Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • 8/30 ordered
  • 9/17 I spotted a White/Black aero LR awd in listed in Bellevue inventory and called. It turned out to be waiting transport from the factory. Vin appeared in source immediately when I was matched.
  • 9/19 Vin appeared on order page with a delivery appointment.
  • 9/20 Tesla's calls to confirm delivery appointment.
  • 9/21 delivery. 26 minutes to get my key cards & go.

No significant faults I can see.

Reactions: Jazz3D
9/13 - Ordered LR AWD MSM/Black 19"
9/20 - VIN showed up in source code
9/20 - Received text with delivery appointment
9/22 - Delivery

Incentives received include paint and wheel upgrade.

Delivery went better than expected, no significant issues that I could detect. One small paint nib near rear window, which I had documented. A few hairline scratches with they buffed out. Jack points were intact. Only deviation I noted was the lack of trunk and frunk mats, which they insisted were no longer included. Floor mats were included, but they're pretty barebones. No NEMA 14-50 adapter provided.

I had been trying to match to a P3D- but had difficulty getting Tesla to be willing to apply current incentives if I matched to a P3D-. In the end, after driving it around a bunch today, I'm plenty happy with the performance of the AWD.

My Tesla Model 3 delivery experience wrap-up:

My biggest takeaway: if you order in the middle of the quarter you’re going to have to wait the longest. You can make some calls and maybe get it a day sooner at the end, but it’s still going to be 5 weeks. Order at the end of the quarter you’ll probably get it within a week right out of local inventory.

8/15: ordered pearl white/black Model 3 LR AWD, no FSD.

8/29: Told by SA that car should be available by 9/14.

9/10: Told by Tesla Delivery Team that vin# should be assigned next week (9/15-9/21).

9/12: Told by Tesla Delivery Team that my RN was “next in line.”

9/13: Received call from Tesla marketing asking if I wanted to attend an event where I could test drive a model 3. Informed the caller that I had already ordered a model 3 last month. She asked a bunch of questions and told me she was forwarding my responses to the Rocklin (my local) Delivery Team.

9/13: Received a call from the SA who said I could get the 2 years supercharging. Said he would look for any LR AWD model 3s in inventory with different options that I could upgrade to for free.

9/14: Received a text from Tesla that they expect to deliver my model 3 in the next two weeks and will update me when delivery is ready.

9/17: told SA that some people were reporting finding performance models and demo AWD cars at Fremont. Said he would look.

9/18: VIN# appeared in source code. SA said he was able to grab new car fresh off the line.

9/18: Received text to schedule delivery. Picked 9/21

9/19: Received notification that another inquiry had been made against my credit (went past 30 days since app). Shortly after a link appeared on website to make payment from bank account.

9/20: Received phone call to confirm my delivery date. Immediately afterward finance agreement link appeared on web page to sign documents.

9/21: Picked up car. No issues except chrome trim piece on one door was off center. They said that was by design so that no two Teslas would be alike (hardy har har). Not a big enough deal to fight about it. Otherwise car is great!

Just picked up my vehicle ordered 8/18 from the Costa Mesa, CA location. The car is perfect except for one major issue...

I had called 2-3 times 1-1.5 weeks BEFORE pickup and confirmed the $1500 “comp” for my upgraded 19” wheels. Upon reviewing the final invoicing for signatures the $1500 was still there. I called the rep out about the charge (really nice btw) and she went to speak with the manager.

Less than 2 mins later she’s back to say they can’t do the comp without redoing the paperwork. When I asked could that prevent me from taking the vehicle today, she said yes. FFS!

They comprised with 2 years of free SC, which I thought I had anyway as part of the end of the quarter push. I would have much rather taken the $1500 as I’ll don’t expect to spend that much in SC’ing the next 2 years.

So, beware upon pickup.

Anyone else have a similar experience or were you able to get your comps?

Anyone else have a similar experience or were you able to get your comps?

I was able to get my comps, but had my doubts about whether or not it would actually happen, mostly because everytime I would try to match with a P3D- (I had ordered a AWD), it would seem like they had no idea about my comps. And when I finally got the delivery text, my online invoice was still uncorrected. They finally revised it the next day, but only after I told them I wasn't coming to get the car unless the online invoice showed the correct pricing info.

Car is being dropped off tonight. Huzzah! No comps (never asked cause the scuttlebutt seemed to be that was only for inventory cars), but I am getting the 2 years Supercharging which will be great for exploring California.

I liked a lot of things about my A3 e-tron, but I was never going to keep a PHEV long enough to drive it into the ground. As our second car, even if there are substantive battery improvement in the next few year, this will be great for anything within or adjacent to California.

Reactions: Kdblondie
Haven't yet received vehicle even though I got matched on 9/16 with a car in NorCal that had a paint upgrade and was a test drive vehicle, both of which led to discounts.

Here's my time line:
9/4: ordered white/18"/black no FSD online
9/6: cancelled order and ordered through SA in Socal
9/16: got matched to MSM with same features plus a discount since it had 1003 miles. Delivery set for 9/22
9/21: pick up remaining balance + loan in cashiers check from CU. Loan starts accruing interest!
9/22: delivery scheduled for this date
9/22 morning - got a text from SA to say the car hasn't made it down to SoCal yet, rescheduled for 9/24
9/23: called Burbank to check and it's not in the system anywhere! They don't know where the car is. All they can say is that the transport that was going to bring it down here got cancelled for no stated reason. Checked tesla.com account and it says 9/25 so I call burbank to confirm and they say "oh I wouldn't trust that appointment time". Person at burbank was pretty nice about everything though. Post to TMC to complain

I will be complaining tomorrow if nothing changes, and I will start asking certain things such as trunk and frunk mats, Nema connector, maybe even a wall charger since I'm paying interest on this darn loan.

Car received this weekend. WOW. Lost for words. I haven't been this excited to drive a car !!!!
Ordered 9/1. The extra week was due to banking issues. Otherwise the two week window would have been kept.
Extremely stoked by the whole process. Signing took less than 10 minutes. A tour of the car found no defects. I looked for panel gaps, shoddy workmanship, paint irregularities. I found none. Very happy thus far. Hang in there, it's worth it.

Reactions: XLR82XS
Order Placed on 9/17. White on White with 18" wheels
Tentative delivery date to pickup 9/30
Tesla has assigned an IDA to my case but its been more than 3-5 days that the IDA has never contacted me.
I'm hoping to take delivery by 9/30 but the IDA is slow as hell..He even has put a log stating that he tried reaching me on my cell but apparently I never got a call from any Tesla financial guys..
What do I do in this situation

Took delivery last night. Slight scuff on one of the roof pillars which the guy noted and said to take to a service centre to have them buff.

I way over designed my process for making sure that the front plate holder was centred... (ruler, low tack paint tape on one side, then placement).

Terrified to drive it in this morning. Still have a lot of setup to do!