M3 AWD LR - White Interior - 18in aero wheels
No VIN.
No estimated delivery.
Live in Fremont.

Sales Advisor won't pick up my calls/reply to my texts. Absolutely terrible customer service from Tesla.

Day 31. Still waiting. Wrote a VERY frustrated email to Tesla and got a call back within the hour. Sales Advisor said I would likely be able to take delivery by 9/20. My gut feeling is that that day will be pushed out with no repercussion on Tesla's side.

Day 31. Still waiting. Wrote a VERY frustrated email to Tesla and got a call back within the hour. Sales Advisor said I would likely be able to take delivery by 9/20. My gut feeling is that that day will be pushed out with no repercussion on Tesla's side.
There are thousands of people waiting over 30 days. Dont feel like you are getting special treatment. Alot of us that ordered last week of July just received delivery appointments for this coming weekend 9-14 to 9-17. So I would definitely say anywhere from 20th to 31st sounds about right.

I'm impressed they called you back! What did your email say and who did it go to? I need to try that trick. I'm on day 36.

I'm impressed they called you back! What did your email say and who did it go to? I need to try that trick. I'm on day 36.

I'll redact the names:

Hello,

I’m concerned with my Model 3 manufacturing progress and status, the whole experience thus far has turned me off to Tesla overall. I ordered a White Model 3 AWD with white interior. When I first ordered the car I contacted Tesla Fremont Showroom and they stated the car would be delivered to me on Sept. 8. Seems as though Tesla will not be able to reach that mark.

Even more concerning than Tesla representatives quoting different dates every time I call is my sales advisor. My sales advisor, [NAME REDACTED], is slow to reply and quite rarely/if ever returns my calls or texts. As a prospective owner I have questions that need to be answered and it’s very disappointing to know that I have to call 3 different offices in order to get in touch with someone to answer my questions. I ask that my order is reassigned to a new sales advisor as [NAME REDACTED] seems to be unable to do the duties of a sales advisor.

As far as the progress and status of my order goes: I am leaving the country on September 20th and have been told my order would be ready by then however past experiences have taught me not to trust frankly anything Tesla says. I will need to arrange another way to pick up this car. I will sign a letter authorizing that someone take delivery of this vehicle as I will not wait another 1-2 months for an already delayed order to be produced once I return from vacation.

To be frank, I am astounded by the lack of quality customer service Tesla has to offer. I was very excited ordering my Model 3. Unfortunately Tesla production and customer service have turned me off to the company as a whole. It amazes me that I can track a Dominos pizza down to the minute it will arrive to my home and an Amazon package while it’s in transit to my home but a 50 thousand dollar car is anyone best guess.

However, this isn’t irreparable. I ask that you promptly assign me a new sales advisor and provide me with an update on my order.

Please escalate this email internally to whomever can get me a response by the end of this week. As a customer and prospective owner it not should be my job to have to call 3 offices to get in touch with someone.

Regards,

I'll redact the names:

Hello,

I’m concerned with my Model 3 manufacturing progress and status, the whole experience thus far has turned me off to Tesla overall. I ordered a White Model 3 AWD with white interior. When I first ordered the car I contacted Tesla Fremont Showroom and they stated the car would be delivered to me on Sept. 8. Seems as though Tesla will not be able to reach that mark.

Even more concerning than Tesla representatives quoting different dates every time I call is my sales advisor. My sales advisor, [NAME REDACTED], is slow to reply and quite rarely/if ever returns my calls or texts. As a prospective owner I have questions that need to be answered and it’s very disappointing to know that I have to call 3 different offices in order to get in touch with someone to answer my questions. I ask that my order is reassigned to a new sales advisor as [NAME REDACTED] seems to be unable to do the duties of a sales advisor.

As far as the progress and status of my order goes: I am leaving the country on September 20th and have been told my order would be ready by then however past experiences have taught me not to trust frankly anything Tesla says. I will need to arrange another way to pick up this car. I will sign a letter authorizing that someone take delivery of this vehicle as I will not wait another 1-2 months for an already delayed order to be produced once I return from vacation.

To be frank, I am astounded by the lack of quality customer service Tesla has to offer. I was very excited ordering my Model 3. Unfortunately Tesla production and customer service have turned me off to the company as a whole. It amazes me that I can track a Dominos pizza down to the minute it will arrive to my home and an Amazon package while it’s in transit to my home but a 50 thousand dollar car is anyone best guess.

However, this isn’t irreparable. I ask that you promptly assign me a new sales advisor and provide me with an update on my order.

Please escalate this email internally to whomever can get me a response by the end of this week. As a customer and prospective owner it not should be my job to have to call 3 offices to get in touch with someone.

Regards,

Dang... Good on you for articulating all of our frustrations. What email address did you send this to? General Tesla account? Or someone specific?

Ordered white on white with 19" and FSD in Colorado on 8/24 just got a text this morning to prepare for delivery! Will take delivery on 9/14. when I called last week they said it would take another one to two weeks for deliveries in Colorado and Arizona and it sounds right.