Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can actually go to showroom and ask your sales associate to patch this deal on existing one. I will be going today and ask for this perk. Will update about the findings soon.
I was on the phone with my showroom for almost the whole afternoon and I got really pissed. I was told they can not patch it because to be qualified for the free upgrade push, it has to be 1. Order placed before sept 10 (mine was one aug 26) 2. Vin number not assigned (I was assigned like mid night last night). So if I cancel my order, I failed the first condition. If I keep my order, I failed the second condition. Either way, I got nothing.

I was told this is North American wide policy so no matter which showroom I go to, I will get the same answer.

How is the things going on ur end? I wish u have better luck than I did.

Took delivery today so I will be leaving this waiting room, but for your reference this was my experience with the sales upgrade push -- we ended up speaking to the delivery manager at Fremont and she said the law of the Auditors was that they would be able to apply either 2 years of free supercharging OR the free upgrades (2 of the three) assuming you were taking delivery of an inventory car. I was very fortunate to have taken the latter option, so I was able to knock $2,000 off of my sticker plus get my 2,000 mile referral bonus, so overall I am very happy.

For reference, the equivalent of the 2 years of supercharging is about $300, so the upgrades were definitely the way to go.

Car drives like a dream and just feels..... right. It was difficult to drop it off for PPF and tinting but the end result will be even better. Good luck to all of you waiting -- my advice is to go with an inventory car if possible, it's MUCH better than waiting for the order process to take its course.

Reactions: bdelrizzo
Ordered yesterday (Sept 14) and already got the text today to book delivery appointment. Loan hasn't even been approved yet. It defaulted to Sept 28 delivery. I chose Sept 30 so I can, barring any paint issues, etc. immediately drive it to the place that will PPF, tint, etc..

I ordered a week ago and I must say that I am feeling the same as when I first ordered cable. There was a message on the screen and I would tell my wife that we have a message just for me. She called me an idiot back then, stating that everyone got that message. I’m feeling the same way. I felt so special yesterday. Now I find out that everyone got that message.

So I have a friend who just picked up his Tesla and he told me that as long as you don’t have a VIN then it is possible to get the deals that you’ve mentioned. However the car has to be one that is in inventory.

That rules me out. I want a few custom things on mine.

I ordered a week ago and I must say that I am feeling the same as when I first ordered cable. There was a message on the screen and I would tell my wife that we have a message just for me. She called me an idiot back then, stating that everyone got that message. I’m feeling the same way. I felt so special yesterday. Now I find out that everyone got that message.

This was my "exact" same feeling. I was so happy to have received the text message but after seeing almost everybody received it, it was not as exciting anymore. It's like it doesn't matter anymore because everybody got it which means it was just a blast message.

At least on the bright side I know they have the correct cell phone number to text me at when it is eventually ready lol!

Reactions: CoyoteJim
I was on the phone with my showroom for almost the whole afternoon and I got really pissed. I was told they can not patch it because to be qualified for the free upgrade push, it has to be 1. Order placed before sept 10 (mine was one aug 26) 2. Vin number not assigned (I was assigned like mid night last night). So if I cancel my order, I failed the first condition. If I keep my order, I failed the second condition. Either way, I got nothing.

I was told this is North American wide policy so no matter which showroom I go to, I will get the same answer.

How is the things going on ur end? I wish u have better luck than I did.
My sales associate told that she mailed to the tesla team to got it applied. We should have the answers in week. Also I am not sure about the eligibility which you mentioned as she didn't tell me the details. But I am eligible in that case as I ordered Aug 15 no VIN yet.
Did you also get to know other deals regarding color and wheels bonus people are talking about?

With all that is happening, I wanted you guys' help to clarify some things.

I placed my order on the 15th of August, tried applying a promo code (and I thought I did) but somehow throughout the order process it did not stay on the order. Nevertheless, on the 20th of August was ordering a Wall Connector and the invoice had the VIN already. Got delivery scheduled last friday for the 28th of September. I am from Portugal, by the way, so not all things may apply but I'll give anything a shot!

Would Tesla still be able and willing to apply a referral code after the order was placed? I tried but was quickly put down by a Sales rep that it wouldn't be possible without placing a new order.

Also, if I contacted the showroom, would they be able to add the 2 years supercharging to my order even though I ordered a month ago and will take delivery before the end of the quarter?

Thanks! Pleasure to join the Forum and the waiting room :)

Took delivery today so I will be leaving this waiting room, but for your reference this was my experience with the sales upgrade push -- we ended up speaking to the delivery manager at Fremont and she said the law of the Auditors was that they would be able to apply either 2 years of free supercharging OR the free upgrades (2 of the three) assuming you were taking delivery of an inventory car. I was very fortunate to have taken the latter option, so I was able to knock $2,000 off of my sticker plus get my 2,000 mile referral bonus, so overall I am very happy.

For reference, the equivalent of the 2 years of supercharging is about $300, so the upgrades were definitely the way to go.

Car drives like a dream and just feels..... right. It was difficult to drop it off for PPF and tinting but the end result will be even better. Good luck to all of you waiting -- my advice is to go with an inventory car if possible, it's MUCH better than waiting for the order process to take its course.
Big Congrats to you .
I calculate mine for 2 years supercharging. I will save around $2500 for 2 years. I calculated just the miles for my commute monthly which is 2500 miles. It will save more on the long drive trips which I will be making. Also, for me Super charging deal is better because I have superchargers located at my work. Any ways can you please provide details about the other deal which they offer. I am not aware of those deals. $2000 off you got on color option or wheels or just got off due to these upgrades?

Big Congrats to you .
I calculate mine for 2 years supercharging. I will save around $2500 for 2 years. I calculated just the miles for my commute monthly which is 2500 miles. It will save more on the long drive trips which I will be making. Also, for me Super charging deal is better because I have superchargers located at my work. Any ways can you please provide details about the other deal which they offer. I am not aware of those deals. $2000 off you got on color option or wheels or just got off due to these upgrades?

Yes, if you are exclusively supercharging it would be different. I have superchargers near work but not specifically at the office. And here in Nor. Cal. PG&E gives lower rates for EVs that you plug in at home. So for us we agreed with the delivery supervisor that the 2 years of SC was not worth as much for us.

As for the discounts we received, as I understand it if you want a basic model 3 (white paint black exterior) then assuming they have a equivalent trim in stock with a different color, different interior, or different tires (two out of the three), you can get that non-basic car for the same price as the basic; i.e. you can get a color upgrade and tires for the same price as the basic model. You would have to take delivery by October 1.

I don't work for Tesla, so YMMV.

Just an update, I called the Costa Mesa Delivery Center today about my LR AWD White/Black and they said they didn't have much information other than delivery by the end of the month. He then asked me if I would be interested in the LR RWD since there were several on of them on a truck on the way down. He said they would give me the 2 years of unlimited supercharging if I wanted to switch so I did and took delivery today! No AWD but I'm happy with that since I was mostly in it for the range. I have 325 mile range so finally off the waiting list!

Just an update, I called the Costa Mesa Delivery Center today about my LR AWD White/Black and they said they didn't have much information other than delivery by the end of the month. He then asked me if I would be interested in the LR RWD since there were several on of them on a truck on the way down. He said they would give me the 2 years of unlimited supercharging if I wanted to switch so I did and took delivery today! No AWD but I'm happy with that since I was mostly in it for the range. I have 325 mile range so finally off the waiting list!

Congrats!!

"I will not break" — LR AWD MSM Black Interior 18" Areo please come soon!

Reactions: bruinj26
Yes, if you are exclusively supercharging it would be different. I have superchargers near work but not specifically at the office. And here in Nor. Cal. PG&E gives lower rates for EVs that you plug in at home. So for us we agreed with the delivery supervisor that the 2 years of SC was not worth as much for us.

As for the discounts we received, as I understand it if you want a basic model 3 (white paint black exterior) then assuming they have a equivalent trim in stock with a different color, different interior, or different tires (two out of the three), you can get that non-basic car for the same price as the basic; i.e. you can get a color upgrade and tires for the same price as the basic model. You would have to take delivery by October 1.

I don't work for Tesla, so YMMV.
Cool thanks for the info. That means this other incentives won’t be applicable for LR at here in SD because not even a single car is available yet in inventory and by end of this week is when the cars will be coming so mainly it might be applicable on the already placed orders someone who just walk-in to purchase might get this deal.
Anyways for me 2 years supercharging is what I want which I hope should be applied to my account as I ordered aug 15 and no vin yet.

Ordered LR AWD white/white/FSD/aero 8/15. No update until the "2 week" text that everyone got a few days ago.

Ended up cancelling last night and ordered an inventory Blue/Black/FSD/19" M3P-. Pick up in two days at Fremont hub. My SA told me I could only get the free upgrade for paint & wheels OR 2 years of supercharging. She would not give me both.